Thread: LISTEN TO ME AND ONLY ME

Credits

LISTEN TO ME AND ONLY ME

DOWNTOWN IS ON. PLEASE DON'T LISTEN TO ALL THESE PEOPLE WHO SAY THAT THEY HAVE INFO. THEY DON'T. I AM TELLING YOU DOWNTOWN IS ON AND STRONGER THAN ANYTHING. WE ARE COMMITTED TO IT THE CITY OF MIAMI IS COMMITTED TO IT. I HAVE HOTEL ROOMS FOR $40 A DAY DOWNTOWN INCLUDING CAR. EVERYTHING IS DOWNTOWN. YOU DON'T SEE THE BANDLEADERS COMING HERE AND SAYING IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS OR DOUBTS CALL OPA-LOCKA. WE NOT BAD TALKING OPA-LOCKA BUT PEOPLE SEEM TO MAKE IT THERE BUSINESS TO STOP THE CULTURE. THE PEOPLE WOULD DECIDE. BUT IF IS ACTION YOU WANT BABY IS ACTION YOU WILL RECIEVE. IN THE MEAN TIME I WILL SPEAK ABOUT DOWNTOWN AND I AM THE RELIABLE SOURCE NOT TRINIBAJE WHO SAY THEY HAVE NOTHING TO DO WITH ANYTHING. PEOPLE NOT FOOLISH. WE SEE YOUR ASSOCIATION. I COMING WITH FACTS AND YOU COME WITH YOURS. I HAVE MY CRA MY MIAMI CITY OF POLIC MY FIRE DEPARTMENT MY CITY OF MIAMI THE SPECIAL EVENTS COORDINATOR THE COMMISIONERS THE WHOLE OF THE EASTERN SEABOARD. YOU ALL ON TALK I HAVE THE FACTS SO IS ACTION YOU WANT YOU MAKE ME LAUGH. IS PROPMOTION YOU WANT? YOU SETTING YOU SELF UP TO DESTROY ANY COMPETION AGAINST M.C.B.A. AND WORST ME. I TRIED BEING PASSIVE BUT WE NOT PLAYING SO. O.K.
    IF OPA-LOCKA HAVE FOUR BANDS THEY HAVE A LOT. WE HAVE 20. YOU WANT ME TO START WITH INFORMATION. ALLYUH TELL ME WHERE OPA-LOCKA IS. TELL ME WHAT GOING ON IN THE WORLD AND THEN TELL ME ABOUT CARNIVAL ON A MILITARY AIRPORT. I AM THE EXECUTIVE AND I SAY DOWNTOWN MIAMI IS ON NO TWO WAYS ABOUT IT. ANYONE WANT TO TELL YOU OTHERWISE TELL THEM BRING FACTS. ANYWAYS ABOUT THE HOTEL AND CAR SEND ME AN E-MAIL NOW AND I WILL GIVE YOU ALL THE CONTACT AND BY THE WAY IT'S THE SAME HOTEL WHERE GIRL POWER IS GOING TO BE. WE THOUGHT WE SHOULD DO OUR BEST TO WORK WITH OUR ASSOCIATES AND ENJANCE ANYTHING GOING ON DOWNTOWN. PEOPLE DON'T BE FOOLED. IT IS A BRIGHT STRATEGY BY THESE PEOPLE TO TRY TO DESTROY OUR CARNIVAL SO THAT EVERY ONE WOULD HAVE NO OTHER CHOICE BUT TO GO TO THAT IMPORTED CARNIVAL. PEOPLE RELY ON MY INFO BECAUSE WE ALL KNOW WHO HAS BEEN HERE WHO IS HERE AND WHO WILL BE HERE AFTER CARNIVAL. THAT'S ME NO TWO WAYS ABOUT IT. I FEEL FOR PEOPLE WHO GETTING FOOL BUT IT DON'T MATTER WHAT I SAY AND WHAT THEY SAY WHEN YOU ALL COME DOWN YOU WILL SEE WHAT I SEE AND NO WHY NO TWO WAYS ABOUT THE ONE CARNIVAL IS DOWNTOWN

Credits

RE: LISTEN TO ME AND ONLY ME

YAWNNNNNNNNN!

WHY ARE YOU YELLIN! Cool urself man! We have our own choices to make. Aren't you part of Tony Soul who ppl don't trust anymore? C'mon, you are trying to hard. Who ever wants to go downtown, they will go. Whoever wants to go to OPA-LOCKA, will go.

Question! Why are there press releases saying that downtown is cancelled. And to dis Trinbaje, ain't cool. He/She just reporting info.

Anyway "WE READY NOW"!

I tell you one thing. You really keep this board lively.

Credits

yes mr.executive you are right the carnival is still on downtown and its good that you have informed the people of that,but basically now its just up to the people to choose where to go.you and i personally know that the place to be is downtown,carnival is about mas and opa locka only has 4 bands if so much,and what time you think that parade going to end with 4 bands? oh ho downtown have all the mas bands and me and my people will definitely be there to support the mcba because they are the ones that have brought the carnival to miami.you are right about this also I AM NOT JUMPING UP IN NO MILITARY BASE OPA LOCKA AIRPORT!

Credits

Mr. Executive-

I take offense to you saying I don't know what I am talking about. I have no "association" I could give a ##### where people go to Carnival. I have a very good associate who is heading the MCBA... if you want to verify, link me with your email address and I would give you his name.

I was just passing on an email that was in my inbox when I logged on Yesterday. I thought this website was about the exchange of information and the free flow of debate and exchange. I guess not! Unlike you I have no monetary interest in Miami Carnival... I don't make my living promoting fetes... I as simply passing on the infomation that I recieved.

I hope downtown Carnival does take off. I hope Opa Locka is good too. I hope West Indians in Miami learn to work together so that we can gave one grand carnival.. and stop all the rhetoric...

Executive, I hope that you have a great time in Miami - I live here and I know I will... Like Stryka and islandmix posse who are with Chinamas group, my decision to play mas was made a long time ago and it just happens that the band I am with is playing in Opa Locka, a decision I was kind of disappointed with until September 11, 2001....

Credits

executive,

can you share more details about the $40 room including car? i just changed my mind- i going miami! please leave details so i can book these things today... thanks for the info..

Credits

Well Mr. Executive, I don't know why you acting so foolish. If your carnival downtown is still on than you go and stop worrying about were everybody else going. And as of you saying that you don't want to jump up in OPA-LOCKA becasue it is a military airport, you sure as hell was jumping up there last year. What happen to this year. Anyway, you like everyone else can come on here and post that this carnival is on and this carnival is off. Just let us the people decide. But I know one thing and that is i would not be suprised to see you jumping up in OPA-LOCKA next week sunday.

trinitat

just a question so doh even try to buff meh - ah have no personal or monetary gains to receive from this miami carnival!

i got a press release from the organizers of the downtown carnival saying that they were cancelling, can you explain why they would send that out? or let me know if it's even true because it said that most of the fetes would be cancelled too.

Dragon

i got the e-mail too

To all our members and friends:
    PRESS RELEASE

As Miami Carnival Bandleaders and community leaders, we feel the pain of our nation. Indeed, this vicious attack on the freedom of this country has resurrected our spirits to support our leaders and collaborate our efforts to reach out
    to those affected by this tragedy directly and indirectly.

It is because of this unfortunate situation that we, as cultural
    leaders,have unanimously decided to cancel our participation in the Miami Carnival 2001, scheduled to come off on October 7, at the Bicentennial Park, downtown Miami.

We feel that as leaders in this community, we must embrace this moment to stand behind our President and rally behind a united effort to confront this evil and, concurrently, mourn with those who have suffered extreme loss. We join America in praying for those who have perished in this disaster and offer our condolences to their families and loved ones.

We are making an urgent appeal for all of us to show our solidarity and sympathy. We are looking into the possibility of having a unity march, without the fanfare of costume or music along a portion of the original parade route on Saturday, October 6th. This plan is tentative until we receive the permission and blessings of the City of Miami. If/when all the fundamentals are put in place, we will begin the Unity March at
    3:00 PM, from N.E 15th street, along Biscayne Blvd. into the Omni
    Redevelopment District and ending at the Bicentennial Park and
    culminating with a church service at the Trinity Episcopal Cathedralon N.E 15th street.
    Let us, by this thoughtful gesture, show the world that, inspite of our
    fun-loving disposition, we know when "there is a time to mourn and a time to dance." Your participation will have a positive effect on the minds of many and a far-reaching implication of respect of who we are and where we are from.
    As cultural ambassadors, we have shared and promoted the Caribbean Carnival which in itself is the reservoir of a united people having fun through costume, music and dance. However, we want to make it abundantly clear, that we have decided to remove ourselves from the Columbus Day festivities only for the reasons we have enunciated.
    To that end, we want to thank all the carnival bands and their members for standing behind our decision; to our sponsors and investors for their confidence, support and commitment.

Miami Carnival 2002 will be a bigger and better festival because it
    would have experienced the healing and demonstration of a people united for the cause of a hurting nation.

Generation X stands by and supports the decision of the United Carnival
    Bandleaders listed below: (Forward to your friends)
    21st Century Steel Orchestra
    Best of Barbados
    Caribbean/USA United
    Dem Boys Dem
    Fun Generation
    Generation X
    Infamous Movement
    Mas'Karade
    Mascots
    Middle Essence
    Moe-Tont Productions
    Ruckshun
    sesame Flyers
    Showcase Int'l

Dragon your Islandmix Moderator

Credits

An just for clarification, please if we are talking the truth and attempting not to spread lies... OPA-LOCKA is not a military airport... Here is some info on Opa-locka airport....

Opa-locka Airport (OPF) is located only 10 minutes from Pro Player Stadium (home of the Miami Dolphins and the Florida Marlins), 35 minutes from Downtown Miami, 30 minutes from Miami Beach and only 20 minutes from Miami International Airport. Designated as a reliever to Miami International Airport, Opa-locka airport features no landing fees and quick and easy access. The airport offers full FBO service, a wide range of aircraft repair and maintenance services including airframe, powerplant and avionics repair, and US Custom Service on the airfield. Opa-locka's tenants provide a variety of specialty services, such as custom interior modifications and aircraft painting. The airport is also home to the busiest U.S. Coast Guard Air/Sea Rescue Station.

Credits

GOOD JOB DRAGON

WELL BOSS I WILL LIKE TO SAY THANK YOU FOR SETTING THE RECORD STRIGHT
    NOW PEOPLE SEE WHAT IS GOING ON FOR THEM SELF LET MAKE UP THERE OWN MIND ON WHAT THEY WANT TO DO WITH THERE TIME AND MONEY

NUFF LOVE AND RESPECT
    FYRE KAMIKAZE

Credits

RE: GOOD JOB DRAGON

i hear dat.

Credits

Well Dragon since you and I got the same email.... I guess we are in the same conspiracy... LOL...

Dragon

RE: New Pea to the InslandMix Pod

Credits

This email came out way b4 i reached Miami. This e-mail came from one person yae from MCBA who wanted to stop the Carnival but the Bandleaders voted again b4 I reached to keep it on. Trinibaje said that was new Miami Carnival info. New Carnival info. That is false that e-mail came out b4 I reached and it was not authorized by M.C.B.A. anyone could send a Press Release out and say anything. You should hear some that going around about the fetes. But I not concern. As you all can see we up 24 hours and when I could get a break I come and I speak to you all because allyuh is mi fam love or hate but anyways no one please take offense to the words I say and the caps are for emphasis not screaming at least for me. In short Bicentennial is on so we finish with dat.

18425 NW 2 Ave #335 Miami Gardens, Fl 33169
    Credits

(305)653-1877 Miami Rumor Control HOTLINE

Call if you have any Doubts or Questions.

Miami Carnival is still ON!! at OPA LOCKA AIRPORT

Oct 6 & 7

2 DAYS at One Venue