Thread: Libation

Credits

Libation

I was not certain where to post this however; last night I had the privilege to attend a lecture by Dr. Kimani Nehusi of the University of East London on the Significance of Libation.
    Dr. Kimani explored its origins, evolution, significance, how it can benefit us today etc. During that lecture I found that I was severely lacking in knowledge about my history, who I am and how my ancestors have influenced me. I thought all that I had studied before covered a lot but was showed to only scratch the surface. I am encouraging all who have a love for history and who believe that it is essential to our growth as a people to know where we come to pick up some of his books and DVDs. Today I will be fortunate enough to get some DVDs and other material.

I have known Dr. Kimani for many years due to close family relations and often engaged him in conversation whenever he was home but never was I afforded the opportunity to sit and listen to him; it was truly remarkable.

In addition to Dr. Kimani here are a few other Guyanese authors and scholars who I think we should read:
    -Austin Clarke
    -Roy Heathe
    -George GM James
    -Clinton Carew
    -Ivan Van Sertima
    -Walter Rodney
    -Basil Davidson
    -Edgar Mittleholzer ....

"We believed we were nothing. so we became nothing"
    One step at a time

Credits
    I posted this in the books forum but no response so it here now.....

If anyone has information or links to texts on Ancient Egypt specifically Kemmet (sp) please feel free to provide or point me in the right direction.
    One step at a time

Credits
    Suh nobady aint know bout the libation ting den?
    joie de vivre

carpe diem

I can tell you a story bout my dyck but
    it would be way too long

Credits
    they must not have seen the thread yet but I got the DVDs but they in PAL format so I have to convert them over the weekend to NTSC..... easy bones though.....
    One step at a time

Hadha min fadhle Rabbi Juancito Trucupey's Avatar Juancito Trucupey is offline
    Credits
    flex yuh gine mek ppl head buss! but lemme leave dis thread...it serious and very informative and im doin nuff readin on my own right now....word overload!
    Beija-flor minha escola,Minha vida, meu amor

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Juancito Trucupey View Post
    flex yuh gine mek ppl head buss! but lemme leave dis thread...it serious and very informative and im doin nuff readin on my own right now....word overload!
    ...wha yu talkin bout ...how i gun mek ppl head buss....lolol.....

well is nah you want turn lawyer... yuh betta read... cah when i hire yuh ...yuh betta be de best rhatid....
    One step at a time

Credits
    it friday and you come talkin bout readin! you kno these ppl on weekend mode from wednesday! i will probably take the time out to read this summer perhaps...i am veryyyyyyyy close not to taking summer skool i need break!

Credits
    nah i posted the thread before but in the books forum and no one went in so Craigy suggested i put it here so I did ....but no bite since....

neways as long as i get some info no worries....
    One step at a time

Credits
    steupsssssss i came and read it...i srsly gonna read at least two of them by the end of summer

Credits
    steupsssssss i came and read it...i srsly gonna read at least two of them by the end of summer
    yea boi i wanna get in some reading too before i hit de books again... Dr. Nehusi is a boss brethern and so are the others I listed....

reading these men would add alot to your whole understanding of the Caribbean... our culture... our lives etc....

I hear Black Mother by Davidson is one of the best to read......
    One step at a time

Credits
    well imma go head over to amazon and see if it have the book for near free

Credits
    ok so i think im going to order Black Mother: The Years of the African Slave Trade next week it looks like a good read i love reading about the slave trade and stuff and life of a slave back then...not that i want/wanted to be a slave or wateva but it is just interesting to see the mindset of the ppl back then...

Credits
    ok so i think im going to order Black Mother: The Years of the African Slave Trade next week it looks like a good read i love reading about the slave trade and stuff and life of a slave back then...not that i want/wanted to be a slave or wateva but it is just interesting to see the mindset of the ppl back then...
    yea books like that always give you a glimpse into what people were like then and how they adapted and learned to survive. Haven't read it yet but hope to soon....
    One step at a time

Credits
    yea amazon has it for 8 bucks w00t w00t!!! i also like the race relations where the author is unbiased and really gives it too us like it is

Credits
    kool kool...will check them out later
    One step at a time