Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: Jumbies ....

Credits

Jumbies ....

Who know bout Lajabless ... if yuh run into one .. take off yuh clothes and turn dem inside out ... dat go protek yuh.

Who know bout Dwen ... To stop dem from lurin yuh children into the forest at dusk, doe shout dey name in ah open place, or de Dwen go take the echo from yuh voice and lure yuh child in de wrong direction.

When Ah Was Small ... Dah Lajabless Shyt Used To Rell Fock Meh Up.

In America ... De Only Jumbies Ah Dos See Now Is De Ones On Atlantic And Bedford When Ah Stop At Ah Red Light. When Yuh See Dem ... Lock Yuh Doors And Turn Up Yuh Window ... Dey Go Walk Straight Past Yuh.

This thread was inspired from the new girls Obeah inspired thread about "What Yuh Go Be When Yuh Dead .. Or Where Yuh Goin Or Someshytlikedat" ... Tanks for creepin me out.
    triniameri likes this.
    Linkage !!!

facebook.com/SoundLion - Friend Me
    https://www.youtube.com/user/li0ns0und - Mixes / Remixes --- Check Me Out

Credits
    lemme help you out...

West-Indian Folklore

Ghost Stories, "Obeah" Stories, Etc.

Classical Children's Stories are so gruesome

'FUNMIX FRIDAYS': Match the Trinbago Folklore Characters to Imix members... lol

Caribbean Folklores! I loved hearing these stories

here are my threads on this
    Let's talk Obeah 101....

i love a good obeah/occult thread yes...so make sure an make it interesting.. dat remind me i have to start watching Once upon a time tonight! :

but hear dis nah.. dis is de defn' of a la diablesse..

La Diablesse
    La Diablesse (Lajables), the Devil Woman, roames at night. She has eyes like burning coals and a face resembling that of a corpse, but hides it under a beautiful wide-brimmed hat and a veil over her face. She is dressed exquisitely in a blouse with puffy sleeves and long, petticoated, skirts. She has one cloven foot, which she tries to hide under her long skirts. She turns up at village dances, where she is immediately disliked by the women present, but she utterly charms the men and then asks one of them to take her home. He follows her, totally under her spell. She leads him deep into the woods and then suddenly she disappears. Unable to find his way home, the poor fellow stumbles around in the dark wood until he either falls into a ravine or a river to his death or gets attacked by wild hogs.

Old people talk: If you feel you may encounter a La Diablesse on your way home, take off all your clothes, turn them inside out and put them on again, and this will surely protect you from a La Diablesse.
    me and my cousin went to help out some friend of hers at dis place on clarkson.. i think is that guyanese or grenadian hole in the wall spot.. there was this woman there who i kid you not. had on a long skirt, a white peasant top, a straw broad hat (which i had find strange as fck).. and we was by the door and i remember turning around and she was jes in the party.. so i say to my cousin.. wait.i seeing tings? da woman over dey .. where she come out from? and why she dress like a la diablesse??? so we laugh it off and ignore she.. so den i was takin pics.. and i take a pic with her in the foreground.. then i say wait.. and i keep taking more .. cos in the pics she was coming out blurry but everybody around her came out crystal clear.. i show my cousin and now both of us feel edgy lol.. then when de party done, she ask dese two young boys to give her a lift to her car .. just right down the road and i remember saying to my cousin.. is it just me or she hat hiding she face in every possible direction??? it was truly strange..and kinda creepy how things played out..
    triniameri, Triniminx and mz_JazE like this.
    Never waste your time trying to explain who you are to people who are committed to misunderstanding you.

Velvet Glove. Iron Fist

mi style still sharp .....u a A-Minor and dem a B-Flat

Credits
    Did you see Insidious ?? Part 2 Coming out ... CANT WAIT !!
    mz_JazE and Carib2 like this.
    Linkage !!!

Credits
    i didnt even see part 1..but i'll put it on my long list.. did you see the conjuring.. people said tat was scary.. but then again people said The Human Centipede was gross/disturbing and i laughed cos it was hilarious to me. "i have to shit.. i'm sorry.. i so sorry"..
    Never waste your time trying to explain who you are to people who are committed to misunderstanding you.

Velvet Glove. Iron Fist

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by ladyrastafari View Post
    i didnt even see part 1..but i'll put it on my long list.. did you see the conjuring.. people said tat was scary.. but then again people said The Human Centipede was gross/disturbing and i laughed cos it was hilarious to me. "i have to shit.. i'm sorry.. i so sorry"..
    lol sounds more like a comedy ... no I haven't seen the conjuring .. i'll check it out, but you need to put Insidious on the top of that list tho.
    Linkage !!!

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by ladyrastafari View Post

The Conjuring is scary as hell because it's based on a real family here is a video based on the real doll in that movie... there is no way I would have this shit in my house!

This is the doll in the movie

This is the real doll ....

WARREN OCCULT MUSEUM 2013
    mz_JazE likes this.
    And keep your money, I got my own
    Keep a bigger smile on my face, being alone
    Bad motherfcuker, God complex
    Motivate your ass call me Malcolm X

Credits
    And keep your money, I got my own
    Keep a bigger smile on my face, being alone
    Bad motherfcuker, God complex
    Motivate your ass call me Malcolm X

Credits
    ok wow that trailer was like umm.. lol... i just went and turned on my kitchen light.. i got spooked out from the stair scene cos twice in this house i have had pictures fly off the wall recently.. always the same picture... both times my rational side said "probably wasnt secured to the wall" while my other side mused with trepidation on the fact that my landlord downstairs is haitian lol.. forgive me..

Velvet Glove. Iron Fist

Credits
    I'm left handed...my bizness fixed!
    Our Queen went to sleep, her people left to weep....in song she lives on.

Long Live the Queen!

Credits
    my father siad one night he was driving home from la brea and was passing a cemetry and heard his name being called out...man put pedal to the metal and dust out....he said he was real bummy until a few weeks later he met up with some padnas and one ah dem said "hoss yuh eh hear meh calling yuh out in la brea what night it was?"...rofl...
    triniameri and ladyrastafari like this.
    Living like Peggy, plotting like Joan

LB
    Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by TRINILI0N View Post
    Who know bout Lajabless ... if yuh run into one .. take off yuh clothes and turn dem inside out ... dat go protek yuh.

You know the reason for all of this right? It's not about protection against any jumbie per se, its to keep your brain moving when you are scared.
    What happens if something terrifies you? Your fear makes you freeze up...your brain cant function, your body wont move and your spirit gets stuck.
    So taking off your shoes and putting them on the wrong feet and tying the shoelaces together, turning your clothes inside out etc etc. Gives you something else to focus on when you are scared so you dont freeze up.
    So you dont actually do the above...you think the above so that you can do something like keep walking and never look back, to get you out of the situation. That is the real protection.
    ~ If you make the mountain any bigger you wont be able to move it later

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Naughtyshawtie View Post
    my father siad one night he was driving home from la brea and was passing a cemetry and heard his name being called out...man put pedal to the metal and dust out....he said he was real bummy until a few weeks later he met up with some padnas and one ah dem said "hoss yuh eh hear meh calling yuh out in la brea what night it was?"...rofl...
    He wasn't shame?

I have a strange fascination with creepy WI folklore. One of my sisters really believe in soucouyant and in her old place used to swear the nice old lady that lived downstairs was one. Always showing me marks on her skin and putting salt by her door, rest of us used to say at her.
    "Those who are able to see beyond the shadows and lies of their culture will never be understood, let alone believed, by the masses." -Plato

"god is the deification of a culture."
    -Dr Yosef ben-Jochannan

Credits

Triniminx likes this.
    Space available for RENT

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by BacchanalDiva View Post
    He wasn't shame?

I have a strange fascination with creepy WI folklore. One of my sisters really believe in soucouyant and in her old place used to swear the nice old lady that lived downstairs was one. Always showing me marks on her skin and putting salt by her door, rest of us used to say at her.
    i think alot of ppl living in rural areas here still beleive in socouuyant...i was asking one of my clients if she had any medical issues, de woman watch me dead in my eyes and said she suffers from pains in her arms and breasts cuz there is a soscouyant in the area that sucks on her....and de thing is i have to record everything she says...i wasnt even sure if to put dat in de woman report or not....
    ladyrastafari likes this.
    Living like Peggy, plotting like Joan

Credits
    i think alot of ppl living in rural areas here still beleive in socouuyant...i was asking one of my clients if she had any medical issues, de woman watch me dead in my eyes and said she suffers from pains in her arms and breasts cuz there is a soscouyant in the area that sucks on her....and de thing is i have to record everything she says...i wasnt even sure if to put dat in de woman report or not....
    you write it? At least you home, imagine if somebody had to put that in a file up here. Meds prescribing one time!
    "Those who are able to see beyond the shadows and lies of their culture will never be understood, let alone believed, by the masses." -Plato

"god is the deification of a culture."
    -Dr Yosef ben-Jochannan

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast