Thread: li'l rick thing going a lil too far now

BajanFete

li'l rick thing going a lil too far now

Ok, I truly find this article to be insane and unjust if this is to go on as planned (taken form the Nation)

Lock All 'em Out! - Thursday 15, August-2002
    by Yvette Best

HEAD of the Trinbago Unified Calypsonians’ Organisation (TUCO), Michael Protector Leggerton, has taken Denyse Plummer’s threat of keeping Li’l Rick out of Trinidad a step further.

He told the Trinidad Guardian yesterday the time had come for entertainers from Barbados and the rest of the Caribbean to be locked out.

His stance came after Plummer claimed she was verbally abused and insulted by Li’l Rick at last Friday’s Battle Of The Sexes show at Kensington Oval.

Protector felt the action should be enforced until Caribbean governments started to show respect for Trini performers.

He said TUCO would ask the government to make life as difficult for Bajan performers in Trinidad as it was for Trinis who performed in Barbados.

And he suggested the imposition of a tax similar to that imposed by Barbados on Trini artistes.

“These foreigners are given months of powerful promotion in this country for months each year. They have to come here to become popular internationally.

“We are not accommodated in like manner in their festivals. Their radio stations don’t promote our music. We are finally going to do something about this once and for all,” Protector said.

Public relations officer of the United Artistes of Barbados (UAB), Wendell Callendar, said the UAB objected to Protector’s comments since Trinidadians in particular had benefited from performing here.

“Major Trinidadian promoters have continued to do well in Barbados and a number of Trinidadian artistes are known to have their biggest pay-days thanks to the support of the Barbadian public . . . . For the artistic expression of Barbados Road March winner and Party Monarch Li’l Rick to be taken out of context is unfortunate. We are satisfied that Li’l Rick meant no disrespect to calypsonians Denyse Plummer and Sanelle Dempster,” he said.

Frank Martineau, of Spektakula Promotions, said Bajan artistes should not take the TUCO threat seriously since that small portion of people with strong views in both islands could not “derail” the relationships between Trinidad and Barbados which went beyond culture.

Martineau said he would spend the next 24 hours trying to get Plummer and Li’l Rick at a table to “patch things up”. He said Spektakula had been forging ties with the two islands for the past 16 years and would do its best to see it continue.

Li’l Rick has already been invited to perform in the Spektakula Calypso Tent for Carnival 2003.

Credits

RE: li'l rick thing going a lil too far now

I agree with you and i saw the video from battle of the sexes and he did nothing wrong. He did not shame her at all. He called on stage and she never came. He wasn't jukkin up towards her at all. But i realize that is how some people stay. If they keep him off the radios in Trinidad that is stupid. When Machel do it is aight right?

Credits

Hello there how Machel come in that.

Love conquers all.
    Diva ah proud trini.

It's ah&am p;am p;am p;am p;am p;am p;am p;am p;am p;am p;qu ot; G & amp; amp; amp; amp; amp; amp; a mp ;amp;amp ;quot; thing Chocolate's Avatar Chocolate is offline
    Credits

yeah MACHEL have nothing to do with this affair.

Credits

alyuh jokey yes. y everybody cyar get along. hiyayi....

de boston mafia

STICKMAN

You know how when people make great achievements or have high status in a particular field, they feel no one can touch them and are given certain allowances that generally are not allowed...
    Look at basketball, players like Jordan can foul all they want without being called, Shaq can take all the steps he want without being called for travelling...
    Well maybe Mrs. Plumber expected that same treatment. I don't think i have heard any of her songs, my parents are familliar with her though and from what i hear she is well respected in the calypso field.. Maybe she felt she could do all the talking she want but still recieve the utmost respect and reverense from her underlings, and the slightest back chat she get would be out of line.. From what i read Lil Rick did not attack her so harshly to warrant such a response... and to ban bajan artists from TNT for the actions of one, now that is rediculous

Credits

RE: People who have personalzed plates...

all skin teeth aint laugh

Credits

BajanFete yuh beat me to postin dis...from de day I read dis I had it 2 post and all write out an ting but den de comp freeze an ah had 2 restart but daz ok.
    My opinion on dat is.

Denyse Plummer really did misunderstand the meanin of Lil' Ricks performance and also it tend to be only her makin trouble about ah doh hear Sanelle name callin up in de newspapers gihin bad talk or negative comments about anyting dat went on. I also tink dis is because Sanelle know of de advertisin she did and other calypsonians did for that show.

I myself am a big fan of Denyse but when I read dis I was radda dissapointed that she decided to handle it in such a manner instead of she showin that she is the 'highly respected' calypsonian as she an many claim for her to be and go and talk wid de Hypa Dawg himself about his performance. She herself should know they way things go in a 'soca fete' and how the performers act in order to enhance the entertainment in their performance.

But NO!!! Instead Michael 'sissy protector' Leggerton come on de paper talkin bout 'lock Bajans outta Trinidad' dat man want lix.

He himself should be dismissed of his profession for wantin to handle the situation in such a manner. As a representitive of TUCO he should know the better way to handle all types of affairs instead of bein 1 way and not gettin de odda side of de story an clearin de whole ting in full. Daz a sheer idiot fuh yuh dey.

Also Lil' Rick to an extent is wrong on his part because he did not know whether Denyse was willin to participate in de performance (notice I didn't mention Sanelle cause yuh doh hear nuttin bout she).

Anyway dat is my say on all dis...hopefully nothin will come out of dis because what will happen 2 the soca world as Trinidad & Barbados bein the 2 main contributors to this scene. Hopefully dis ting will be dismissed with no hard feeling and let everyting be all good again.

BajeBwoy