Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Literati/Scrabble...

The JaMô

Literati/Scrabble...

Does anyone play this game? Whether online or the actual board game... just curious to know because this (and monopoly) are my fav board games; and my cousin told me I'm an old woman because I like scrabble. There are some scrabble lovers out there under the age of 30 right?

Credits
    of course... I tend to favor Monopoly myself as I love attempting to amass a huge fortune... Most of my friends are younger than me and we sometimes get together to play Scrabble when our schedules permit... and one of my friends works as a youth counsellor and there are plenty of kids who enjoy board games so no worries...

I really enjoy the auction feature that is part of the Monopoly for PC... the bidding tend to get heated when I play...
    Last edited by jebratt; 11-06-2005 at 08:38 PM.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by VincyJam82
    Does anyone play this game? Whether online or the actual board game... just curious to know because this (and monopoly) are my fav board games; and my cousin told me I'm an old woman because I like scrabble. There are some scrabble lovers out there under the age of 30 right?

i'm one of them..

actually i have a couple of friends in new york that i meet up with to play scrabble whenever i'm in town.

we go to this 24-hour bakery and usually start the rounds at 2 am or so.

it's so much fun. last time i actually beat them bad bad!

usually, i'm not the strongest contender, because i'm not used to putting a time limit on our plays. but i'm getting the hang of it now.

chrza
    Literati/Scrabble player, age of 25, here. Not ashamed of it either.
    Last edited by chrza; 11-07-2005 at 12:09 AM.

Credits
    play both games and love 'em...Rory got me hooked on literati a while back

The JaMô
    OK OK glad to hear there are some young(ish... hehehe) folk out there who like to play scrabble!
    T-daughta I'm actually jealous of you cuz among my group of friends nobody seems to want to play scrabble with me anymore...cuz I usually win...
    I would really like to play scrabble with someone who could really give me a challenge AND maybe beat me too! I hate losing, so that would really stir me on to step up my game.

Credits
    I love board games on the whole...Scrabble is something I havelay online because I always win when I play with my friends ......but my favourite game of all is monopoly..All i need is the reds and railroads and I win the game...

The JaMô
    Quote Originally Posted by AXA_Princess
    I love board games on the whole...Scrabble is something I havelay online because I always win when I play with my friends ......but my favourite game of all is monopoly..All i need is the reds and railroads and I win the game...
    sounds like my strategy! I love buying Mayfair and de other one (I forgot the name) and put down bout 4 houses on each of them... one person land on that and dey bankrupt one time!

Credits
    I'm in my EARLY 20s and scrabble is de reason why I come online most of de time. I'm playing on another site right now. It doan make you old. YUh vocabulary broadens the more you play.

The JaMô
    Quote Originally Posted by LuvMyJaMaiCan
    I'm in my EARLY 20s and scrabble is de reason why I come online most of de time. I'm playing on another site right now. It doan make you old. YUh vocabulary broadens the more you play.
    Where do you play, on YAHOO games? or somewhere else?

Credits
    games.com, its free to register an everything. The only thing is ppl be cheating like ra$$hole in the night time.

The JaMô
    Quote Originally Posted by LuvMyJaMaiCan
    games.com, its free to register an everything. The only thing is ppl be cheating like ra$$hole in the night time.
    Same on yahoo...lol... there's some kinda download you can get that generates words based on the letters you have in your hand.... you can tell who cheating though... they usually play some strange ass words that even they dont know the meaning of... and when u question them about it they leave the room quickly.... one was actually bold enough to tell me he reads the dictionary.... yeh right, and he couldnt self tell me the meanings...

Credits
    sounds like my strategy! I love buying Mayfair and de other one (I forgot the name) and put down bout 4 houses on each of them... one person land on that and dey bankrupt one time!

Not sure but is it Park Lane?

Credits
    Same on yahoo...lol... there's some kinda download you can get that generates words based on the letters you have in your hand.... you can tell who cheating though... they usually play some strange ass words that even they dont know the meaning of... and when u question them about it they leave the room quickly.... one was actually bold enough to tell me he reads the dictionary.... yeh right, and he couldnt self tell me the meanings...
    They do that there 2. They feel stupid once you ask them a question they know they don't know the answer to...blasted cheaters

The JaMô
    Quote Originally Posted by denboy
    Not sure but is it Park Lane?
    Yes man Park lane it is! My brains getting old...lol... and I play this game almost everyday on my mobile!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast