Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ladies....would you ever be...

Credits

Ladies....would you ever be...

..a surrogate mother??? I watching a Baby Story on TLC and this couple couldn't have a baby so they chose a surrogate...after 9 months of all of that and still have to give this baby up....it would be hard. What allyuh think??

Credits
    after what i just went through, i could never go give a baby up that i birthed

Pebbles362436
    Quote Originally Posted by CaribGyrl
    ..a surrogate mother??? I watching a Baby Story on TLC and this couple couldn't have a baby so they chose a surrogate...after 9 months of all of that and still have to give this baby up....it would be hard. What allyuh think??
    Nope I could not do it. I've been asked several times however.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by bkhoney
    after what i just went through, i could never go give a baby up that i birthed
    sorry BK...i know this is touchy.....but i was just curious what people thought....

Credits
    nope couldn't do it, I would want to keep the child for mehself...

Credits
    dey say never say never but dat ah could never do nah dat chile is flesh of my flesh.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by truethiCktrini
    dey say never say never but dat ah could never do nah dat chile is flesh of my flesh.
    But if I'm not mistaken, the surrogate mom didn't provide her own egg.....it was the couple's egg and sperm...it was just that the wife couldn't carry the baby due to a medical condition.....

LSK
    Credits
    A friend of mine who's having problems getting pregnant asked me to donate some of my eggs to her and her husband to use for In Vitro Fertilization . I having problems even thinking about doing that....much less for being a surrogate. I don't think I could have a child out there and not have that child know me as "mommy".

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by LSK
    A friend of mine who's having problems getting pregnant asked me to donate some of my eggs to her and her husband to use for In Vitro Fertilization . I having problems even thinking about doing that....much less for being a surrogate. I don't think I could have a child out there and not have that child know me as "mommy".

and can u imagine visiting that chile at age 5 or 6 and she/he looks just like you....oh god I would die!!

Credits
    But if I'm not mistaken, the surrogate mom didn't provide her own egg.....it was the couple's egg and sperm...it was just that the wife couldn't carry the baby due to a medical condition.....

thats what i thought too..de surrogate mom in most cases is an oven for the bread to be baked in
    Some men move mountains
    Some women move men who move mountains
    Most women with mountains move some men
    But I...I am a woman who is moved by men who can get through the valley

Queen GodIs

Credits
    okay, to answer your question in simple terms.....NO

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Taina
    okay, to answer your question in simple terms.....NO

I agree!!

Credits
    you know what still flesh of my flesh dat chile growing inside of me for nine months I do not think that I could separate wid that chile after

LSK
    Credits
    and can u imagine visiting that chile at age 5 or 6 and she/he looks just like you....oh god I would die!!

Exactly. ...And I look nothing like my friend - I real mix up: my mother is Chinese and Indian for goodness sakes. Both she and her husband are straight black, so how she going to explain it if de chile come out more like my mom's family. I've tried and tried to tell her that I don't think I could do it, but she just keeps on asking me. It's really tough. It's not even like I already have any kids of my own... what if after I donate my eggs I can't have no kids later???

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by LSK
    Exactly. ...And I look nothing like my friend - I real mix up: my mother is Chinese and Indian for goodness sakes. Both she and her husband are straight black, so how she going to explain it if de chile come out more like my mom's family. I've tried and tried to tell her that I don't think I could do it, but she just keeps on asking me. It's really tough. It's not even like I already have any kids of my own... what if after I donate my eggs I can't have no kids later???
    when asking someone to be a surrogate mother it has nothing to do with what the chile will come out looking like...who has to explain that so someone..in any event a surrogate mom is one who holds the baby for u....not saying that that is not a big deal...but i would look at it more like someone that puts the life of their child in ur hands...someone that trusts u just that much...someone who feels u worthy of that task...maybe i'm looking at it from the other side and it would be hard to give a child up like that...but look at the miracle...yes, the actual miracle that u would give the other woman/family...it takes alot for someone to be a surrogate mother...not all have what it takes...but the women that do bless others with these gifts are angels in my eyes

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast