Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Was in a Jamaican barbershop this evening and the topic of religion came up!.....

Question Was in a Jamaican barbershop this evening and the topic of religion came up!.....

I was in a Jamaican barbershop this evening and the topic of religion came up!

We got to the topic of talking about the popular religions in the various Caribbean islands and how it may affect people’s behaviour.

I made the mistake of bragging about how many religions we have in Trinidad and how we tended to celebrate each other’s religious holidays in T&T which is a healthy thing.

One of the Jamaican customers waiting for a haircut then stated that they don't like the Hindu religion with its Caste system and they have also heard that the religion sanctions Hindu men having sex with boys and men marrying girls under 13.

I was tempted to challenge the Jamaican customer on his assessment of the Hindu religion but then remembered that I have heard similar rumours.

So here is my question to the forum: Can anyone here who is more adept with the Hindu religion than myself please clarify if any of these rumours that the Hindu faith sanctions sex with young boys and marriage to young girls U13 or is this a practice that is done by a small minority but is not sanctioned by the Hindu faith?

We already know about stories about many Catholic priests taking advantage of their acolytes but I don't think that behaviour is sanctioned by the Catholic faith itself.

Many thanks for the feedback from the Hindu religion experts around here.

If I get the answers I can at least update the customers in the barbershop next weekend when I go to take my weekly haircut if the same topic comes back up.

in many civilizations, the those practices was done even in Africa, talk done.
    GREATNESS IS ALL I KNOW

Steups.
    Carib2 and NikkiGiovanni like this.

Quote Originally Posted by dollbabi View Post
    Steups.
    My sentiments exactly.

Fadda you make swag send you in Barbershop...

Are the rumours true or not? Where are the Hindu religion experts round here?

Quote Originally Posted by Garrison View Post
    Fadda you make swag send you in Barbershop...
    Does Swag send you to barbershops?

And if not then why assume that he sends other people?

Sometimes it’s better not to post if you don't have anything sensible to contribute on the topic.

Just a suggestion.

Quote Originally Posted by dollbabi View Post
    Steups.
    You seem to be more of an expert on the Hindu religion than most.
    Can you clarify on the question raised so I can enlighten the Jamaican customer on the topic if I see him at the barbershop in the future?

Quote Originally Posted by SWAGGERIFIC View Post
    in many civilizations, the those practices was done even in Africa, talk done.
    I was asking about the religious faith itself sanctioning that behavior rather than if the behavior has been present in many civilizations.

We all know perverts can be found in most countries but that was not the question.

Why not go on YouTube to get your answer

Quote Originally Posted by NikkiGiovanni View Post
    Why not go on YouTube to get your answer
    Why not stay out my threads and stop chasing behind my posts to have pointless ego-tripping arguments?

*ENTERS ROOM*

*COUGHS THEN EXISTS ROOM*

damn people ignorant boy. Yes all kinds of horrific things have been sanctions by all sorts of denominations of the Hindu faith.

The nuance though is that Hindus will tell you that there are as many Hindu faiths as there are Hindus. Indeed Hindu as a word is an old Islamic word for the totality of religions found on the indian subcontinent.

In this religion that is older than Ancient Rome, all kinds of fkked up sh!t happened. From religious sex with boys to sutees (burning widows alive in the cremation fires of their husbands).

It should be noted that when put into historical and timely context these occurrences are no different from nuns prostituting themselves for the catholic church or the church hiding their pedophilia for centuries or africans today believing they can cure themselves of AIDS by raping children(not making this up).

Do these things still happen in India, i'm sure they do but only because its a continent of a billion people with a literacy rate only slightly less than Jamaica. no shade though.
    This can't be the end.
    I'll see you again.
    Carnival Prayer

Quote Originally Posted by Socapro View Post
    Why not stay out my threads and stop chasing behind my posts to have pointless ego-tripping arguments?
    Lol...its only ego tripping to you because your ego got crushed. LMAO

my ego wasnt even present at all.

I never once referenced myself and my greatness. When my ego is present, its very obvious

Quote Originally Posted by bktrini305 View Post
    damn people ignorant boy. Yes all kinds of horrific things have been sanctions by all sorts of denominations of the Hindu faith.

The nuance though is that Hindus will tell you that there are as many Hindu faiths as there are Hindus. Indeed Hindu as a word is an old Islamic word for the totality of religions found on the indian subcontinent.

In this religion that is older than Ancient Rome, all kinds of fkked up sh!t happened. From religious sex with boys to sutees (burning widows alive in the cremation fires of their husbands).

It should be noted that when put into historical and timely context these occurrences are no different from nuns prostituting themselves for the catholic church or the church hiding their pedophilia for centuries or africans today believing they can cure themselves of AIDS by raping children(not making this up).

Do these things still happen in India, i'm sure they do but only because its a continent of a billion people with a literacy rate only slightly less than Jamaica. no shade though.
    So the lower your literacy rate the more you are inclined to juke little boys in the ass?
    Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication