Thread: Largest Powerball Jackpot Winner

Credits

Largest Powerball Jackpot Winner

Louise White, right, 81 from Newport, R.I., is presented a check for $336 million by Gerald Aubin, left, director of the state's lottery, and Gov. Lincoln Chafee, center, at Rhode Island Lottery headquarters in Cranston, R.I., Tuesday, March 6, 2012.

White won last month's $336.4 million Powerball jackpot, sleeping with the winning ticket in her Bible until coming forward to claim the sixth-largest U.S. prize on Tuesday.

"It was unbelievable," White said in a statement released Tuesday by her attorneys. "None of us can believe it yet. We're excited, very blessed and will determine in the coming months how we'll spend the money but we know we'll always have rainbow sherbet."

White said she wrote down the numbers when they were read on television after the drawing, but missed a few so she waited 10 minutes to hear them again. She didn't check her ticket immediately.

When she did, each of the numbers was the same. "Is anybody awake I want you to come look at something," she yelled.
    Not believing she was the winner, she said, she checked the numbers online. Still the same.

"We still didn't believe it, so we turned off the computer and turned it back on and went back to the website and my numbers were still there," White said in the statement. "We hugged each other and jumped up and down screaming!! ... We hid the ticket in the Bible and went for breakfast on Sunday since we couldn't do anything with it."

The Newport Daily News reported that White lives with her son, LeRoy White, a local musician, and his wife, Deborah, a surgical nurse at Newport Hospital, on the seaside city's south side. LeRoy White is listed as a member of the Rhode Island State Council on the Arts.

Louise White will take a lump sum payment of $210 million, the highest ever for Powerball, officials said. The jackpot was the third largest in Powerball history and the largest ever won in Rhode Island, officials said.
    Those Who Sacrifice Freedom for Security Deserve Neither
    www.cookingwithval.com
    http://www.snackhealthy.com/snackwithval
    @cookingwithval
    @NicaBlack

Credits
    at 81 she gonna dead soon. pressure.. her son is goign to be richhh
    Never waste your time trying to explain who you are to people who are committed to misunderstanding you.

Velvet Glove. Iron Fist

mi style still sharp .....u a A-Minor and dem a B-Flat

Credits
    Good for her, i'm just glad is not some ole, rich white dude. She can enjoy the rest of her days by traveling and seeing the world before she passes, but who knows, she might outlive plenty people lol.
    "What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us."

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by ladyrastafari View Post
    at 81 she gonna dead soon. pressure.. her son is goign to be richhh
    One of the 1st DC lotto winners was my neighbor she was the same age as this lady so she had her daughter cash in the ticket and set up the money in a trust
    for her grandsons....well one of the sons died so her remaining grandchild gets his brothers portion as well...plus she left him her house which he sold for nice hunk of change...him and his family will live very nice for the next couple of years
    And keep your money, I got my own
    Keep a bigger smile on my face, being alone
    Bad motherfcuker, God complex
    Motivate your ass call me Malcolm X

Credits
    Only ole people does ever win the lottery.....never somebody young in their 20s and in the prime of their lives.
    "I will forewarn you......fear ye him when thou hast died hath power to cast into hell" - Charles Lawson

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by DerMonger View Post
    Only ole people does ever win the lottery.....never somebody young in their 20s and in the prime of their lives.
    God knows wh it does happen so. Someone in their 20s would do nuff toots with most if not all the money.
    "What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us."

LB
    Credits
    older ppl tend to play the lottery more consistently than younger ones, hence upping their chances.

with that being said, one of my g/f's won 500K last yr - but she as well played every week religiously since her 20's
    ~ If you make the mountain any bigger you wont be able to move it later

Credits
    I wonder how much family going to start calling her that she never hear about in her life.