Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ladies..would you be offended?

Credits

Ladies..would you be offended?

Say you have your man, been together for years, have house together and all that..no kids but your kids look at him as step dad but allyuh not married.

Would you get offended if a friend referred to you as so and so's g/f?
    "Those who are able to see beyond the shadows and lies of their culture will never be understood, let alone believed, by the masses." -Plato

"god is the deification of a culture."
    -Dr Yosef ben-Jochannan

Credits

I think i understand what you are asking but u may have to reword just for clarity.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by BacchanalDiva View Post
    Say you have your man, been together for years, have house together and all that..no kids but your kids look at him as step dad but allyuh not married.

Why should a female in that position get offended? That's what she is. If marriage and titles are important to a female she has to set the grounds from that beginning. Just because you're playing house doesn't mean you're his wife, If "a proper marriage" or titles don't define the relationship then it shouldn't matter if she gets called a wife, girlfriend, wifey etc.

Credits

um... wunna ain marrid... wha de hell else yuh gine be described as?

Credits
    No i wont...we r not married, so we r still gf and bf
    Made In Vincy
    ~As humans we are equal but when it comes to standards and morals and ethics, they set us apart~
    Adidja me love yo, cake soap and all..."all of ah sudden me fall in love wid u"

Taj
    Credits

it depends on what i define myself as to others.

If I call myself his wife he don't mind and I use the title wife to others and she still want to call me his girlfriend then yes I guess I would be offended.

If I'm the type to care about titles and say well we technically not married so I can't be called wife by him or others then is no scene.

To me is all about what the person prefer being referred to and if the "friend" is adamant about ignoring your preference.

Eg. I've had friends whose parents have been in common-law marriages for years oldest child is 30+ the only reason I realized they were unmarried is when they finally decided to be officially married recently. No one introduced their hardback 60+ mother of 4 kids as a "girlfriend" so to me she ah wife.
    Last edited by Taj; 05-14-2009 at 04:08 PM.
    “A sharp knife never proclaims it’s sharpness to the world…but the first to fall against it becomes it’s advocate.”

You can put any face behind a mask but be careful cos someone else might be pretending. You might not be the only one with a secret -- Cassie/Gretel

Credits
    why would she be offended...dem aint married.....
    One step at a time

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by vincyempress View Post
    No i wont...we r not married, so we r still gf and bf
    Agreed
    Sometimes being a Bitc* is the only thing a woman has to hold onto

Credits
    Ok so here what happen for clarity...

Last Sunday, mothers day, hubby cook dinner and invite his best friend and g/f. My mom and my uncle were there and they met hubby best friend more than once before...so I say "oh mum, uncle...this is P's g/f".

Well I get a call today from another friend (who wasnt' there) who tell me that the g/f call her and how she so hurt and offended and tell me maybe I should give her a call.

I doh see why....maybe is cause I PMsing and not feeling very sensitive today but I doh see what I did wrong.
    "Those who are able to see beyond the shadows and lies of their culture will never be understood, let alone believed, by the masses." -Plato

-Dr Yosef ben-Jochannan

Credits

Last Sunday, mothers day, hubby cook dinner and invite his best friend and g/f. My mom and my uncle were there and they met hubby best friend more than once before...so I say "oh mum, uncle...this is P's g/f".

Well I get a call today from another friend (who wasnt' there) who tell me that the g/f call her and how she so hurt and offended and tell me maybe I should give her a call.

I doh see why....maybe is cause I PMsing and not feeling very sensitive today but I doh see what I did wrong.
    I don't see the problem either. Guess deep down inside she don't like the arrangement she living.
    Our Queen went to sleep, her people left to weep....in song she lives on.

Long Live the Queen!

Credits
    Well i have heard her refer to herself as his wife but I also know he not divorced from his ex wife and *itch that she is she still holds that title.

-Dr Yosef ben-Jochannan

Credits

ammm.... in dis situation i nah tink you do anything wrong.. u introduced her as you know her title to be...if it had changed the onus was either on her or "P" to notify of such a change....
    in anycase i tink her "hurt" is somehow due to him not informing his frens of her being his wife and not necessarily what u said
    One step at a time

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by chinky eyes View Post
    I don't see the problem either. Guess deep down inside she don't like the arrangement she living.
    Well I know she wants to be married but he feels like marriage messes up a good thing..he been there already twice. At the same time I don't really mind calling her his wife..just didn't think of it at the time and not understanding why I owe an explanation or apology.

Just wanted to make sure my view is logical and its not just my hormones So that seals it, I ent calling nobody to explain nor apologize for anything.

-Dr Yosef ben-Jochannan

Taj
    Credits

Well i have heard her refer to herself as his wife but I also know he not divorced from his ex wife and *itch that she is she still holds that title.
    complicated

what does he call her???

I could have let wife slide if he considers her that and calls her that to others but man have wife (soon to be ex) and gf dais musical chairs unless one get up d odda cyar siddong she hadda rock so wid d wife title unfortunately fuh she.

PS why you calling her to have a discussion/convo she an d man need to be having cos if it were clear there would be no mistake.
    I say don't bother to call her ...
    “A sharp knife never proclaims it’s sharpness to the world…but the first to fall against it becomes it’s advocate.”

You can put any face behind a mask but be careful cos someone else might be pretending. You might not be the only one with a secret -- Cassie/Gretel

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Taj View Post
    complicated

what does he call her???

I could have let wife slide if he considers her that and calls her that to others but man have wife (soon to be ex) and gf dais musical chairs unless one get up d odda cyar siddong she hadda rock so wid d wife title unfortunately fuh she.

PS why you calling her to have a discussion/convo she an d man need to be having cos if it were clear there would be no mistake.
    I say don't bother to call her ...
    He usually calls her his "woman", never heard him say wife but not g/f either. Maybe she would have been more comfy w/ woman I dunno but the other friend was just telling me that she been arguing w/ him because she feel a way that not only are all their friends "his friends" (meaning knew him before she came along and she doesn't feel part of) but they're all married couples. Sound to me like she have issues and I not playing psych today..maybe tomorrow

-Dr Yosef ben-Jochannan

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast