Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Kenwyne Jones Goes to Stoke for 8 mill pounds!

Credits

Kenwyne Jones Goes to Stoke for 8 mill pounds!

Kenwyne Jones completes Stoke switch

By Soccernet staff

Stoke City have completed the signing of Trinidad and Tobago striker Kenwyne Jones from Sunderland for a club-record 8 million fee.

Kenwyne Jones

Jones, 25, had been linked with a number of clubs, but signed a four-year deal at the Britannia Stadium after passing a medical on Wednesday afternoon.

The fee surpasses the previous record of 6million that Stoke paid to Middlesbrough for defender Robert Huth last summer.

Stoke manager Tony Pulis, who took Jones on loan for a short period earlier in his career in 2005, was delighted to have completed the transfer.

"Kenwyne is unplayable on his day which is why this is a fantastic signing for this football club," Pulis said. "We need goals in our team and we also need strong competition among our strikers if we are to continue improving at this level.

"Kenwyne will give us that. It's no secret that I am one of his biggest admirers, he did a smashing job for us when he was here on loan. He was very young back then, but I believe that he has the best years ahead of him as a top striker."

Jones, who scored nine goals during an injury-plagued campaign last season, said: "This is an exciting new chapter in my career and I want to do my best for a club that has clearly had great success since I was last here.

"I am looking forward to the challenge of helping Stoke build upon the progress it has made over the past two years in the Premier League.

Kenwyne Jones completes Stoke switch - Transfers - ESPN Soccernet

Credits
    What a waste of money.
    Stoke seems intent on replacing Ricardo Fuller who has been there only real striker for the past 4 years.

But why pick up a striker who doesn't score goals and plays soft?

Mad Scorpion
    Quote Originally Posted by Georgeflash View Post
    What a waste of money.
    Stoke seems intent on replacing Ricardo Fuller who has been there only real striker for the past 4 years.

But why pick up a striker who doesn't score goals and plays soft?
    You must either not follow or just fockin clueless. Dumbass he isn't there to replace Fuller, he is there to help him. KJ is one of the strongest players in he air in the Prem. He also helps facilitate other players opportunities to score by holding up the ball as well as drawing additional defenders on set plays. You think is a coinidence Bent had his best year playing with KJ? Benitez, Redknapp, Pulis and others have all seen KJ as a talent to be reckoned with, Fuller could only dream to be respected as KJ is. Fuller's competition for a spot in Tuncay not KJ so get yuh shit in order an shut to fock up!

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Punany Tenderizah View Post
    You must either not follow or just fockin clueless. Dumbass he isn't there to replace Fuller, he is there to help him. KJ is one of the strongest players in he air in the Prem. He also helps facilitate other players opportunities to score by holding up the ball as well as drawing additional defenders on set plays. You think is a coinidence Bent had his best year playing with KJ? Benitez, Redknapp, Pulis and others have all seen KJ as a talent to be reckoned with, Fuller could only dream to be respected as KJ is. Fuller's competition for a spot in Tuncay not KJ so get yuh shit in order an shut to fock up!
    You pay 8 million pounds for a striker that holds up the ball and is a good decoy? That is the most moronic shyt I have ever heard. It's like England using Hesky because he holds up the ball and supposedly complements Rooney. How did that work out?

Dik cleft chin do you even know anything about football?
    Tuncay is a midfielder yuh fuking nematode. Stokes other strikers are Sidibe and Kitson.

Were you paying attention when the club was trying desperately to recruit Remy from Lyon. Stoke has a plan and it's in the works for a while. Jones' game does not complement Fullers in the least?

Sometimes that ass that you carry on your face just foreshadows the load a shit that you spew.

Credits
    Kenwyne just needs someone to put the ball in the air in his direction and it's a problem. He's not soft, just has a bad first touch at his feet, but in the air he's deadly.

The Soca Warriors never were able to utilize his talents. Hopefully he'll do great at Stoke. He's a man that is capable of scoring 20 goals in the Prem.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by RotiKing2004eva View Post
    Kenwyne just needs someone to put the ball in the air in his direction and it's a problem. He's not soft, just has a bad first touch at his feet, but in the air he's deadly.

The Soca Warriors never were able to utilize his talents. Hopefully he'll do great at Stoke. He's a man that is capable of scoring 20 goals in the Prem.
    I applaud your allegiance but this Kenwyne Jones experiment has been ongoing.

Jones should be able to but cannot shield away or impose himself on defenders. He is soft for that size. Even Peter Crouch is more useful with the ball at his feet.

Credits
    Good luck to Kenwyne... It's a shame that Redknapp didn't go in for him...

Would have been nice seeing him play in the Champions League...

He would actually perform better with players such as Kranjcar, Bale, Modric and Lennon than Tuncay, Etherington and Lawrence...
    Seven is the number of the natural world. There are 7 days in the week, 7 notes on the musical scale and 7 directions (left, right, up, down, forward, back and center). The Sages teach that seven are the attributes of physicality: Height, Width, Depth, Top and Bottom (limits height), Front and Back (limits width), Left and Right (limits depth), the connecting of the other six.

Credits
    2,466,130,003,239,999,894,719,398,969,643,979,951,637,561,03 2,240,627,990,921,216
    I was just looking at this story on FSC

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Riley Escobar View Post
    Good luck to Kenwyne... It's a shame that Redknapp didn't go in for him...

Would have been nice seeing him play in the Champions League...

He would actually perform better with players such as Kranjcar, Bale, Modric and Lennon than Tuncay, Etherington and Lawrence...
    i was disappointed to not see him in the world cup doh..

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Oneshot View Post
    i was disappointed to not see him in the world cup doh..
    Come nah man... Could you see Wales qualifying for a World Cup...

As for Bale, the man is wanted by a few clubs...
    Seven is the number of the natural world. There are 7 days in the week, 7 notes on the musical scale and 7 directions (left, right, up, down, forward, back and center). The Sages teach that seven are the attributes of physicality: Height, Width, Depth, Top and Bottom (limits height), Front and Back (limits width), Left and Right (limits depth), the connecting of the other six.

Mad Scorpion
    You pay 8 million pounds for a striker that holds up the ball and is a good decoy? That is the most moronic shyt I have ever heard. It's like England using Hesky because he holds up the ball and supposedly complements Rooney. How did that work out?

Up until the world cup it apparently worked well, didn't it? Apart from that KJ is far more dynamic than Heskey will ever be. Heskey couldn't shoot a ball into the fockin sea.

Dik cleft chin do you even know anything about football?
    Tuncay is a midfielder yuh fuking nematode. Stokes other strikers are Sidibe and Kitson.

Yuh dumb fock I know he is a midfielder. Given Stoke's defensive minded approach they could end up playing many games with a 4-5-1 with KJ up top. Tuncay might be the reason Fuller ends up being benched because he is a good attackin option from midfield who could play right behind KJ and overlap once KJ has the ball in a 4-5-1. Pullis woud be an ass to bench Fuller for Sidibe, Beattie or Kittson. before yuh spew off on ah rant yuh need to try and apply logic or ax ah fockin question yuh schupid fock!

Were you paying attention when the club was trying desperately to recruit Remy from Lyon. Stoke has a plan and it's in the works for a while. Jones' game does not complement Fullers in the least?

Remy was always ah fockin pipe dream yuh asshole lol

Sometimes that ass that you carry on your face just foreshadows the load a shit that you spew.
    How much is Anelka worth? He's ah fockin decoy that just happens to have a good touch. How much ManUre pay for Berbatov? He is ah fockin decoy no? When Heskey has played in Villa's lineup he was a decoy/ hold up man no? No one will argue Heskey more talented than Carew yet he consistently gets more starts when healthy no? Come on fella yuh talkin shit out yuh ass because yuh scared Fuller about to get replaced in the starting XI. KJ with less games and a boss who really didn't care for him was more productive than Fuller based on minutes played over the past 2 seasons Stoke in the Prem. So maybe is time to replace dat volatile idiot.

With all that said I still think given Fullers touches and skills they can work well together. You mussbe lackin faith in de yardman because no doubt about it he eh startin over KJ if KJ is his competition.

Credits

Yuh nuh think Bale and the ageless Ryan Giggs could carry a Welch team? LOL

Credits

i kno, i kno, but de man is a BOSS midfielder, and an athlete at that.

Mad Scorpion
    Quote Originally Posted by RotiKing2004eva View Post

ever watch Sunderland play? Because if you did yuh wouldn't be sayin dat dumb shit. Yuh correct that when playing for TnT he shows up poorly because they cannot play to his strenghts with the personnel they have. Sunderland on their worst ay would probably still blaze TnT national team ass good an proppah. I not sure bout 20 goals though because unless he's in a lineup where crosses come in left and right it's hard to imagine 20. If he reach 13 by January then 20 is reachable. Stoke does play defense and hoof it down the field a lot so he will have trouble getting to that 20 unless he connects to many of Delap's long throws. Watch Fuller score bout 18 goals dis year if Pullis go 4-4-2 or 4-4-1-1.

Credits
    Yuh nuh think Bale and the ageless Ryan Giggs could carry a Welch team? LOL
    Nope... Just a matter of time before Giggsy pack it in... Wales has got to build a team around Bale, Ramsay and Ledley...

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast