Thread: job interview question

Credits

Question job interview question

ok...here's the scenario - applied for a job about 1 1/2 yr ago....had a great interview. great feedback from the head of the interview committee *it was 6 people i interviewed with*

didn't get the job went to someone w/my experience but in a university setting...corresponded w/the head of the committee for a bit afterwards because she wanted to see if there was something else avail for me

saw the same position is available again, same committee head that i interviewed with.

question - is it worth re-applying?? could it be an advantage that i had a positive interview then? or if i wasn't offered the job the first time, let it go? OR could it be a hellish job, if who they hired has already left???

Credits
    or maybe whoever they hired before wasn't capable of doing the job after all and was fired....
    I say go for a again, especially if its something that you really want......u do have an advantage over other applicants :)

Credits

Re: job interview question

Originally posted by soca junkie
    ok...here's the scenario - applied for a job about 1 1/2 yr ago....had a great interview. great feedback from the head of the interview committee *it was 6 people i interviewed with*

didn't get the job went to someone w/my experience but in a university setting...corresponded w/the head of the committee for a bit afterwards because she wanted to see if there was something else avail for me

saw the same position is available again, same committee head that i interviewed with.

question - is it worth re-applying?? could it be an advantage that i had a positive interview then? or if i wasn't offered the job the first time, let it go? OR could it be a hellish job, if who they hired has already left???
    apply again, because there could be 100 different reasons why the other person left. Also reapplying shows your eagerness.

Credits

Re: Re: job interview question

Originally posted by Trinibaje
    apply again, because there could be 100 different reasons why the other person left. Also reapplying shows your eagerness.
    e.g.:

poor work habits, laziness, left for another job, wasn't the 'right fit' ....etc.

I say apply again.

Pimptress
    Apply AGAIN! if you really want it...re-apply. wat do you have to lose? plus i'm sure the fact the you had a great interview the first time, and you show interest again will work to your benefit.

good luck :)

Credits

Re: job interview question

Originally posted by soca junkie

Go for it SJ , the second time around is always better than the first time ... ah just love that song ...

Credits

Re: Re: job interview question

Originally posted by Trinibaje
    yep i agree. i had a friend who got a job after hounding them five times.

Credits
    SJ Definitely apply again.