Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: JetBlue flight attendant arrested after NYC ruckus

Roz
    Credits

JetBlue flight attendant arrested after NYC ruckus

Jet Blue/File – A flight attendant furious with passengers who refused to follow his instructions told them off over …
    Related Quotes Symbol Price Change
    JBLU 6.50 0.00
    ^GSPC 1,127.79 0.00
    ^IXIC 2,305.69 0.00

1 hr 10 mins ago
    NEW YORK – A JetBlue flight attendant got into an argument with a passenger on a jetliner arriving at John F. Kennedy International Airport on Monday, cursed the passenger, grabbed a beer from the galley and then deployed an emergency exit slide and fled the plane, authorities said.

Flight attendant Steven Slater was arrested at his nearby home in the Belle Harbor section of Queens by Port Authority of New York And New Jersey police on charges of criminal mischief, reckless endangerment and trespassing.

Slater, 39, remained in custody Monday night. His attorney's name wasn't immediately available, and there was no home telephone number listed for him. A woman who answered a phone at a previous residence listed for Slater in Thousand Oaks, Calif., identified herself as his mother but said she wasn't speaking to the media.

JetBlue Airways Corp. said in a statement that it was working with the Federal Aviation Administration and Port Authority police to investigate the matter. It said the safety of its customers and crew members was never at risk.

Slater was working on JetBlue Flight 1052 from Pittsburgh when he got into an argument with the passenger, who was pulling down baggage from an overhead bin, the Port Authority said. The luggage apparently struck the attendant in the head and he asked for an apology, but the passenger refused, the agency said.

As the plane was landing, Slater got on the public-address system and cussed at the passenger, the Port Authority said. He then grabbed at least one beer, activated the slide, slid down and went to his car, it said.

Port Authority police were notified about 25 minutes later.

JetBlue would not say how long Slater had been employed by the company.

By Monday night, several Facebook pages had been set up in tribute to Slater, with many users of the social networking site expressing support for him for walking off the job.

Follow Yahoo! News on Twitter, become a fan on Facebook
    JetBlue flight attendant arrested after NYC ruckus - Yahoo! News

TC
    Credits
    I read this this morning. All I had to say was tsk tsk tsk.

Taj
    Credits
    passengers push those ppl too far treat them like glorified maids. You on their aircraft and they have rules. you knock the man in his freaking head cos you ain wanna listen then you are rude enough not to apologize?????
    nah

just sit yuh ass down and wait for the plane to come to a stop.

nothing wrong with tellin the passenger off via intercom...you got frustrated , but the beer then deploying the emerg. exit... that was way extra

if you do that thats like giving the finger and saying I quit!
    “A sharp knife never proclaims it’s sharpness to the world…but the first to fall against it becomes it’s advocate.”

You can put any face behind a mask but be careful cos someone else might be pretending. You might not be the only one with a secret -- Cassie/Gretel

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Taj View Post
    passengers push those ppl too far treat them like glorified maids. You on their aircraft and they have rules. you knock the man in his freaking head cos you ain wanna listen then you are rude enough not to apologize?????
    nah

just sit yuh ass down and wait for the plane to come to a stop.

nothing wrong with tellin the passenger off via intercom...you got frustrated , but the beer then deploying the emerg. exit... that was way extra

if you do that thats like giving the finger and saying I quit!

No lie on that. I thought about becoming one before, but I don't have the temprement. Don't think I could explain away why I smothered several passagers with the little pillows.
    Our Queen went to sleep, her people left to weep....in song she lives on.

Long Live the Queen!

Credits
    2,466,130,003,239,999,894,719,398,969,643,979,951,637,561,03 2,240,627,990,921,216
    FACK dem flight attendants .. Since after September 11th .. They act like clowns knowing they can kick you off the flight claiming you disruptive

Credits
    Shoulda cuff de passenger.

I traveling donkey years and never once call a flight attendant for anything or use de bathroom.
    Fed up with these mudder ass people always going in the bathroom, always packing ah set ah damn thing under de seat, always reclining dey damn seat too low, always talking shit whole trip.

So yeah, he shoulda cuff de man down

T-MAKAA
    Let me find a piece of this story that is missing here.. brb

Taj
    Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by chinky eyes View Post
    No lie on that. I thought about becoming one before, but I don't have the temprement. Don't think I could explain away why I smothered several passagers with the little pillows.
    yea i think every lil girl had flight attendant dreams :) I did too

oh dear Chinky....yea i don't think jail fuh yuh eida
    “A sharp knife never proclaims it’s sharpness to the world…but the first to fall against it becomes it’s advocate.”

You can put any face behind a mask but be careful cos someone else might be pretending. You might not be the only one with a secret -- Cassie/Gretel

Taj
    Credits
    the title what that have to do with anythinig ... just say they finally found him

smh

T-MAKAA
    Quote Originally Posted by Taj View Post
    the title what that have to do with anythinig ... just say they finally found him

smh
    He also suffered from past drug abuse problems, sickly mother, and the death of his father..recently.

Taj
    Credits
    "To the f-----g a--hole who told me to f--k off, it's been a good 28 years," Slater, 38, purred, cops said. "I've had it. That's it," he added, a passenger said.

The mad-as-hell steward grabbed a couple of brewskis and popped one open before activating the emergency exit, witnesses told airport employees.

After tossing his two carry-on bags on the slide, he followed them to the tarmac. : this is like a frickin movie. dude does have flair

Slater - who actually first started working for airlines 20 years ago, not 28 - then walked to the AirTrain, stripped off his company tie and flung it off as bemused passengers watched.

"I wish we could all quit our jobs like that," said passenger Phil Catelinet, 36, of Brooklyn, who was on the flight and the AirTrain.

"He seemed kind of happy about it. He was like, 'I just quit my job.' "

Port Authority police said it took jetBlue 25 minutes to report the incident, allowing Slater time to leave the scene. : good to know esp if there is a terrorist threat on that airline

Cops found him in bed with his boyfriend when they arrived to arrest him at a beachfront home in the Rockaways with a porch overlooking the Atlantic Ocean, sources said.

He boasted to skeptical cops that he really did escape by chute with his carry-on luggage.

"Oh, yes, I did! I threw them down first and I went down after," he told cops, sources said.

He was grinning as police walked him in handcuffs to a squad car. "He left with a big smile on his face," said neighbor Curt Karkowski.

Slater was wearing a sheepish smile when Port Authority detectives walked him to a waiting van a few hours later. He was charged with reckless endangerment and criminal mischief.

JetBlue would not say how long Slater had worked for the airline, but he wrote on his MySpace page that he was "enjoying being back in the skies" after a five-year break.

"I love to max it out with trips around the world, sometimes on a moment's notice!" he gushed.
    : this dude!
    Neighbors described Slater as a nice guy, but said he was under some stress. "Steven's mother is dying," said Judy Rochelle, whose son Kenny lives with Slater. "She has lung cancer. She's had two chemos and the prognosis is not good. They were on their way out to California this weekend to settle her affairs."
    Last edited by Taj; 08-10-2010 at 10:40 AM.

Credits
    Sounds like the sterotypical flaming gay dude.

@the article Taj posted.
    Our Queen went to sleep, her people left to weep....in song she lives on.

Long Live the Queen!

Taj
    Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by chinky eyes View Post
    Sounds like the sterotypical flaming gay dude.

@the article Taj posted.
    Yep

Girl for some reason I can see him doing a guest spot on that UsaNestwork show Royal Pains.

HankMed to the resue!

:::*** ~~~~00~~~~***::: ~Fleur-De-Lis~'s Avatar ~Fleur-De-Lis~ is offline
    Credits
    well yea...i figured he was gay... that's some drama queen type stuff right there.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast