Thread: Lie and say it is his child so you can get money

To know me is to love me tropicalbeauty's Avatar tropicalbeauty is offline
    Credits

Lie and say it is his child so you can get money

State officials in Maine are after a man who owes $11,450 in child supprt for a child that is NOT HIS. Geoffrey Fisher still has to pay for the time from the child's birth until paternity test proved Fisher wasn't the father, authorities said, contending he failed to file a court motion three years ago to relieve him financial responsibilities for the child. Fisher said he's flabbergasted he has to pay even though DNA test prove he isn't the dad.

Should he have to pay?

Pimptress
    no he shouldnt if the child is not his then he should not have to pay

TC
    Credits
    No, he shouldn´t have to pay, as a matter of fact the mother should be paying him!

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by tropicalbeauty
    Geoffrey Fisher still has to pay for the time from the child's birth until paternity test proved Fisher wasn't the father, authorities said, contending he failed to file a court motion three years ago to relieve him financial responsibilities for the child.
    that's messed up. what if it took him that long to find out the woman cheated on him or to get whatever info he needed to know that he may not be the father?

To know me is to love me tropicalbeauty's Avatar tropicalbeauty is offline
    Credits
    I don't think that he should pay. If it is that she knew that it wasn't his child from when the child was born and she did not say then the money that was paid out to the child up until the man found out that the child was not his should be returned.

Credits
    If the mother knowingly lied about whose child it was then I don't think the man should have to pay. But I've seen how people raise a child for a while & the kid calls him dad. So even though you aren't blood related, you've been a father. Why desert him after a bond was made? Not fair financially, but if the kid called u dad for 12 yrs(not sure in this case), is it his fault his mom lied?

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Rummacita
    If the mother knowingly lied about whose child it was then I don't think the man should have to pay. But I've seen how people raise a child for a while & the kid calls him dad. So even though you aren't blood related, you've been a father. Why desert him after a bond was made? Not fair financially, but if the kid called u dad for 12 yrs(not sure in this case), is it his fault his mom lied?
    if they saying he owes child suppport, that don't sound like a situation where he was much in the child's life. and the time is passed already, it's not a situation where he asking for money to be returned to him. They're telling him to give up money *now* for the child/mother to use *in the future*, a child that at this point he shouldn't be forced to have any responsibility for, financial or otherwise.

Credits
    State officials in Maine are after a man who owes $11,450 in child supprt for a child that is NOT HIS. Geoffrey Fisher still has to pay for the time from the child's birth until paternity test proved Fisher wasn't the father, authorities said, contending he failed to file a court motion three years ago to relieve him financial responsibilities for the child. Fisher said he's flabbergasted he has to pay even though DNA test prove he isn't the dad.

Should he have to pay?
    it depends on the situation.. if he supported the child under the premise of believing it was his.. well that is fraud.. but if she can prove he knew it was not his... well sorry bubba you gotta pay

Satisfaction Facilitator Terryfabulous's Avatar Terryfabulous is offline
    Credits

Should he have to pay?
    very simple hell no...wtf wrong with these people now a these days see why we men have to watch out for you women...

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Mystic Xtremist
    if they saying he owes child suppport, that don't sound like a situation where he was much in the child's life. and the time is passed already, it's not a situation where he asking for money to be returned to him. They're telling him to give up money *now* for the child/mother to use *in the future*, a child that at this point he shouldn't be forced to have any responsibility for, financial or otherwise.
    OK...So it wasn't where the child was 12 when the guy find out his woman horn him & then he all of a sudden leave. Gotcha. Well I guess that sucks for him.

Credits
    nope.she should pay him

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Terryfabulous
    very simple hell no...wtf wrong with these people now a these days see why we men have to watch out for you women...
    or you could watch wear you stick it and use protection.
    Just a thought.