Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Was in a Jamaican barbershop this evening and the topic of religion came up!.....

Credits

Question Was in a Jamaican barbershop this evening and the topic of religion came up!.....

I was in a Jamaican barbershop this evening and the topic of religion came up!

We got to the topic of talking about the popular religions in the various Caribbean islands and how it may affect people’s behaviour.

I made the mistake of bragging about how many religions we have in Trinidad and how we tended to celebrate each other’s religious holidays in T&T which is a healthy thing.

One of the Jamaican customers waiting for a haircut then stated that they don't like the Hindu religion with its Caste system and they have also heard that the religion sanctions Hindu men having sex with boys and men marrying girls under 13.

I was tempted to challenge the Jamaican customer on his assessment of the Hindu religion but then remembered that I have heard similar rumours.

So here is my question to the forum: Can anyone here who is more adept with the Hindu religion than myself please clarify if any of these rumours that the Hindu faith sanctions sex with young boys and marriage to young girls U13 or is this a practice that is done by a small minority but is not sanctioned by the Hindu faith?

We already know about stories about many Catholic priests taking advantage of their acolytes but I don't think that behaviour is sanctioned by the Catholic faith itself.

Many thanks for the feedback from the Hindu religion experts around here.

If I get the answers I can at least update the customers in the barbershop next weekend when I go to take my weekly haircut if the same topic comes back up.
    Catch me as Soca PhD Every Saturday 2-4pm GMT
    On www.GenesisRadio.co.uk (91.6FM);
    Every Tueday 6-8pm & Friday 8-10pm GMT
    On www.HavitLive.co.uk (99.1FM);
    www.facebook.com/socaphd
    email: projampro@yahoo.co.uk

Hailing from Trinidad & Tobago and very proud of it!!
    Land of Calypso, Steelband, Limbo, Parang, Rapso, Chutney-Soca, Soca, Jamoo, Panjazz and the Biggest, Best & Most Influential Caribbean Carnival in the World with no apology!
    Together We Aspire & Together We Achieve!!

Credits
    in many civilizations, the those practices was done even in Africa, talk done.
    GREATNESS IS ALL I KNOW

Credits
    Steups.
    Carib2 and NikkiGiovanni like this.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by dollbabi View Post
    Steups.
    My sentiments exactly.
    you ALL AGREE with my opinion, which is why NONE of you ever EFFECTIVELY DISPUTE IT

you ONLY have faith in the WOMEN'S ability to ELEVATE which is why you only FOCUS ON WOMEN...you ALL have long given up on Black men

you just don't have the BALLS to OVERTLY AGREE....rather just do it INDIRECTLY

weak men only can deal with weaker women

in the presence of strength you diminish...

Credits
    Fadda you make swag send you in Barbershop...

Credits
    Are the rumours true or not? Where are the Hindu religion experts round here?
    www.facebook.com/socaphd

Land of Calypso, Steelband, Limbo, Parang, Rapso, Chutney-Soca, Soca, Jamoo, Panjazz and the Biggest, Best & Most Influential Caribbean Carnival in the World with no apology!

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrison View Post
    Fadda you make swag send you in Barbershop...
    Does Swag send you to barbershops?

And if not then why assume that he sends other people?

Sometimes it’s better not to post if you don't have anything sensible to contribute on the topic.

Just a suggestion.
    www.facebook.com/socaphd

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by dollbabi View Post
    Steups.
    You seem to be more of an expert on the Hindu religion than most.
    Can you clarify on the question raised so I can enlighten the Jamaican customer on the topic if I see him at the barbershop in the future?
    www.facebook.com/socaphd

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by SWAGGERIFIC View Post
    in many civilizations, the those practices was done even in Africa, talk done.
    I was asking about the religious faith itself sanctioning that behavior rather than if the behavior has been present in many civilizations.

We all know perverts can be found in most countries but that was not the question.
    www.facebook.com/socaphd

Credits
    Why not go on YouTube to get your answer
    you ALL AGREE with my opinion, which is why NONE of you ever EFFECTIVELY DISPUTE IT

you ONLY have faith in the WOMEN'S ability to ELEVATE which is why you only FOCUS ON WOMEN...you ALL have long given up on Black men

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by NikkiGiovanni View Post
    Why not go on YouTube to get your answer
    Why not stay out my threads and stop chasing behind my posts to have pointless ego-tripping arguments?
    www.facebook.com/socaphd

Credits
    *ENTERS ROOM*

*COUGHS THEN EXISTS ROOM*

Credits
    damn people ignorant boy. Yes all kinds of horrific things have been sanctions by all sorts of denominations of the Hindu faith.

The nuance though is that Hindus will tell you that there are as many Hindu faiths as there are Hindus. Indeed Hindu as a word is an old Islamic word for the totality of religions found on the indian subcontinent.

In this religion that is older than Ancient Rome, all kinds of fkked up sh!t happened. From religious sex with boys to sutees (burning widows alive in the cremation fires of their husbands).

It should be noted that when put into historical and timely context these occurrences are no different from nuns prostituting themselves for the catholic church or the church hiding their pedophilia for centuries or africans today believing they can cure themselves of AIDS by raping children(not making this up).

Do these things still happen in India, i'm sure they do but only because its a continent of a billion people with a literacy rate only slightly less than Jamaica. no shade though.
    This can't be the end.
    I'll see you again.
    Carnival Prayer

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Socapro View Post
    Why not stay out my threads and stop chasing behind my posts to have pointless ego-tripping arguments?
    Lol...its only ego tripping to you because your ego got crushed. LMAO

my ego wasnt even present at all.

I never once referenced myself and my greatness. When my ego is present, its very obvious

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by bktrini305 View Post
    damn people ignorant boy. Yes all kinds of horrific things have been sanctions by all sorts of denominations of the Hindu faith.

The nuance though is that Hindus will tell you that there are as many Hindu faiths as there are Hindus. Indeed Hindu as a word is an old Islamic word for the totality of religions found on the indian subcontinent.

In this religion that is older than Ancient Rome, all kinds of fkked up sh!t happened. From religious sex with boys to sutees (burning widows alive in the cremation fires of their husbands).

It should be noted that when put into historical and timely context these occurrences are no different from nuns prostituting themselves for the catholic church or the church hiding their pedophilia for centuries or africans today believing they can cure themselves of AIDS by raping children(not making this up).

Do these things still happen in India, i'm sure they do but only because its a continent of a billion people with a literacy rate only slightly less than Jamaica. no shade though.
    So the lower your literacy rate the more you are inclined to juke little boys in the ass?
    Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast