Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ladies question...

I can only be me.... MadamStatuesque's Avatar MadamStatuesque is offline
    Credits

Ladies: a little scenario

Raise your child with a man you DO NOT LOVE or put that baby up for adoption to get a chance to be raised by parents that love each other, as well as her/him?

Now keep in mind, the father is AGAINST giving up their child and is willing to be there to take care of that child in all ways possible.
    Last edited by MadamStatuesque; 06-13-2010 at 01:08 PM.
    Not a single ounce of fock shall be given today...

nikkigiovanni
    what happen to the other choices...abortion or single parenthood?

if those are your only two options, you just trading in one trauma for another...i can't even say the lesser of two evils because they are practically the same

when you put a child up for adoption, you are starting the child off at a disadvantage because the adoptive parent would have to perpetuate a LIE for YEARS....just in order to try to give the child a semblance of a true family...and that in itself is just as bad as growing up in a not so loving household...because then you have to deal with the moment when they find out that they are adopted....and they will...and all the emotions/trauma that will follow the child/adult for years to come

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by aDreamDeferred View Post
    what happen to the other choices...abortion or single parenthood?

if those are your only two options, you just trading in one trauma for another...i can't even say the lesser of two evils because they are practically the same

when you put a child up for adoption, you are starting the child off at a disadvantage because the adoptive parent would have to perpetuate a LIE for YEARS....just in order to try to give the child a semblance of a true family...and that in itself is just as bad as growing up in a not so loving household...because then you have to deal with the moment when they find out that they are adopted....and they will...and all the emotions/trauma that will follow the child/adult for years to come
    nope. those are the only options. it's based on an episode of true life im watching right now. this chick is disgusting. treating this baby like i dunno wha. smh. she was in a lesbian relationship for 4 years. her and the girl split up for a few months and she met a guy. she got pregnant by him and now she wants to give up the baby simply because she doesnt love the guy. she's back with her gf now. she says she hopes the baby is a boy because it will be easier to give him up but if it's a girl, it will be hard. the father is AGAINST it wholeheartedly but she doesnt care. smfh

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by GroovyLittleThing View Post
    nope. those are the only options. it's based on an episode of true life im watching right now. this chick is disgusting. treating this baby like i dunno wha. smh. she was in a lesbian relationship for 4 years. her and the girl split up for a few months and she met a guy. she got pregnant by him and now she wants to give up the baby simply because she doesnt love the guy. she's back with her gf now. she says she hopes the baby is a boy because it will be easier to give him up but if it's a girl, it will be hard. the father is AGAINST it wholeheartedly but she doesnt care. smfh
    Father not willing to take the baby?

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Bacchus View Post
    Father not willing to take the baby?
    yes. the father is laid off temporarily and is on unemployment, govt assistance and lives home with his mom and has a 6 y/o. he still wants to care for the child more than the mother, who can fully provide for the child, is willing to.

LB
    Credits
    yes. the father is laid off temporarily and is on unemployment, govt assistance and lives home with his mom and has a 6 y/o. he still wants to care for the child more than the mother, who can fully provide for the child, is willing to.
    if the man, regardless of his financial circumstance, wants to raise the child, I cant even fathom why she wants to give the child up for adoption. dat nuh make sense?
    ~ If you make the mountain any bigger you wont be able to move it later

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Ladybug View Post
    if the man, regardless of his financial circumstance, wants to raise the child, I cant even fathom why she wants to give the child up for adoption. dat nuh make sense?
    same thing i said. now the mother changed her mind 24 hrs after meeting the prospective adopting couple. took all of that, including hurting the feelings of others, that she was making a stupid and selfish mistake.

LB
    Credits
    same thing i said. now the mother changed her mind 24 hrs after meeting the prospective adopting couple. took all of that, including hurting the feelings of others, that she was making a stupid and selfish mistake.
    u know reading this honestly made my blood boil. I cant even answer any of this. Women like her I want to literally kill when I hear pure fukery like this........people this selfish need to come off the face of the planet.

Credits
    now she says it's hard to just flip a switch to parenting from adoption. she basically left the baby girl with the father and rode out. only saw the child 3 times in 3 months. she's saying that she isn't ready to be a mom and had a chance to give the child something great (adoption) instead she screwed it up (by giving the child to father). Lawd.

Credits
    hmm she did the best thing by giving the child to the father.. once the other parent is willing to do what you arent willing to do.. then thats the option you should take rather than giving your baby to a stranger like you were giving away a too-small dress!!
    Never waste your time trying to explain who you are to people who are committed to misunderstanding you.

Velvet Glove. Iron Fist

mi style still sharp .....u a A-Minor and dem a B-Flat

Credits
    I caught the end of that episode - terrible. Glad the father ended up taking his daughter. That's all I'll say...uggghhhh.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by ladyrastafari View Post
    hmm she did the best thing by giving the child to the father.. once the other parent is willing to do what you arent willing to do.. then thats the option you should take rather than giving your baby to a stranger like you were giving away a too-small dress!!
    give? more like abandon. she just "couldnt handle" it. in either scenario, she didnt want to at least attempt to be a mother (she had no reason not to imo).
    Quote Originally Posted by dollbabi View Post
    I caught the end of that episode - terrible. Glad the father ended up taking his daughter. That's all I'll say...uggghhhh.
    ent? doesnt it make u wonder y the women who truly deserve to be mothers cant and then we have ppl like this woman who are too selfish to consider another life but her own and giving up her baby like it's nothing. smh

Credits
    give? more like abandon. she just "couldnt handle" it. in either scenario, she didnt want to at least attempt to be a mother (she had no reason not to imo).

ent? doesnt it make u wonder y the women who truly deserve to be mothers cant and then we have ppl like this woman who are too selfish to consider another life but her own and giving up her baby like it's nothing. smh.
    I asked my big sister that yesterday.

LB
    Credits
    ent? doesnt it make u wonder y the women who truly deserve to be mothers cant and then we have ppl like this woman who are too selfish to consider another life but her own and giving up her baby like it's nothing. smh
    this is what burns my soul

Credits
    More proof that some people really shouldn't have kids or be parents..

There's nothing wrong with single fathers...there are more single fathers than people think and it never gets mentioned

Two parent households are ideal...but a single parent can in some cases do MUCH better than two parents who can't parent together properly. If the father can parent...let the father parent. It's like some people don't think fathers can raise children right on their own
    I'm at peace with myself....you can have the bitterness.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast