Page 1 of 18 12311 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 256

Thread: Jamaica Culture One Of The Most Attractive...

  1. #1
    Registered User Fiyah's Avatar Fiyah is offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    29,059
    Credits
    35,340

    Jamaica Culture One Of The Most Attractive...

    In the world?! What is it about Jamaican culture that seems to grab people's attention and is so easily turned into the next fad. I mean our dances, our sayings and slangs, our colours and fashions, everything... Wih likkle but wih tallawah!

  2. #2
    Registered User RotiKing2004eva is offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2000
    Location
    Somewhere warm
    Posts
    13,140
    Credits
    1,598,656
    You guys don't wanna be like nobody else sometimes....( except when imitating NYC americans ).

    Trinis try to be Jamaican and think its cool...other islands too..

    That's what makes the black American culture from NYC Atlanta or the West Coast attractive, they don't try to be like nobody else...and Jamaicans just wanna be Jamaican.

    Plus the way you guys love weed makes it 'cool'.

  3. #3
    Happiness Consultant Jahpikne's Avatar Jahpikne is offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Beating the Kette Drums inna NYC
    Posts
    26,745
    Credits
    1,089,332
    We're special people

    We have our own style ,confident and we think for ourselves, make our own decisons and formulate our own opinions.

    Jamaicans full ah style & well versatile

  4. #4
    Registered User Fiyah's Avatar Fiyah is offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    29,059
    Credits
    35,340
    Quote Originally Posted by RotiKing2004eva
    You guys don't wanna be like nobody else sometimes....( except when imitating NYC americans ).

    Trinis try to be Jamaican and think its cool...other islands too..

    That's what makes the black American culture from NYC Atlanta or the West Coast attractive, they don't try to be like nobody else...and Jamaicans just wanna be Jamaican.

    Plus the way you guys love weed makes it 'cool'.
    But is not we alone love weed. Yuh right about the other islands though... because at first I thought it was the uniqueness of being from the islands... but then the other islands seem just as into Jamaican style as the next.

  5. #5
    Happiness Consultant Jahpikne's Avatar Jahpikne is offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Beating the Kette Drums inna NYC
    Posts
    26,745
    Credits
    1,089,332
    Also although Wi island small Wi seem tuh always hav someone ah dominate even fi its ah likkle while it happens in certain sports. Ppl mus wonder how dem island so small but full of athletes

  6. #6
    Registered User Fiyah's Avatar Fiyah is offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    29,059
    Credits
    35,340

  7. #7
    Registered User Fiyah's Avatar Fiyah is offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    29,059
    Credits
    35,340
    Quote Originally Posted by Jahpikne
    Also although Wi island small Wi see tuh always hav someone ah dominate even fi its ah likkle it happens in certain sports. Ppl mus wonder how dem island so small but full of athletes
    We definately have a knack for producing some of the greatest athletes in the World. Must be something in the water.

  8. #8
    Retired Imixer JACHINYGAL is offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Look see
    Posts
    4,793
    Credits
    1,011,234
    Quote Originally Posted by Fiyah
    DEADDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD!!!!

  9. #9
    Tek yie fram mi curry... jamaica's Avatar jamaica is offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Hampton, VA
    Posts
    778
    Credits
    1,006,110
    Mi nuh know a wamek some ah di people dem a 'falla fashen' suh, but it WELL ANNOYING fi walk rung and see gold, black,and green dis and gold, black, and green dat. Lawd a mercy. I understand that plenty people want to take an interest in the culture, but LEARN and UNDERSTAND before yuh just a galang and rep di colours mi mercy.


    *Flashback*

    I was walking around my campus a few months back and see one girl YAAD DUNG bwai! I mean the girl had gold, black and green EVERYTHING, complete with a flag dangling from her back pocket. So (naturally :) ), mi uh bawl out 'YAADIE!!! YAAAAADIE!!!!' Lawd have mercy di ooman mussa look at me like mi did a gwaan bad caa she did cut har eye dem inna way *shame*. So, I run up to her and asked her which part of Jamaican she come from.

    Lourd knows *shame again eh*, she tell me in this raw, uncut North Carolinian accent that she didn't even know where Jamaica was, and she just liked the colours. I wasn't offended...just mildly shocked. A next girl a wear di flag pan her head top. Upon asking here which part a yahd she come from, she responds with, 'Oh, my father is from Jamaica. I think he's from Port Author or Port...uum...Port something'.

    Tis a fad now eh. Most people think Jamaica is just music and marry-ju-wanna (mi nuh blame dem, tis what dem a see pan di tv with Sean paul stiff ass a talk bout blazin and willie bouncin).

    The guys on my campus grew locs and thought they were ras. So a wha dem do? Light up dem spliff and bump some Bob Marley chune and a claim seh dem a Jamaican. I ALWAYS walk up to dem and talk raw (is Manchester I come fram yes LOL) patois. Tis annoying.

  10. #10
    Empress CalypsoQueen83's Avatar CalypsoQueen83 is offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Entering Zion
    Posts
    2,937
    Credits
    1,006,064
    I must say Jamaican culture is alot more mainstream than the culture of other islands, this is what makes it popular in the United states and abroad. If you ask an American to name any two famous westindian artists, who are they gonna name, Bob Marley and Sean Paul. Guess you guys just have it like that huh?

  11. #11
    Kiz
    Registered User Kiz's Avatar Kiz is offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    On top yuh man
    Posts
    29,572
    Credits
    1,044,600
    just adding some red, black and white to dis post......too much green, gold and black in here

  12. #12
    Registered User Fiyah's Avatar Fiyah is offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    29,059
    Credits
    35,340
    Quote Originally Posted by CalypsoQueen83
    I must say Jamaican culture is alot more mainstream than the culture of other islands, this is what makes it popular in the United states and abroad. If you ask an American to name any two famous westindian artists, who are they gonna name, Bob Marley and Sean Paul. Guess you guys just have it like that huh?
    Mainstream? Far from... our culture is adopted into mainstream but I would never call it mainstream.

  13. #13
    Registered User Fiyah's Avatar Fiyah is offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    29,059
    Credits
    35,340
    Quote Originally Posted by Trinikiz
    just adding some red, black and white to dis post......too much green, gold and black in here
    Thanks Kiz...

  14. #14
    Closet Exhibitionist Dancer's Avatar Dancer is offline
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Washington D.C.
    Posts
    5,507
    Credits
    35,555
    Quote Originally Posted by Trinikiz
    just adding some red, black and white to dis post......too much green, gold and black in here
    LOL

  15. #15
    Happiness Consultant Jahpikne's Avatar Jahpikne is offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Beating the Kette Drums inna NYC
    Posts
    26,745
    Credits
    1,089,332
    Quote Originally Posted by jamaica
    Mi nuh know a wamek some ah di people dem a 'falla fashen' suh, but it WELL ANNOYING fi walk rung and see gold, black,and green dis and gold, black, and green dat. Lawd a mercy. I understand that plenty people want to take an interest in the culture, but LEARN and UNDERSTAND before yuh just a galang and rep di colours mi mercy.


    *Flashback*

    I was walking around my campus a few months back and see one girl YAAD DUNG bwai! I mean the girl had gold, black and green EVERYTHING, complete with a flag dangling from her back pocket. So (naturally :) ), mi uh bawl out 'YAADIE!!! YAAAAADIE!!!!' Lawd have mercy di ooman mussa look at me like mi did a gwaan bad caa she did cut har eye dem inna way *shame*. So, I run up to her and asked her which part of Jamaican she come from.

    Lourd knows *shame again eh*, she tell me in this raw, uncut North Carolinian accent that she didn't even know where Jamaica was, and she just liked the colours. I wasn't offended...just mildly shocked. A next girl a wear di flag pan her head top. Upon asking here which part a yahd she come from, she responds with, 'Oh, my father is from Jamaica. I think he's from Port Author or Port...uum...Port something'.

    Tis a fad now eh. Most people think Jamaica is just music and marry-ju-wanna (mi nuh blame dem, tis what dem a see pan di tv with Sean paul stiff ass a talk bout blazin and willie bouncin).

    The guys on my campus grew locs and thought they were ras. So a wha dem do? Light up dem spliff and bump some Bob Marley chune and a claim seh dem a Jamaican. I ALWAYS walk up to dem and talk raw (is Manchester I come fram yes LOL) patois. Tis annoying.
    when wi hot wi hot

    nothing is funnier then when I went to Trinidad and saw this guy in insomnia with a Jamaica shirt on so naturally I go up to him to big up another yardie . So I ask him which part of JA he from he said he's not Jamaican he's Bajan.

Page 1 of 18 12311 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •