Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree51Likes

Thread: Light Girls

Credits

Lightbulb Light Girls

Anybody watch????
    Our Queen went to sleep, her people left to weep....in song she lives on.

Long Live the Queen!

Credits
    Half white people crying about not being accepted as black?

No thanks.

Credits
    Lol sorry. I don't care to see the plight of the tragic mullattos and the redbone.

Credits
    it actually looks pretty good, ill check it out

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by TheEducator View Post
    Half white people crying about not being accepted as black?

No thanks.
    theyll never accept you, you know that right

Credits
    these are my struggles, my uptown struggles

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by sharkie View Post
    Lol sorry. I don't care to see the plight of the tragic mullattos and the redbone.
    That is derogatory I'm reporting you To Team SocaIQBelowZero.

Credits
    So i just finished watching Light Girls...not sure how i feel about it....some things that were said did resonate with me though...hearing the guys say that light skinned women were the trophy that they wanted, and implying that dark skinned girls are eager to please....some men even admitted that light skin women give them a hard time....

Its ironic that they know/feel that even though light skinned chicks give them a hard time, they put up with it because they feel they are trophy women....which kinda explains Love and Hip Hop and Basketball Wives, etc....men just love those crazy, delusional, neurotic light skinned women that will put them through hell, just so they can have a trophy.

I also felt that the light skinned women were somehow made to seem tragic, like the tragic mulatto syndrome all over again...where u can actually empathize with them because they are stuck between worlds. Whereas in Dark Girls, we are just victims. Victims worthy of pity only...its like light skinned women can get sympathy and empathy because they went all psychological and historical with it....they didnt do that in Dark Girls (not that i recall anyway,..gonna have to watch again)....but somehow dark girls only get pity....who knows, maybe i am saying that because I'm dark skinned...but thats how it came across to me.
    you ALL AGREE with my opinion, which is why NONE of you ever EFFECTIVELY DISPUTE IT

you ONLY have faith in the WOMEN'S ability to ELEVATE which is why you only FOCUS ON WOMEN...you ALL have long given up on Black men

you just don't have the BALLS to OVERTLY AGREE....rather just do it INDIRECTLY

weak men only can deal with weaker women

in the presence of strength you diminish...

Credits
    mz_JazE likes this.
    you ALL AGREE with my opinion, which is why NONE of you ever EFFECTIVELY DISPUTE IT

you ONLY have faith in the WOMEN'S ability to ELEVATE which is why you only FOCUS ON WOMEN...you ALL have long given up on Black men

you just don't have the BALLS to OVERTLY AGREE....rather just do it INDIRECTLY

weak men only can deal with weaker women

in the presence of strength you diminish...

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by NikkiGiovanni View Post
    So i just finished watching Light Girls...not sure how i feel about it....some things that were said did resonate with me though...hearing the guys say that light skinned women were the trophy that they wanted, and implying that dark skinned girls are eager to please....some men even admitted that light skin women give them a hard time....

Its ironic that they know/feel that even though light skinned chicks give them a hard time, they put up with it because they feel they are trophy women....which kinda explains Love and Hip Hop and Basketball Wives, etc....men just love those crazy, delusional, neurotic light skinned women that will put them through hell, just so they can have a trophy.

I also felt that the light skinned women were somehow made to seem tragic, like the tragic mulatto syndrome all over again...where u can actually empathize with them because they are stuck between worlds. Whereas in Dark Girls, we are just victims. Victims worthy of pity only...its like light skinned women can get sympathy and empathy because they went all psychological and historical with it....they didnt do that in Dark Girls (not that i recall anyway,..gonna have to watch again)....but somehow dark girls only get pity....who knows, maybe i am saying that because I'm dark skinned...but thats how it came across to me.
    What stuck out for me was all the backlash on social media. It bothered me that people were quick to dismiss their pain and experiences. How can you dismiss being chased home and or beaten up practically every day because someone perceives you as "thinking you're cute", when you haven't even opened your mouth. Or being put on pedestals by family members...which results in creating discourse and strife between siblings. Or constantly having to prove how "down" you are. Made me think of the film "Imitation of Life". First time I saw it, I hated Mary Jane. The second time around, I felt sorry for her. Being admired and fawned over by blacks, but not truly accepted. Yet passing as white, but holding your breath at every turn that nobody finds out you're black...like the guy did in the film.

In a nutshell, I don't think we should get into a pain pissing contest. IMO, we should acknowledge each other and go from there.

DISCLAIMER - I'm not dark, nor am I light skinned.
    mz_JazE likes this.

Long Live the Queen!

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. Campbell View Post
    What stuck out for me was all the backlash on social media. It bothered me that people were quick to dismiss their pain and experiences. How can you dismiss being chased home and or beaten up practically every day because someone perceives you as "thinking you're cute", when you haven't even opened your mouth. Or being put on pedestals by family members...which results in creating discourse and strife between siblings. Or constantly having to prove how "down" you are. Made me think of the film "Imitation of Life". First time I saw it, I hated Mary Jane. The second time around, I felt sorry for her. Being admired and fawned over by blacks, but not truly accepted. Yet passing as white, but holding your breath at every turn that nobody finds out you're black...like the guy did in the film.

In a nutshell, I don't think we should get into a pain pissing contest. IMO, we should acknowledge each other and go from there.

DISCLAIMER - I'm not dark, nor am I light skinned.
    Wow!... I love u sooooo much! U never watched dark girls, had even less interest in light girls..but I may watch them both to c the hype
    BELLY FULL BUT DEM STARVIN'

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by LIONESS onda RISE View Post
    Wow!... I love u sooooo much! U never watched dark girls, had even less interest in light girls..but I may watch them both to c the hype
    Love you back!

Yes I watched dark girls.

Long Live the Queen!

Credits
    Love you back!

Yes I watched dark girls.
    I'm sorry.. Meant to say I've never seen dark girls and had even less interest in light girls...

There's 4 of us girls...sisters ...ranging from the lightest of lights..to the darkest of darks. Our parents never prepared us for the bullshit of the outside world with respect to "color" and issues of common minded folk in respect to same. I never had interest to watch the programs because I guess my parents' philosophy stuck..nothing to talk about!!! It's all black!

Although I know It isssssss all black, our experiences growing up.. Dealing with "other" peoples issues caused each of our experiences to be very different..

Talking about this in 2015 is very sad..but based on what I've seen from my own two daughters..we will be talking about this until 2115..that's even sadder
    BELLY FULL BUT DEM STARVIN'

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by LIONESS onda RISE View Post
    I'm sorry.. Meant to say I've never seen dark girls and had even less interest in light girls...

There's 4 of us girls...sisters ...ranging from the lightest of lights..to the darkest of darks. Our parents never prepared us for the bullshit of the outside world with respect to "color" and issues of common minded folk in respect to same. I never had interest to watch the programs because I guess my parents' philosophy stuck..nothing to talk about!!! It's all black!

Although I know It isssssss all black, our experiences growing up.. Dealing with "other" peoples issues caused each of our experiences to be very different..

Talking about this in 2015 is very sad..but based on what I've seen from my own two daughters..we will be talking about this until 2115..that's even sadder

I think the biggest misconception is people assume light skin people are living on easy street. Remember hearing about how light skin dudes had to prove them selves all through school, because the assumption was "He light skin, he ain't gone do sh!t".

If we could just admit all this mess is INSANE.
    mz_JazE likes this.

Credits
    True, it is common belief that people who appears "better" face less hurdles than the rest. Often time people forget that they suffer too on different issues.

I think the biggest misconception is people assume light skin people are living on easy street. Remember hearing about how light skin dudes had to prove them selves all through school, because the assumption was "He light skin, he ain't gone do sh!t".

If we could just admit all this mess is INSANE.
    LIONESS onda RISE likes this.
    Chen ki jap pa mde!

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast