Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Khayne West dropped by PEPSI

where is the greatest CARNIVAL?..well then yuh find meh!
    Credits

Exclamation Khayne West dropped by PEPSI

did anyone else get this email?

how true is it?

Please forward - Enough is enough
    Unlike our parents and their parents, we tend NOT to stand for anythingwhich results in us falling for everything. Its time we take a stand.

Kanye West, former spokesperson for Pepsi, has since lost his
    endorsement deal with the soft drink giant due to his publicized remarks regarding the mishandling of the Katrina evacuees/victims.

I mean if you're like me...just SICK and TIRED of being black in America and being mishandled, then do something. Our parents and their parent's SHUT DOWN an entire bus system during the Civil Rights era by CHOOSING to do something. Here is your opportunity.

I'm calling a boycott on ALL Pepsi products. If they want to drop Kanye, how about we DROP them! And as much as I love a good Pepsi and a bag of Fritos, I'm not buying another Pepsi including any of their family products (see link below) until a formal apology is given and a donation is rendered to the Red Cross (or a similar organization) in the sum of the amount of Kanye's contract with Pepsi. If you're committed to doing something to tell not just Pepsi but the world (including the Associated Press for that racist caption) that there is power in the Black community, then pass this along. Because there's POWER in numbers.

Sincerely,
    Shondell Towns- Boycott Organizer

Pepsi Products:
    Pepsi/Frito Lay/Gatorade/Tropicana/Quaker

See a list of products by clicking here:
    http://www.pepsico.com/PEP_Company/B...nies/index.cfm
    ****If you're over 10 And watch CNN and believe everything
    You're in 2 deep, And your 35 And you still survive, idle pon corner side
    You're in 2 deep (Damian Marley -In 2 Deep)****
    "pitch yuh k.u..nt" (taken from VincyShenny)

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by saucytrini

how true is it?

Please forward - Enough is enough
    Unlike our parents and their parents, we tend NOT to stand for anythingwhich results in us falling for everything. Its time we take a stand.

Kanye West, former spokesperson for Pepsi, has since lost his
    endorsement deal with the soft drink giant due to his publicized remarks regarding the mishandling of the Katrina evacuees/victims.

I mean if you're like me...just SICK and TIRED of being black in America and being mishandled, then do something. Our parents and their parent's SHUT DOWN an entire bus system during the Civil Rights era by CHOOSING to do something. Here is your opportunity.

I'm calling a boycott on ALL Pepsi products. If they want to drop Kanye, how about we DROP them! And as much as I love a good Pepsi and a bag of Fritos, I'm not buying another Pepsi including any of their family products (see link below) until a formal apology is given and a donation is rendered to the Red Cross (or a similar organization) in the sum of the amount of Kanye's contract with Pepsi. If you're committed to doing something to tell not just Pepsi but the world (including the Associated Press for that racist caption) that there is power in the Black community, then pass this along. Because there's POWER in numbers.

Sincerely,
    Shondell Towns- Boycott Organizer

Pepsi Products:
    Pepsi/Frito Lay/Gatorade/Tropicana/Quaker

See a list of products by clicking here:
    http://www.pepsico.com/PEP_Company/B...nies/index.cfm
    I agree with you 100%......I will not support these people anymore.....thank goodness I love me some coke

Credits
    pepsi did the same thing with Ludacris

Credits
    That eh really going to make a dent with Kanye and Luda pocket.

Dont even drink soft drinks anyway...

Credits
    they haven't dropped him........atleast not yet

In My Own Space Trying To Keep The Balance
    Credits
    *cracks a can of wild cherry*

whatever

if they don't want kanye, i'll do it

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Race Bannon
    That eh really going to make a dent with Kanye and Luda pocket.

Dont even drink soft drinks anyway...
    it is the disrespect.. when ozzy osbourne cursing every five words.. dey dropping luda cause he does the same

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Oneshot
    it is the disrespect.. when ozzy osbourne cursing every five words.. dey dropping luda cause he does the same
    Disrespect?

Credits

Kayne

According to http://www.allhiphop.com/hiphopnews/?ID=4876
    he has not been dropped. The e-mail was false.

Pepsi Keeps Kanye Despite False Reports
    By Remmie Fresh
    Date: 9/27/2005 2:51 pm

A widespread boycott of Pepsi has mistakenly detailed that rapper Kanye West has been dropped from the soft drink giant’s current marketing campaign for comments made against President George Bush.

A statement from “boycott organizer” Shondell Towns was emailed to a group list of thousands of African American professionals mostly located in California. Still, the viral nature of the content has caused the message to be forwarded across the nation.

“This is to inform you that you've received an erroneous email regarding Kanye West and Pepsi. The letter said that Kanye has lost his endorsement deal with Pepsi, which is not true,” Nicole Bradley, Public Relations manager of Pepsi-Cola North America told AllHipHop.com

The rumors emerged in the weeks after Kanye West said, “George Bush doesn't care about black people” on a nationally televised telethon for survivors of Hurricane Katrina earlier this month. While the statement created a countrywide uproar, Pepsi said their dealings with Kanye have stayed the same.

“Our relationship with Kanye has not changed and our marketing campaign is continuing as planned. In fact, his Pepsi commercial is scheduled to air several times this week,” Bradley continued.

Hip-Hop’s dealings with Pepsi haven’t always been on such stable ground.

Russell Simmons and his Hip-Hop Summit Action Network nearly boycotted Pepsi products in 2003 after the company suddenly released rapper Def Jam Ludacris from a popular ad campaign.

At the time, Bill O'Reilly branded Pepsi "immoral" for using Ludacris to promote the soft drink and, based on about 3,000 subsequent phone calls to his Fox News show, Pepsi bowed to the pressure.

Eventually, Pepsi agreed to donate $3 million to various grassroots community organizations in urban areas.

Credits
    I stand behind what Kanye said 100%
    so what do we do from here?

Credits
    what do you expect when you say something bad about the man!

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by recess

Pepsi Keeps Kanye Despite False Reports
    By Remmie Fresh
    Date: 9/27/2005 2:51 pm

A widespread boycott of Pepsi has mistakenly detailed that rapper Kanye West has been dropped from the soft drink giant’s current marketing campaign for comments made against President George Bush.

A statement from “boycott organizer” Shondell Towns was emailed to a group list of thousands of African American professionals mostly located in California. Still, the viral nature of the content has caused the message to be forwarded across the nation.

“This is to inform you that you've received an erroneous email regarding Kanye West and Pepsi. The letter said that Kanye has lost his endorsement deal with Pepsi, which is not true,” Nicole Bradley, Public Relations manager of Pepsi-Cola North America told AllHipHop.com

The rumors emerged in the weeks after Kanye West said, “George Bush doesn't care about black people” on a nationally televised telethon for survivors of Hurricane Katrina earlier this month. While the statement created a countrywide uproar, Pepsi said their dealings with Kanye have stayed the same.

“Our relationship with Kanye has not changed and our marketing campaign is continuing as planned. In fact, his Pepsi commercial is scheduled to air several times this week,” Bradley continued.

Hip-Hop’s dealings with Pepsi haven’t always been on such stable ground.

Russell Simmons and his Hip-Hop Summit Action Network nearly boycotted Pepsi products in 2003 after the company suddenly released rapper Def Jam Ludacris from a popular ad campaign.

At the time, Bill O'Reilly branded Pepsi "immoral" for using Ludacris to promote the soft drink and, based on about 3,000 subsequent phone calls to his Fox News show, Pepsi bowed to the pressure.

Eventually, Pepsi agreed to donate $3 million to various grassroots community organizations in urban areas.

ok so I guess no action has to be taken

Credits
    me stop drinking pepsi for Kanye HA!

give me a break, the things we need to boycott we don't instead we decide to take on these bullshit ass causes. Pepsi should stop all the funding for all the minority programs and
    scholarships they give money too, let me say what allyuh will say then.

people need to start reading b4 they decide to follow these dumb ass militant fools and their campaigns. Hitler would've loved you guys, the way allyuh quick to buy into foolishness .

Credits
    Dah one ya name:

FALSE RUMOUR ==> http://www.hiphopmusic.com/archives/001155.html

where is the greatest CARNIVAL?..well then yuh find meh!
    Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by recess

thanks..that is what i was trying to find out......

how true is it?
    ****If you're over 10 And watch CNN and believe everything
    You're in 2 deep, And your 35 And you still survive, idle pon corner side
    You're in 2 deep (Damian Marley -In 2 Deep)****
    "pitch yuh k.u..nt" (taken from VincyShenny)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast