Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kelis Requests More Financial Support from Nas

Spoogie

Kelis Requests More Financial Support from Nas

Published Friday, August 21, 2009 11:32 AM

By Ismael AbduSalaam

After receiving a judgment last month ordering Nas to pay over $44,000 in monthly child and spousal support, singer Kelis is now requesting an increase totaling over $400,000.

According to court documents filed by Kelis Rogers lawyer Laura Wasser, her client is entitled to more income since Nas allegedly grosses $244,826.00 per month.

In comparison, Wasser states that Kelis only generates 13,744.00 per month and is dependent on Nas to maintain her current lifestyle.

Kelis is asking for $17,225.00 a month in child support, $72,728.00 in spousal support, retro child support of $29,522.00, and retro spousal support of $281,571.

If the courts approve, Kelis will receive a total of $401,076.00 in addition to the $44,000 plus judgment decreed last month.

The July judgment will be reviewed in September, at which time a judge will make a final decision on what Nas will pay in child support, and how long he will required to maintain spousal support for his ex-wife.

The star couple divorced in April, with Kelis citing irreconcilable differences.

Both parties have kept the matter private, with Nas simply asserting he was a good husband and his happiness at the successful birth of his first son, Knight.

At press time, neither Nas nor Kelis could be reached for comment on the latest court proceedings.

Credits
    smh..... if i was de judge i wud send her packing yes,.

Credits
    She overdoing de shit now man....$400,000 a month dread? Is this heffa serious?!?! Right now it just look like she doing this to spite Nas.

Mommy Dearest **Vincy-Soca-Diva**'s Avatar **Vincy-Soca-Diva** is offline
    Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Insane View Post
    smh..... if i was de judge i wud send her packing yes,.
    If I was the judge I might look at her and ask why you waisting my time. I might even tell her at this point i'll take back all the money he was giving her and force her to get a job. She makes 13,000 ok cool but she also has child support coming in ether make a new album or get a job to support you and the child. Make Nas rent you a descent place until you get on your feet. the way she going is to spite the man. i wonder if he slept with her best friend or something

Credits
    she's nuts!!!

like she want to bankrupt de man.

she need to chill.

Credits
    damn, and RUSSELL SIMMONS doesnt even have to pay kimora that much money. russell only gives 40 000 for each child.

Links30
    This is insane

Credits
    damn Nas, how could you have ################ed up this bad??

bet yu wish yu had went on dat date wid beyonce now..

Credits
    Read it well people. She is looking for back support for child and spousal. It will not equal $400k a month. Matter of fact until the judge decides either way we will not know what the monthly pay-out will be. If it will remain at $44k, increase or decrease..

Credits
    damn Kelis.... *smh*

Why he gotta pay that much in spousal support though? She makes her own money...jeez.
    Those Who Sacrifice Freedom for Security Deserve Neither
    www.cookingwithval.com
    http://www.snackhealthy.com/snackwithval
    @cookingwithval
    @NicaBlack

Credits

Thumbs up

She need a lash with a bull pistol for she greediness. I getting tired of her ass now.

T-MAKAA

By Ismael AbduSalaam

After receiving a judgment last month ordering Nas to pay over $44,000 in monthly child and spousal support, singer Kelis is now requesting an increase totaling over $400,000.
    According to court documents filed by Kelis Rogers lawyer Laura Wasser, her client is entitled to more income since Nas allegedly grosses $244,826.00 per month.
    In comparison, Wasser states that Kelis only generates 13,744.00 per month and is dependent on Nas to maintain her current lifestyle.

Kelis is asking for $17,225.00 a month in child support, $72,728.00 in spousal support, retro child support of $29,522.00, and retro spousal support of $281,571.

If the courts approve, Kelis will receive a total of $401,076.00 in addition to the $44,000 plus judgment decreed last month.

The July judgment will be reviewed in September, at which time a judge will make a final decision on what Nas will pay in child support, and how long he will required to maintain spousal support for his ex-wife.

The star couple divorced in April, with Kelis citing irreconcilable differences.

Both parties have kept the matter private, with Nas simply asserting he was a good husband and his happiness at the successful birth of his first son, Knight.

At press time, neither Nas nor Kelis could be reached for comment on the latest court proceedings
    Somebody break down this logic of the bolded.

Credits
    Now if Nas chop up Kelis and the child mudda cunt she go wanna say she bad lucky...

Credits
    that's ri-damn-diculous...she's just being greedy, and needs to take her tail in the studio to make a damn album.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Ole Murderer View Post

By Ismael AbduSalaam

At press time, neither Nas nor Kelis could be reached for comment on the latest court proceedings.

WTF....

I swear d world upside down...

13 k / month more dan enough for she and her child

And y is he dat have to maintain her lifestyle? All d man have to do is make sure his child comfortable....mamselle is d real golddigger boy...
    Money Haffi Make!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast