Thread: Let's get it straight!!!

Credits

Let's get it straight!!!

[font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON Sep-20-01 AT 05:09 PM (EST)[/font][p]We need to all get the correct scope of things so as to not cause any more confusion where the Miami Carnival issue is concern.
    I live in Miami and my sister is a member of the Bandleaders Assoc. At no point in time did they cancel the Carnival schedule for Bicentennial Park (downtown). Although there was careful debate and adverse discussion about this the decision was made to carry-on with the carnival as planned, since the majority of the caribbean islands would be represented downtown.
    I must say for the past few weeks this website has done a great job in promoting both carnivals, however of a lates quite a few people have become very vocal and seem to be spreading tales that are far from the truth, in conjunction with the carnival downtown.
    However the bandleaders PRO found it totally unnecessary to reply to these tales that has been spreading here on thiswebsite since they thought, that it was a designated site for Trinidadians and the Trinidadians were being represented at Opa Locka.
    For the 1% within the site which might still be interested (YES) Miami Carnival downtown is still on, it has been conveyed that if the case was that of a cancellation they would not have hesitated in making a press release and posting this on all websites....
    So nuh matter way yuh party make sure yuh hab one gran time!!!!!!

For more information, kindly contact us at 305-278-3887 or 1-800-845-1808.
    Also, we can be reached via e-mail at miamicarnivalbandleaders@yahoo.com.
    Or via www.miamicaribbeancarnival.com.

Credits

RE: Let's get it straight!!!

are all of the thirty something bands still parading for downtown carnival?

Credits

I only know of one that has recently moved to Opa Locka but all others are still very supportive and are getting ready for this wonderful extravaganza of caribbean culture.
    However they're bit concerned about those bands whom have members coming from caribbean islands since flights are at a minimum within the caribbean and will continue to be this way for quite awhile.
    Even though the bands will still be participating the number of participants might drop just a little due to as mentioned before flight problems and also some people making changes since they're kinda scared of flying especially into American territory..

Credits

......lets get this straight,aslong as them fetes still on we go be there!!!!!!! as far as the carnival itself they could have 10 thousand carnival..because i feel people not really coming down miami for the carnival parade , but more the fete and the environment!!!!!!!!!

Allyuh agree or not!

18425 NW 2 Ave #335 Miami Gardens, Fl 33169
    Credits

(305)653-1877 Miami Carnival Rumor Control HOTLINE

OPA LOCKA AIRPORT Oct 6 & 7 is ON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Call the HOTLINE if you have any doubts or questions

Credits

RE: (305)653-1877 Miami Carnival Rumor Control HOTLINE

Cocorite, I completely agree with yuh. I won't be there this year:-( but everyone that I know is not talking about the parade...They are talking about Convention Center, Mad House, Ramada, etc. Personally, I normally skip the parade and stay on the beach.

Credits

...exactly them only hurting themselves because we could go straight from the Ramada- Mad house on friday...what else but convention center on Saturday...pretend like sunday don't exist and go right into last lap on monday......nice!!

SSS
    Credits

That the truth it just reminds me if the caribbean and it my mini vacation for school, work and just new york.

Credits

RE: Right now I am in Miami

Credits

cocorite dont forget about that las' lap party on Sunday at the Seville on south Beach. I ressin' up for that one.