the twitter comments are hilarious!

http://colorlines.com/archives/2013/...ns_racism.html
    ~Urbane~ likes this.
    ~ If you make the mountain any bigger you wont be able to move it later

Taj
    Credits
    dont know much about her besides she cooks an loves butter

ps page cant be found
    “A sharp knife never proclaims it’s sharpness to the world…but the first to fall against it becomes it’s advocate.”

You can put any face behind a mask but be careful cos someone else might be pretending. You might not be the only one with a secret -- Cassie/Gretel

Credits
    over crumb cake
    Never waste your time trying to explain who you are to people who are committed to misunderstanding you.

Velvet Glove. Iron Fist

mi style still sharp .....u a A-Minor and dem a B-Flat

LB
    Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Taj View Post

ps page cant be found
    my typo. sorry

try again

Credits
    wicked smart lol!

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Taj View Post
    and got hit in the face with a ham....
    Living like Peggy, plotting like Joan

Taj
    Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Naughtyshawtie View Post
    and got hit in the face with a ham....
    o yea that gif... its coming back to me
    “A sharp knife never proclaims it’s sharpness to the world…but the first to fall against it becomes it’s advocate.”

You can put any face behind a mask but be careful cos someone else might be pretending. You might not be the only one with a secret -- Cassie/Gretel

LB
    Credits
    Here is the story that set off the twitter comments:
    ------------------------------------

Paula Deen is no stranger to controversy, but new allegations of racism leveled against the Southern chef may shock even those who have followed her troubles most closely.

The National Enquirer claims to have acquired a video of a deposition in which Deen admits to using the N-word and making racist and anti-semitic jokes. She also allegedly describes her interest in hiring black waiters dressed to look like "slaves" at a wedding.

The deposition, which was reportedly held on May 17, took place as part of a court case brought forth by former Paula Deen Enterprises employee Lisa Jackson against Deen and her brother, Earl “Bubba” Hiers. Jackson alleges several instances of sexual and racial workplace discrimination.

Neither the video of the deposition or The National Enquirer's story are available on the web, but Radar Online posted some of the story's most disturbing highlights:

[W]hen asked if she wanted black men to play the role of slaves at a wedding she explained she got the idea from a restaurant her husband and her had dined at saying, “The whole entire waiter staff was middle-aged black men, and they had on beautiful white jackets with a black bow tie.
    “I mean, it was really impressive. That restaurant represented a certain era in America…after the Civil War, during the Civil War, before the Civil War…It was not only black men, it was black women…I would say they were slaves.”

While The National Enquirer has a checkered history when it comes to printing the truth, it's worth noting that the tabloid was first to break the story that Deen suffered from type II diabetes, and its early reporting on the John Edwards affair turned the story into a national scandal.

A representative for Deen strongly refutes The National Enquirer's allegations, telling Entertainment Tonight that, “Contrary to media reports, Ms. Deen does not condone or find the use of racial epithets acceptable. She is looking forward to her day in court.”

We'll be following this story closely to see if these allegations pan out. If they do, we imagine Paula Deen will have some explaining to do.

UPDATE 6/19, 3:40 P.M.: The Huffington Post has obtained a transcript of the deposition in question. The quotes below are pulled directly from it.

On using the N-word:

Lawyer: Have you ever used the N-word yourself?
    Deen: Yes, of course.
    Lawyer: Okay. In what context?
    Deen: Well, it was probably when a black man burst into the bank that I was working at and put a gun to my head.

Lawyer: Okay. And what did you say?
    Deen: Well, I don't remember, but the gun was dancing all around my temple ... I didn't -- I didn't feel real favorable towards him.

Lawyer: Okay. Well, did you use the N-word to him as he pointed a gun in your head at your face?
    Deen: Absolutely not.

Lawyer: Well, then, when did you use it?
    Deen: Probably in telling my husband.

Lawyer: Okay. Have you used it since then?
    Deen: I'm sure I have, but it's been a very long time.

Lawyer: Can you remember the context in which you have used the N-word?
    Deen: No.

Lawyer: Has it occurred with sufficient frequency that you cannot recall all of the various context in which you've used it?
    Deen: No, no.

Lawyer: Well, then tell me the other context in which you've used the N-word?
    Deen: I don't know, maybe in repeating something that was said to me.

Lawyer: Like a joke?
    Deen: No, probably a conversation between blacks. I don't -- I don't know. But that's just not a word that we use as time has gone on. Things have changed since the '60s in the south. And my children and my brother object to that word being used in any cruel or mean behavior. As well as I do.

On her brother's behavior:

Lawyer: Are you aware of Mr. Hiers admitting that he engaged in racially and sexually inappropriate behavior in the workplace?

Deen: I guess

Lawyer: Okay. Well, have you done anything about what you heard him admit to doing?
    Deen: My brother and I have had conversations. My brother is not a bad person. Do humans behave inappropriately? At times, yes. I don't know one person that has not. My brother is a good man. Have we told jokes? Have we said things that we should not have said, that -- yes, we all have. We all have done that, every one of us.

On telling jokes that target African Americans, Jews, gays and other groups:

Lawyer: What about jokes, if somebody is telling a joke that's got --
    Deen: It's just what they are, they're jokes.
    Lawyer: Okay. Would you consider those to be using the N word in a mean way?

Deen: That's -- that's kind of hard. Most -- most jokes are about Jewish people, rednecks, black folks. Most jokes target -- I don't know. I didn't make up the jokes, I don't know. I can't -- I don't know.

Lawyer: Okay.
    Deen: They usually target, though a group. Gays or straights, black, redneck, you know, I just don't know. I can't, myself, determine what offends another person.

On planning a Southern plantation-style wedding:

Lawyer: Do you recall using the words “really southern plantation wedding”? Deen: Yes, I did say I would love for Bubba to experience a very southern style wedding, and we did that. We did that.
    Lawyer: Okay. You would love for him to experience a southern style plantation wedding?
    Deen: Yes.

Lawyer: That’s what you said?
    Deen: Well, something like that, yes. And -–

Laywer: Okay. And is that when you went on to describe the experience you had at the restaurant in question?
    Deen: Well, I don’t know. We were probably talking about the food or –- we would have been talking about something to do with service at the wedding, and –-

Lawyer: Is there any possibility, in your mind, that you slipped and used the word “n----r”?
    Deen: No, because that’s not what these men were. They were professional black men doing a fabulous job.

Lawyer: Why did that make it a -– if you would have had servers like that, why would that have made it a really southern plantation wedding?

Deen: Well, it –- to me, of course I’m old but I ain’t that old, I didn’t live back in those days but I’ve seen the pictures, and the pictures that I’ve seen, that restaurant represented a certain era in America.

Deen: And I was in the south when I went to this restaurant. It was located in the south.

Lawyer: Okay. What era in America are you referring to?
    Deen: Well, I don’t know. After the Civil War, during the Civil War, before tthe Civil War.

Lawyer: Right. Back in an era where there were middle-aged black men waiting on white people.
    Deen: Well, it was not only black men, it was black women.

Lawyer: Sure. And before the Civil War –- before the Civil War, those black men and women who were waiting on white people were slaves, right?
    Deen: Yes, I would say that they were slaves.

Deen: But I did not mean anything derogatory by saying that I loved their look and their professionalism.

for the rest: Paula Deen Racist Comments, Use Of N-Word Allegedly Caught On Video [UPDATED]

Credits
    lauren ashley smith
    @msLAS
    Nigs in a blanket. #paulasbestdishes
    A DAY AGOREPLYRETWEETFAVORITE

Teju Cole
    @tejucole
    Rosa Pork, with a side order of Okra Winfrey. #PaulasBestDishes

JodieO
    @JodieO
    MASSA-RONI AND CHEESE!! I'm sorry, that wins the internet. eater.com/archives/2013/… #PaulasBestDishes

Samantha O. Griffin
    @sammieolivia
    Nothing like a woman pushing diabetes & racism to bring us together on Juneteenth! This #PaulasBestDishes hashtag is everything.

FanSince09
    @FanSince09
    Brownies v. The Board of Education #PaulasBestDishes

Angelo Martinez
    @angelomartinez
    #PaulasBestDishes Ku Klux Klams
    11 HOURS AGOREPLYRETWEETFAVORITE

Angelo Martinez
    @angelomartinez
    #PaulasBestDishes Wade in the watermelon

Joe Murray
    @BigfootStudent
    Some-Of-My-Best-Friends-Are-Black-Eyed-Peas @politikal_junki #PaulasBestDishes

jay smooth
    @jsmooth995
    Lettuce from a Birmingham Jail #PaulasBestDishes

Ashley Slye Stephens
    @Ashley_Stephens
    Swing Low Sweet Cherry Pie, Sweetened with (separate but) Equal #paulasbestdishes
    19 HOURS AGOREPLYRETWEETFAVORITE

Alex B.
    @alex745
    #PaulasBestDishes > Coon beef and cabbage!

EAP
    @EAP_Follower
    Once You Go Blackberry Pie You Never Go Baby Back Ribs #PaulasBestDishes @Paula_Deen @FoodNetwork

Angelo Martinez
    @angelomartinez
    #PaulasBestDishes For colored girls who considered tofu when chicken was enough.

Brandon R.
    @_Bran_don
    DJango DJelloshots? Emmitt Tillapia? Malcolm Xtra Hot Wings. I can't... #paulasbestdishes

Ms. Missy
    @JOY_NtheMorning
    Back Of The Bus Biscuits still has me pretty weak lol #paulasbestdishes
    20 HOURS AGOREPLYRETWEETFAVORITE
    flatlined________________________*DEAD*
    And keep your money, I got my own
    Keep a bigger smile on my face, being alone
    Bad motherfcuker, God complex
    Motivate your ass call me Malcolm X

LB
    Credits
    Some of those twitter comments are mad funny

Anyway, seems like the beginning of the end for Paula. I never could stand her fake southern charm schtick on the Foor Network, so I wont cry to see her go.

---------------

The Food Network has dropped Paula Deen from its lineup, according to Talking Points Memo reporter Hunter Walker.

Several other news outlets including the Associated Press have since confirmed the news.

Here's the statement from a spokesman: "Food Network will not renew Paula Deen's contract when it expires at the end of this month."

Deen has been under fire this week for apparently making racist comments. She's being sued by the former manager of her Georgia restaurant, Uncle Bubba's Seafood and Oyster House, and a lawsuit deposition came out earlier this week that included some incriminating quotes from Deen.

She released two videos this afternoon on YouTube apologizing for her mistakes and for canceling a planned Today show appearance this morning.

This isn't the first scandal Deen has faced. She was heavily criticized when people found out that she had type 2 diabetes and had been hiding it from her fans and bosses at the Food Network. She didn't come clean until she signed a seven-figure endorsement deal with drug company Novo Nordisk.

Deen is best known for her very calorie-heavy, Southern dishes.

She also works with the QVC network, and it's unclear whether they still plan to continue their relationship with her.

Read more: Food Network Drops Paula Deen - Business Insider
    ladyrastafari likes this.

Credits
    Top 10 #PaulaDeenTVShows
    1) Enslaved by the Bell
    2) How I Sold Your Mother
    3) Projects Run away
    4) Battlestar Gobacktoafrica
    5) So You Think You Can Vote
    6) America's Next Top Cotton Picker
    7) Parks and Segregation
    8) Hangin Mr. Cooper
    9) Master Rogers Neighborhood
    10) You-aint-supposed-to-be-Reading Rainbow.
    MJ7 and mz_JazE like this.

Credits
    Now on the flip side this controversy has made her more popular. More people are seeking out her name online and talking about her in private and public

They say bad publicity can be good publicity

Credits
    Emmett Tilapia

Lettuce from a birmingham jail
    Never waste your time trying to explain who you are to people who are committed to misunderstanding you.

Velvet Glove. Iron Fist

mi style still sharp .....u a A-Minor and dem a B-Flat

Credits
    Is anyone surprised? She is an old white Southerner....

Credits
    I read couple days ago that the food network FB page was bombarded by angry Paula Deen supporters, many of them probably never even watched her show.
    Man ah Barbeerian bound tuh be by de bar beer in meh hand beastly cold.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast