Thread: Katrina Help Effort - Job Opportunity

Credits

Exclamation Katrina Help Effort - Job Opportunity

The Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) needs employees that can handle extensive telephone contact with members of the general public.
    The location will be in Denton at the Texas National Processing ServiceCenter. In the wake of Hurricane Katrina they need 150 people this week and will ramp up to over 300 people by the end of Sept. The assignment will last
    well into January.

The skills for the position are good telephone and communication skillsand/or customer service experience and knowledge of personal computers or
    word processing in a Windows-based environment. The job will entailcontact with members of the general public who are applying for disasterassistance. The position requires patience, tact and courtesy on the part of theemployee. Employee must be fluent in English and possess proficienttyping skills.

NO disaster victims - conflict of interest
    Work 12 days straight, 12 hour shifts then go to 12 days straight, 10 hours shifts then go to 3 shifts, 8 hours shifts

Right now we think the pay is going to be around $15 an hour. We willstart finger printing for the FEMA on Tuesday Morning. Classes will start onWednesday.

Thank you,
    Patrick Logan
    Assistant Branch Manager
    Founders Club V Member
    2525 East Arkansas Lane Suite 245
    Arlington, TX 76010
    Phone: (817) 275-3000
    Fax: (817) 275-3199
    plogan@appleone.com
    www.appleone.com

Credits
    They also have ah opening up at de top...

LSK
    Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Bake n Shark
    They also have ah opening up at de top...
    Shuddup

I think they would get their 500 people in record time tho. Folks out there keen to help.

elq
    Credits
    did anyone else calculate $9 760

Credits
    I found this info also:

>If you know any young men age 18 and up who are looking for work, Bishop Eddie Long, Pastor of New Birth Missionary Baptist Church, is offering $32.00 per hour for a team of men willing to go to New Orleans to help with the disaster and damage done by Hurricane Katrina. You can call the church at 770-696-9600 for sign up and more information.
    Also...
    Construction company hiring 1000 people to help with hurricane clean up. $10/hr, 80-90 hrs weekly, food, lodging, transportation to area. Start immediately, could go on for 1-2 yrs. Anyone interested can call directly to LVI Svcs, 713-991-0480, 10500 Telephone Rd, Houston, Texas.
    West Indian T-shirts & More: www.wiCulture.com
    Like it on Facebook: facebook.com/wiculturetees

Credits
    sweet no more tele marketers

LSK
    Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by n00ner
    I found this info also:

>If you know any young men age 18 and up who are looking for work, Bishop Eddie Long, Pastor of New Birth Missionary Baptist Church, is offering $32.00 per hour for a team of men willing to go to New Orleans to help with the disaster and damage done by Hurricane Katrina. You can call the church at 770-696-9600 for sign up and more information.
    Also...
    Construction company hiring 1000 people to help with hurricane clean up. $10/hr, 80-90 hrs weekly, food, lodging, transportation to area. Start immediately, could go on for 1-2 yrs. Anyone interested can call directly to LVI Svcs, 713-991-0480, 10500 Telephone Rd, Houston, Texas.
    I use to go to New Birth when I lived in Atlanta. Bishop Eddie is good people.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by LSK
    I use to go to New Birth when I lived in Atlanta. Bishop Eddie is good people.
    the pay looks good too too bad they can't offer that ammount of money towards those who will be working in texas, becuase those are the ones who will need it!!

Mad Scorpion
    Quote Originally Posted by ILanDFnTsY
    The Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) needs employees that can handle extensive telephone contact with members of the general public.
    The location will be in Denton at the Texas National Processing ServiceCenter. In the wake of Hurricane Katrina they need 150 people this week and will ramp up to over 300 people by the end of Sept. The assignment will last
    well into January.

The skills for the position are good telephone and communication skillsand/or customer service experience and knowledge of personal computers or
    word processing in a Windows-based environment. The job will entailcontact with members of the general public who are applying for disasterassistance. The position requires patience, tact and courtesy on the part of theemployee. Employee must be fluent in English and possess proficienttyping skills.

NO disaster victims - conflict of interest
    Work 12 days straight, 12 hour shifts then go to 12 days straight, 10 hours shifts then go to 3 shifts, 8 hours shifts

Right now we think the pay is going to be around $15 an hour. We willstart finger printing for the FEMA on Tuesday Morning. Classes will start onWednesday.

Thank you,
    Patrick Logan
    Assistant Branch Manager
    Founders Club V Member
    2525 East Arkansas Lane Suite 245
    Arlington, TX 76010
    Phone: (817) 275-3000
    Fax: (817) 275-3199
    plogan@appleone.com
    www.appleone.com

All I have to say is people who choose or are chosen to do this really have to have tremendous patience and people skills. My experience having dealt with many of the business owners in lower manhattan after the attacks really was humbling and trying. These employees will encounter many frustrated by the processes necessary to obtain assistance. I hope the right kind of people submit themselves to do this. If I wasn't employed I would be there in a heartbeat.

Credits
    Is it me or wouldn't it be prudent to offer these jobs to the thousands of ppl where where displaced by the disaster.

Mad Scorpion
    Quote Originally Posted by Quest
    Is it me or wouldn't it be prudent to offer these jobs to the thousands of ppl where where displaced by the disaster.
    Not the assistance jobs with FEMA. That would be very chaotic. You would have a serious conflict of interest. Some of the processors would most likely try to help people circumvent the process to get more.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by 5 Star General
    Not the assistance jobs with FEMA. That would be very chaotic. You would have a serious conflict of interest. Some of the processors would most likely try to help people circumvent the process to get more.
    thats possible but I was more refferign to the rebuilding part of the projects. There are a tremendous amount of young unemployed men who who jump at the chance to One be employed and then help rebuild thier own city.

Mad Scorpion
    Quote Originally Posted by Quest
    thats possible but I was more refferign to the rebuilding part of the projects. There are a tremendous amount of young unemployed men who who jump at the chance to One be employed and then help rebuild thier own city.
    Agreed 100% providing they posess the necessary skills or they learn quickly. This isn't a situation where there is a lot of time for teaching or micromanaging.