Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Joe Millionaire

Credits

Thumbs up Joe Millionaire

Can't wait for those gold-digging hussies to find out the truth.

Especially the blond one who ran into the room and picked up two of the dresses. She's so flickin' extra feeling his hands! What a moron.

Speaking of reality TV, the black-ish girl on High School Reunion is a stalker. Ten years, and yuh still have a crush on some guy who didn't know you existed?! Cheese & bread. Give it a rest.

all I have to say is that is some f&%ked up sh!t, that man is only making 19,000 a year , that good fuh them.

Credits
    True love has no price tag...

All the women that my father used to talk to when he was 19, still wearing short pants and sleeping in a shed on the farm where he worked is kicking themselves right now.

amprincess
    I'm so mad I missed this show last night!!! :
    those goldiggers deserve to be humiliated

Credits
    oh gosh, i heard about this on the radio! hilarious! i wish i seen them desperate chicks! this show should make women know not to go on tv and cry and carry on like an ass for a man they don't know because they hear he have money!

Dawtah of the Sun Empressdududahlin's Avatar Empressdududahlin is offline
    Credits
    That is so sad, I hope the Un-lucky woman don't go MAD after the show is over. That is quite embarassing!

Credits
    I wanted to see that...can't wait till they find out...

where the Eagles are a hometown favorite!
    Credits
    This show was taped a while ago.....could you imagine watching yourself on TV making a fool out of yourself.

But as someone said before, love has no boundaries and the price of a man should not be the most important factor in a relationship but then again we live in an egotistical amd materialistic society that this only matters....

Credits
    hmmmmmm.

i don't know about this 1. i'm out the tv loop, but i understand some rich guy who is very wealthy chooses from a random pool of women to only tell them in the end he isn't wealthy? some of the concept for original intelligent programming with this reality tv stuff has dwindled, but lying and making some1 embarassed publicly on nationwide tv is a bit xtreme. even if some women on the show are money hungry or honestly sincere and luv the guy at the end, everything was based on false pretense. want 2 know if the network will face lawsuits....

salt

Credits
    I'm sure Fox isn't that stupid...they probably made them sign a whole bunch of waivers that no matter what the outcome, they wouldn't sue, etc, etc.

I can't see this lasting more than one season (or maybe if they filmed many seasons concurrently) because once the theme is out, it will make many people wary to go on that type of show again.

All I have to say is that if you are the type to go on a show like that you should be prepared to deal with the outcome.
    It will teach a valuable lesson too, because many people say money isn't all that important, but when the funk hits the fan, we'll see if those women change their tune.

Next week he's gonna have them ploughing and doing manual labor in the stables...I already saw one of them break down.

...concrete jungle where dreams are made of...
    Credits
    I canít believe how desperate those women were looking last night. If they were THAT bad rushing for a dress imagine when things get real deep. Iím gonna have a good laugh watching this show. LOL
    "Create the highest, grandest vision possible for your life, because you become what you believe." - Oprah Winfrey

"If you keep believing in yourself and seek enthusiasm inside your soul, things will get simpler, more spontaneous." ~Paulo Coelho

"I find your lack of faith disturbing" - Darth Vader

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit
    the floor each morning the devil says:
    "Oh Crap, She's up!"

Credits

i have to watch this...

http://www.fox.com/joem/

Name: Evan
    Supposed Fortune: $50,000,000
    Actual Income: $19,000

19K?? he working partly-part-time?? what a drastic difference!

Credits

Here is what some of the women had to say...

IT'S ĎTHE $50M LIE'

By DAVID K. LI and ANGELINA CAPPIELLO
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

January 7, 2003 --

It may look like a fairy tale on television, but the new show "Joe Millionaire" had no happy endings for several would-be princesses from the New York area.

Three women who appeared in the first episode of the show - which transports 20 women to a chateau in France and follows them as they compete for the affections of a man they believe has just inherited $50 million - watched the program at a Gramercy Park bar last night, still bitter about the experience.

"I thought it would be fun, but it was more stressful than fun," said Alison, a 28-year-old Manhattan graphic artist, who would not give her last name. "It was a faux fairy tale and we were manipulated. I feel betrayed by the $50 million lie.

"The producers promised it would be a good time either way, but I didn't have a good time," she added.

Fellow contestant Zora Sabrina, 29, of Princeton, N.J., added that she didn't appreciate people calling her and her fellow bachelorettes "gold-diggers."

"There were some incredibly strong women there," she said.

The first episode ended with construction worker and fake millionaire Evan Marriott giving pearl necklaces to 12 women - a symbol that they had survived the first round.

Both Zora and Alison received the gift.

But one woman who did not move on to the second round said she, too, felt insulted by the notion that Marriott could ever be her Mr. Right.

"You can put a monkey in a suit and he's still a monkey," said Mary Huang, 25, of North Caldwell, N.J.

For his part, Marriott - the $19,000-a-year construction worker from Southern California who goes by the name "Evan Wallace" in the not-so-reality reality show - said he felt bad lying to the 20 bachelorettes.

"I've never lied about anything to get a girl in bed," the 28-year-old hard-hat confessed to viewers. "Now I'm living the biggest lie in front of America."

But that's the whole point of the show. In the ultimate test of true love vs. money, the producers originally told the women that Marriott was an average guy - only to then say that he'd just inherited $50 million.

On air, many of the women's jaws dropped when told of the $50-million inheritance at a group meeting.

Later in the show, Marriott wines and dines the women at the chateau. He also takes the women on romantic dates during which they ride horses, fence and - but of course! - lip-lock.

It was a long way from where the romantic hero of the series grew up in Virginia Beach, where he was so undisciplined as a teen that his parents sent him to a military high school.

"I still had fun with all the girls, but we were all betrayed," Huang said.

Re: i have to watch this...

Originally posted by montREALady
    http://www.fox.com/joem/

Name: Evan
    Supposed Fortune: $50,000,000
    Actual Income: $19,000

19K?? he working partly-part-time?? what a drastic difference!
    yuh know they have him looking like a millionaire
    WAIT!!!!!!!!! he is a construction worker and only making 19k some one lying.

Credits
    Oh please...
    Hindsight is always flickin 20/20.

You had to agree to go on TV. You had to agree to do everything that was done to you....Sounds like a case of the fox and the sour grapes to me.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast