Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree26Likes

Thread: Letting A Man Be A Man

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by OverLord Strum View Post
    O yes you can. For men & women to be in successful relationships, there has to be some sort of sacrifice in letting your mate be comfortable in who they are, as opposed to trying to make them be something else.

What I am speaking of is more general and gender based....some of the things that may be described of course won't apply to ALL men.

If I would've made this about black people, this thread would be 5 pages by now, and people would be cussing & carrying on.
    i get what ur saying, i always say, treat a man like a man and he will step up to the plate and claim his role...

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Poca! View Post
    Lol, I hear you!

However, people with conviction don't wait for back up nor need support to state their mind...
    Speak for yourself. This does not apply to OverLord Strum.
    Strum has a Grizzly Bear Rug in his living room.

It's not dead however...It's just SCARED TO MOVE.

Credits
    I would not knowingly date someone who wont allow me to be myself. I don't care how they choose to label me afterwards.

Credits
    ^^thats what a lot of women say^^ but then, what if no one wants to date u

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Triniminx View Post
    ^^thats what a lot of women say^^ but then, what if no one wants to date u
    I never had that problem. If someone cannot find one to date they may just need to change their enviroment or social circle.

But in regards to this topic. Women who have the mindset of not letting a man be a man are really miserable inside and I hope they never find true happiness because they are the same ones who would cry and argue if a man tries to change them
    ladyrastafari likes this.

Credits
    see, i have friends like that, they can't find a man, so they consider moving...iono son... u cant find ONE potential in a whole city of people...

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Triniminx View Post
    see, i have friends like that, they can't find a man, so they consider moving...iono son... u cant find ONE potential in a whole city of people...
    Let me guess your friends are either one or more of the below;

1) Strong independent black woman who does not need a man

2) I got to have a man who makes more money than me, because he is the man

3) I dont approach men, they have to approach me (however I belive in equality and I'm against double standards)

4) I need an educated man, regardless how he treats me, he still has to have a college degree.

If your friend fits any of the above descriptions then she needs to change and not her city of residence
    Triniminx and Catracha305 like this.

Credits
    lol O M G...spot on ...

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by OverLord Strum View Post
    Fellas shall we clarify what this means for the ladies?

As a preface...this goes BOTH WAYS. Men should also let women be women. Imo...this is becoming harder and harder as the roles of women have drastically changed in the last 30 years.

I'll post what it means to me in a few.

Now ladies this does not apply to degenerate, worthless, pimping, irresponsible males.

And for you race crackheads, this applies to ALL colors. (watch some people get stumped over that *smfhygbfsm*)
    I don't know if you will succeed in your quest my brother but hey I'll just share my thoughts on what a real man should be.

1. Real Men DO NOT get overly emotional or throw tantrums (for instance its okay to cry, it just got to be that dead man stare with the one tear coming down the cheek. One is not allowed to argue with a woman(mute)
    2. Real Men are independent... PERIOD
    3. Real Men are decisive and direct.
    4. Real Men do Real Men shit, like play cards or active sports or put things together without the manual, change a flat tire etc.
    dollbabi, Catracha305 and mz_JazE like this.
    If there wasn't any bad parents then there wouldn't be any good strip clubs... Think about it!!!

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by TOLOMB View Post
    I don't know if you will succeed in your quest my brother but hey I'll just share my thoughts on what a real man should be.

1. Real Men DO NOT get overly emotional or throw tantrums (for instance its okay to cry, it just got to be that dead man stare with the one tear coming down the cheek. One is not allowed to argue with a woman(mute)
    4. Real Men do Real Men shit, like play cards or active sports or put things together without the manual, change a flat tire etc.
    LMAO
    Triniminx likes this.

Credits

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by TOLOMB View Post

4. Real Men do Real Men shit, like play cards or active sports or put things together without the manual, change a flat tire etc
    WOW

but if NIKKIGIOVANNI says those things....IT'S A PROBLEM....lol

omg...i cannot understand how NOT ONE MALE is disputing that....

especially #2....mofos was arguing people to the death that real CARIBBEAN men live with their parents until well into 30s and 40s...and independence too early is a yankee thing....

and #3....can't say how many times i emphasized ALPHA MALE qualities....yooooooo....there is a whole generation of dudes, that have no clue how to be DECISIVE OR DIRECT.....can't be clear or make a FIRM DECISION without seeking validation...and EVERYTHING they say is either vague or just implied and left to inference

#4...i call any man that cyaan do certain things WUTLESS....dem feel just true dem educated and mek money fi PAY a next man fi do certain things, it's alright....NO IT'S NOT ALRIGHT....man fi know fi do certain things.....PERIOD

and #1...maaaaaaannnnnnnnn i can write a BOOK on that shit

nuff dudes DO NOT fall into the REAL MAN category...and dem in SERIOUS denial about it....and oddly enough all these characteristics have everything to do with them internally and them alone....and it's those same non real men that will try to convince women that they are not real women if they don't do certain things, but all the criteria they use against women have to do with what women can/cannot do for men....as opposed to it just being internal or innate characteristics
    Triniminx likes this.
    you ALL AGREE with my opinion, which is why NONE of you ever EFFECTIVELY DISPUTE IT

you ONLY have faith in the WOMEN'S ability to ELEVATE which is why you only FOCUS ON WOMEN...you ALL have long given up on Black men

you just don't have the BALLS to OVERTLY AGREE....rather just do it INDIRECTLY

weak men only can deal with weaker women

in the presence of strength you diminish...

Credits

Smile

:

Nikki cool out!! I think he was joking
    BELLY FULL BUT DEM STARVIN'

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by NikkiGiovanni View Post
    WOW

but if NIKKIGIOVANNI says those things....IT'S A PROBLEM....lol

omg...i cannot understand how NOT ONE MALE is disputing that....

especially #2....mofos was arguing people to the death that real CARIBBEAN men live with their parents until well into 30s and 40s...and independence too early is a yankee thing....

Living with your parents or having your parents live with you is a heritage thing that shouldn't be confused with being independent. Relying on your parents when your past 21 is a totally different thing in its own.

and #3....can't say how many times i emphasized ALPHA MALE qualities....yooooooo....there is a whole generation of dudes, that have no clue how to be DECISIVE OR DIRECT.....can't be clear or make a FIRM DECISION without seeking validation...and EVERYTHING they say is either vague or just implied and left to inference

#4...i call any man that cyaan do certain things WUTLESS....dem feel just true dem educated and mek money fi PAY a next man fi do certain things, it's alright....NO IT'S NOT ALRIGHT....man fi know fi do certain things.....PERIOD

and #1...maaaaaaannnnnnnnn i can write a BOOK on that shit

nuff dudes DO NOT fall into the REAL MAN category...and dem in SERIOUS denial about it....and oddly enough all these characteristics have everything to do with them internally and them alone....and it's those same non real men that will try to convince women that they are not real women if they don't do certain things, but all the criteria they use against women have to do with what women can/cannot do for men....as opposed to it just being internal or innate characteristics
    So help out flyboy and add real women qualities nah... I still like yuh even though yuh does want some licks every now, then and then after...
    If there wasn't any bad parents then there wouldn't be any good strip clubs... Think about it!!!

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by BABYLOC View Post
    :

Nikki cool out!! I think he was joking

ummmm no he isn't
    you ALL AGREE with my opinion, which is why NONE of you ever EFFECTIVELY DISPUTE IT

you ONLY have faith in the WOMEN'S ability to ELEVATE which is why you only FOCUS ON WOMEN...you ALL have long given up on Black men

you just don't have the BALLS to OVERTLY AGREE....rather just do it INDIRECTLY

weak men only can deal with weaker women

in the presence of strength you diminish...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast