Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ladies....would you ever be...

LSK
    Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by nytrini
    when asking someone to be a surrogate mother it has nothing to do with what the chile will come out looking like...who has to explain that so someone..in any event a surrogate mom is one who holds the baby for u....not saying that that is not a big deal...but i would look at it more like someone that puts the life of their child in ur hands...someone that trusts u just that much...someone who feels u worthy of that task...maybe i'm looking at it from the other side and it would be hard to give a child up like that...but look at the miracle...yes, the actual miracle that u would give the other woman/family...it takes alot for someone to be a surrogate mother...not all have what it takes...but the women that do bless others with these gifts are angels in my eyes

You didn't read my earlier post:

Quote Originally Posted by LSK
    A friend of mine who's having problems getting pregnant asked me to donate some of my eggs to her and her husband to use for In Vitro Fertilization . I having problems even thinking about doing that....much less for being a surrogate. I don't think I could have a child out there and not have that child know me as "mommy".

My friend wants me to donate my eggs not be a surrogate, so it will be a very big deal if she doesn't want to tell the child about it and the child comes out looking like me or my family... as I said: I'm very mixed and both she and her husband are not. Plus, the child will still technically be part me, and I don't know if I'm ready to deal with that since I don't already have any children of my own.

Credits

My friend wants me to donate my eggs not be a surrogate, so it will be a very big deal if she doesn't want to tell the child about it and the child comes out looking like me or my family... as I said: I'm very mixed and both she and her husband are not. Plus, the child will still technically be part me, and I don't know if I'm ready to deal with that since I don't already have any children of my own.

why am i eating a Egg sandwich while reading this Post.
    Girly boy why do you get such a kick out of dissing women? - Namey Namey

You don't act proper, you just act angry. You act like a angry racist white new york cop.-Namey Namey

Everyone knows MÉCHANT LOUP is a jackass, but a pedophile? - Namey Namey

MÉCHANT LOUP like women? The only thing MÉCHANT LOUP like more than hearing that a blackman was gunned down by cops, is a hairy man ass. - Namey Namey

MÉCHANT LOUP a battyman. - Namey Namey

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by King_Castle_Rockz

LSK
    Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by King_Castle_Rockz

Yuck!

Credits
    i would not participate in such act, its hard enough to go through a pregnancy with your own child, why would i (personally)go thru all of that for sombody else's. what ever is in my oven is mine, i dont bake bread for nobody.

Credits

I read ur post....and still...for someone that is unable to have children of their own...why would they care what the child looks like??...they will just be happy that they have a miracle of their own..like i said...surrogate mothers/or donating eggs is not for everyone...some ppl dont have a detach feature and thats understandable..but ur friend choose u for a reason...have u asked her why she choose to ask u to be part of such a wonderful experience in her life?

Credits

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Pebbles362436
    Nope I could not do it. I've been asked several times however.
    Really? WOW! People must think highly of you to have been asked so many times.

LSK
    Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by nytrini
    I read ur post....and still...for someone that is unable to have children of their own...why would they care what the child looks like??...they will just be happy that they have a miracle of their own..like i said...surrogate mothers/or donating eggs is not for everyone...some ppl dont have a detach feature and thats understandable..but ur friend choose u for a reason...have u asked her why she choose to ask u to be part of such a wonderful experience in her life?

Actually we've talked about it a lot. She's an only child (of parents who were only children). She has no sisters or cousins she can ask so she decided to ask me as we’ve been friends for over 15 years. I totally understand that. It’s just not that easy a decision for me. ...But I would care what the baby looks like… Mostly because I don't know if I am ready to see a child that is half mine who looks very much like me running around and not be able to tell him/her or the world that this is my child. And then what if she decideds to tell the child...It becomes too complicated. Maybe if I already had children or if I didn't ever want any.... maybe then I would feel differently. But for now, although I do empathize I can't put myself through such a long and arduous procedure then just walk away and become a spectator. Not everyone may feel this way, but it’s certainly how I feel.

Pebbles362436
    Quote Originally Posted by herbaltees
    Really? WOW! People must think highly of you to have been asked so many times.
    One was a family member and two were very close friends. But I also do a lot of advocacy work for children and I volunteer so I come in contact with familes who really want to have children and start a family. I did give it some serious consideration prior to having kids because I really wanted to try and help them out however once I had my own children its a horse of a different color.

amprincess
    I agree w/ nytrini - women who agree to go thru that are angels. my cousin cannot have any children & my sister (who has 4) actually volunteered to be a surrogate for her because she loves our cousin & believes she deserves to have a child. my cousin declined the offer & has recently adopted a baby instead.

Credits
    Sure...I don't want any of my own, but I think I could do it. Medical expenses and such are typically paid for, & I don't have to worry about having to take care of one in the end.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by amprincess
    I agree w/ nytrini - women who agree to go thru that are angels. my cousin cannot have any children & my sister (who has 4) actually volunteered to be a surrogate for her because she loves our cousin & believes she deserves to have a child. my cousin declined the offer & has recently adopted a baby instead.
    Adoption is a good option that more people need to look at as an option.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12