Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Looking for Weekend Trips from NYC

Credits

Question Looking for Weekend Trips from NYC

Any one got any places to recommend...

Dawtah of the Sun Empressdududahlin's Avatar Empressdududahlin is offline
    Credits
    I'm trying to go to Atlantic City the weekend of Trini carnival! That's my recommendation, sawwy!

Credits
    Originally posted by empressedu
    I'm trying to go to Atlantic City the weekend of Trini carnival! That's my recommendation, sawwy!
    I'm going the weekend of the 28th. Going to play my $.05 slot machines...

Credits
    That's the first place I thought about but didn't reply. I love going there. I don't even go with much money. I used to go just to get away for a weekend.

Credits
    Allyuh it's my first time there, I mean to actually chill not pass through.. but I can't wait, I need some me time, and the discount I'm getting on hotels so happens to work outside a 50 mile radius of NYC, so NJ was the only choice...

where the Eagles are a hometown favorite!
    Credits
    Urban Strategist

http://www.newyorkmetro.com/urban/ar...s/getaways.htm

For some Valentine's Day quality time, go into seclusion at one of these romantic out-of-town destinations.

Litchfield's Mayflower Inn
    There's a three-night minimum to stay at the luxurious Mayflower Inn but the spa services offered at this English manor-style inn in Connecticut's Litchfield County are so deluxe, you won't be in a hurry to leave.

Inns on Shelter Island
    The stately seaside Ram's Head Inn is offering rock-bottom rates for Valentine's night and for February 18-21. Rooms from $35-$90 include continental breakfast, and on Valentine's Day, the inn's Champagne & Chiffon evening will feature live jazz. Rooms at the nearby Chequit Inn start at $65.

Going Gourmet in Maine
    Cute Victorian bed-and-breakfasts are practically a dime a dozen in Maine, but the Berry Manor Inn ($85-$115 per night) in Rockland offers "evening sweets" and it's not far from James Beard Award-winner Melissa Kelly's restaurant, Primo.

Bond-Like Bermuda Escape
    The Sonesta Beach hotel will take you out of the city and back to the sixties, with a decor straight out of 007. Rooms are $145-$200, and right now the hotel is offering a fourth night free if you book three nights. Be sure to check the Web site's "Last Minute Net-Only Specials" before you book.

Boston's New Beacon
    The tony new Fifteen Beacon hotel offers a "Romantic Getaway": For $675 ($495 each additional night), you'll get an amenity-laden studio including a working fireplace, whirlpool tub, bottle of champagne, flower bouquet, and continental breakfast in your canopied, 300-thread-count-sheeted bed.

Schussing in Killington
    Most rooms at the Killington Grand are booked, but ski-in/ski-out condos with fireplace, full kitchen and whirlpool tub are still available, from $434 per person and up. If you'd rather avoid the President's Day weekend rush, the resort is also offering cheap packages that start the following Monday.

Tucked Away in Turks & Caicos
    The very private Parrot Cay offers 1,000 acres of tropical escape just south of Miami, but take heed: The hotel requires a five-night minimum stay during that period. Winter rates start at $560.

Capital Valentine
    Located in one of D.C.'s hipper 'hoods, the Tabard Inn has beautiful rooms and a critically lauded restaurant. Rates for two with private bath start at $125.

Catskills & Cabaret
    The Bradstan Country Hotel offers a base for antiquing and taking in the charm and fresh air in Woodstock. Rates from $100-$125; ask for a room overlooking White Lake, and check out the Saturday night cabaret offering.

Boca Is for Lovers
    Not only does the Boca Raton Resort & Club offer the golf, tennis, spa and luxury amenities you'd expect from a chi chi resort, it's got a little touch of New York nearby: Drew Nieporent's Lucca restaurant. Room rates range from $260-1300.

Credits
    Allyuh it's my first time there, I mean to actually chill not pass through.. but I can't wait, I need some me time, and the discount I'm getting on hotels so happens to work outside a 50 mile radius of NYC, so NJ was the only choice...
    When yuh go make sure yuh pass by trump world the all yuh can eat buffet is the best.

where the Eagles are a hometown favorite!
    Credits
    New York Weekend Getaways
    There's a whole New York outside of New York City!
    Whether you like antiquing, skiing, fishing, biking or hiking, we've got the perfect place for you!

Click on a region for reviews, coupons and links:
    Adirondacks - Beautiful mountains and family fun.
    Capital-Saratoga - Horseracing and mineral spring spas!
    Catskills - Year-round outdoor fun for everyone!
    Central Leatherstocking - Opera & the Baseball Hall of Fame!
    Chautauqua-Allegheny - Lakes, countryside, the Senecas.
    Fingerlakes - Scenic wonders, parks and historic landmarks.
    Hudson Valley - Wineries, historic sites & outdoor fun.
    Long Island - Diversity, charm, excitement and solitude!
    Niagara - More than just the famous falls!
    New York City - Getaway without going away!
    Thousand Islands - Pristine resort community surrounded by Lake Ontario, the Adirondacks, the St. Lawrence River.

http://escapemaker.com/ny/

Credits
    clchick thanks for the site...i like that it shows the distance in hours from NYC.

Credits
    Deperado thanks to Clchick I think I may change my destination to another hotel now... I'll fill you in though if I like the food Desper., That's if I hit the buffet table, I'm working out for Miami yuh see.

Credits
    Deperado thanks to Clchick I think I may change my destination to another hotel now... I'll fill you in though if I like the food Desper., That's if I hit the buffet table, I'm working out for Miami yuh see.
    Yuh cyan go gambling on ah empty stomach yuh mad. yuh losing money and yuh belly empty yuh want us to see yuh on the six o'clock news.

Credits
    Funny man Desperado, Actually I'm not going there to gamble.*saying happily* Hmmmmm!

Credits
    Funny man Desperado, Actually I'm not going there to gamble.*saying happily* Hmmmmm!
    These virgin ears of mind the things that I does see and hear

Credits
    Oh gosh, nothing out my mouth came out of order dahlin! Sometimes, these trips people need to take to get away from home to escape the dramas of the dollar cabs, B 35's, 8's, 41's, the 4train, the 2 train, the traffic and the attitudes.... That's all, I'll probably look a for a massage therapists while I'm there! Is that clean for your ears??? LOL

Credits
    Oh gosh, nothing out my mouth came out of order dahlin! Sometimes, these trips people need to take to get away from home to escape the dramas of the dollar cabs, B 35's, 8's, 41's, the 4train, the 2 train, the traffic and the attitudes.... That's all, I'll probably look a for a massage therapists while I'm there! Is that clean for your ears??? LOL
    Yeh I can see yuh now walking slowly on the boardwalk just in enjoyin the nice breeze as it comes of the ocean ah what ah feelin And yuh taking dis trip in february right boi what ah warm place to be.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast