Thread: Lawd international thieves nearly take all meh money

To know me is to love me tropicalbeauty's Avatar tropicalbeauty is offline
    Credits

Lawd international thieves nearly take all meh money

I am watching CNN and they saying how some workers in india (who are customer service reps employed by US banks) {outsourcing} have been stealing money from the bank's customers. They have been taking the confidential banking information of customers (american customers) and used the information to go into their accounts and steal de people money.

Now this got my attention cuz one day i was home and got a call on my cell. A man (who from the accent i assumed to be of indian decent) called and told me that he had very important documents for me regarding money i was to get from the gov't. (government giving away money.. HA) He said before he could give me the money he had to get my account number so that he could take out money for the shipping and handling fee. I said NO. This man insisted that i give my account info. I mean only thing he did not do was beg. He kept saying oh how if i don't want the government money. I said No. He said why not. I said i don't need money. He said well everyone need money in America.

So we going back and forth with this conversation (now i know i should have hung up long time, but anyway) So he got his "manager"(another indian man) he say oh if i here the noise in the back a kind of humming noise. I said yea. He say well that is government recording, making sure that I am being protected. Well i kept saying NO NO NO NO NO that i did not want the money and i hung up. These dudes kept calling and calling and calling until the eventually gave up.

I was foolish to even stay on the phone that long but i really wanted to see where they were headed.
    Last edited by tropicalbeauty; 04-08-2005 at 05:24 PM.

Credits
    If you belong to HSBC you better double check your records thats where their customer service center is.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by tropicalbeauty
    I am watching CNN and they saying how some workers in india (who are customer service reps employed by US banks) {outsourcing} have been stealing money from the bank's customers. They have been taking the confidential banking information of customers (american customers) and used the information to go into their accounts and steal de people money.

Now this got my attention cuz one day i was home and got a call on my cell. A man (who from the accent i assumed to be of indian decent) called and told me that he had very important documents for me regarding money i was to get from the gov't. (government giving away money.. HA) He said before he could give me the money he had to get my account number so that he could take out money for the shipping and handling fee. I said NO. This man insisted that i give my account info. I mean only thing he did not do was beg. He kept saying oh how if i don't want the government money. I said No. He said why not. I said i don't need money. He said well everyone need money in America.

So we going back and forth with this conversation (now i know i should have hung up long time, but anyway) So he got his "manager"(another indian man) he say oh if i here the noise in the back a kind of humming noise. I said yea. He say well that is government recording, making sure that I am being protected. Well i kept saying NO NO NO NO NO that i did not want the money and i hung up. These dudes kept calling and calling and calling until the eventually gave up.

I was foolish to even stay on the phone that long but i really wanted to see where they were headed.
    Hell i get those all the time before they even start I does tell them I eh have no bank account............cause meh money under meh pillow................

but honestly you have to be very careful about these ppl.