Thread: Labor Day...

Credits

Labor Day...

I find was not as jumping up as it has been several years before. Also, there seemed to be a lot more people this year than other years. I found myself very aggravated and frustrated about being there. To my surprise not even Bunji's truck was jumpin. Then again, this is all my opinion.

Let me know your comments.

Gio__A Strange Fella

RE: Labor Day...

Only option is to play mas. I'm one who likes to run behind the big truck but those blasted ROPES, POLICE BARRICADES, & PEOPLE WHO THERE JUST TO TAKE UP SPACE AND NOTHING ELSE make the parkway a frustrating experience.

I Mean Why the police need to block off large spaces at every block that otherwise would provide ample room for people to walk?
    I Can Understand the Ropes is to protect the masqueraders and keep order for judgement, neverless I cant help but be vex that I was unable to jump with Neither Traffik, Surface, Nor Xtatik Because understandably Everybody & Dey mommy want to play mas with the big guns leaving the chippers to Moan & Groan. O Well, Wha Yuh Go Do???

...concrete jungle where dreams are made of...
    Credits

That is one of the reasons why I play mas. Other reasons: I love to play mas and I love Xtatik.

The barricades are getting ridiculous. I feel like they are boxing us in. After my band crossed the stage I went to get some food and check out the other bands before I go home. BUT I was stuck in a crowd for at least 20 minutes and was almost pushed into a stroller. I was surprised I still had on my costume when I went through. I was too frustrated to stick around. I wonder is this really crowd control?

I heard on WLIB this morning that there were alot of complaints about politicians holding up the parade. I know the politicians need to get support being that the primary is around the corner. but what do allyuh think? Is the carnival having too much political involvement? Should the politicians come out earlier or what?
    "Create the highest, grandest vision possible for your life, because you become what you believe." - Oprah Winfrey

"If you keep believing in yourself and seek enthusiasm inside your soul, things will get simpler, more spontaneous." ~Paulo Coelho

"I find your lack of faith disturbing" - Darth Vader

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit
    the floor each morning the devil says:
    "Oh Crap, She's up!"

I think that the carnival needs improvement. I am not saying that I did not have a good time or did not get on bad. However the "parade" as the polititians put it has grown alot over the past 30 years but has the parade grown? I think that it needs to grow. I think that we should bring these concerns to Mr. Carlos Legamanza ( I know ah mash he las name sorry). I am not going to complain about what we cant control ie (peoples behavior Some Americans and the police but rather offer resonible suggestions to Showcase we ting in the brightest light.) The following are my suggestions: Let me know what allyuh think....

1) De jump up should be on Sunday. No work on Mon. This will give us more time....

2) A venue needs to be established in Prospect Park to house the stage, vendors and spectators. This will free up de road. The massive who come out to spectate and see the mas will be able to the bands as they pass the stage in de park. All de vendors will be in there so everything is centralized. With no vendors and less spectators the people who pay $$$ to play mas will have more room and I beleive that is only fair to them. For those who follow de truck there will be more room on the road.
    With less people on the road the bands should pass down the route quicker and give a opportunity for all bands to cross the stage. It is only fair that with all the preparation it takes to organize a band that u get chance to finish.

3. Push those barricades to the service road.

Post your suggestions too.. It is the responsibility of de massive to promote we culture . Not just come an get a wine an go home playin JZ...... Let me hear what allyuh think.....

hot like bird peppers.....

Credits

[font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON Sep-04-01 AT 11:10 AM (EST)[/font][p]Hey Gio, welcome back !!!

Well this weekend was great for me. I was going since Thursday night. Brass was real fun! Rooftop was a blast, until they cut the show when meh grandfather Shadow was getting ready to give us some "horn". Went to a lime on Sunday with the fam which was sweet, and then went off to GBSS. ON the road, we jump with Xtatik, Moses (where I saw sweet Bunji and saw Mr. Fyre with the video camera and of course Dragon). Then we saw we truck...Hawks!!! Back to Basics truck was real fun. I vex Brownskintrini and Ilandfnsty was on the truck. They should have been getting on stink with we on the road.

I have no voice now and meh throat hurting meh!!!

But the highlight of my weekend was meeting Stryka. Finally I met the man who has brought these new friendships and relationships to me. Thank You very much!

And big ups to the crew: BrownskinTrini, Ilandfnsty, Visuallynice, Saggatriniboy, Dragon, Stryka, Topclass, SSS, Calipso, MontREALady, Blackie, Powder Posse, Jumbies, Small man, Ratty, Gio, Winababy, Sando, and The Executive, and too anyone else I forget, sorry!

Thats all for now.

Peace and Love
    socababy

Credits

But yes the the parade itself needs improvement...

Credits

hedonism

Credits

I too believe that the parade does need improvement but with out the politicians, there is very little that can be done without them. for example look at how the name of eastern pkway was renamed to carlos lezama caribbean pkway....without his political ties which allows him to put on the parade which we enjoy every year if the parade were to go on it would be worse than it is right now and the new name would have only been a dream. but I do agree that improvement needs to occur because I am one of those that spend my money to mas and my band always crosses( love to those that played with sesame flyer especially inthe soca junkies section...the green section)btu what about the bands that do not cross what is the point then for the mas players spending their money if the judges never sees their costumes?...something needs to be done but I don't think that it ca be done without the help of politicians who I agree with shandy that they do need to cross the stage earlier if they are going to go out on the parkway because they do slow up the process of the parade

SEXY G.T. QUEEN