Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 67
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Jagdeo acquired more wealth in office than any other Guyanese President – AFC Chairma

  1. #31
    Registered User Seawall's Avatar Seawall is offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    maryland
    Posts
    4,328
    Credits
    11,321,991
    Quote Originally Posted by SWAGGERIFIC View Post
    Seawall, u seem to have a one sided view the the situation in Guyana leading from the 1960' to now. The Indians are not the only ones who made the country a divisive one, Blacks have not been the only victims of racism and favoritism in Guyana over the years.
    Incorrect, I simply counter the PPP narrative that they were the only ones that were being victimized during the PNC years. Furthermore, Burnham was installed by the imperialists, not Guyanese people. However, in Guyana's racialized society, he has become a symbol (though false) of African criminality and brutality against Indians. Anyway, I will be in the country next week for a funeral so I'll be accessing the situation while yamming every fruit in season.
    "Every onlooker is either a coward or a traitor." — Frantz Fanon

    “If there is no struggle, there is no progress. Those who profess to favor freedom, and yet depreciate agitation, are men who want crops without plowing up the ground. They want rain without thunder and lightning. They want the ocean without the awful roar of its many waters.” Frederick Douglass

  2. #32
    Norman SWAGGERIFIC is offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    NEW YORK
    Posts
    17,206
    Credits
    101,493,621
    Quote Originally Posted by kidray View Post

    1)So you are saying to me in Colonial days Indians people were not giving preference over black as far as land ownership and it's pricing.

    This is not true, Blacks left the plantations a long time, Indians were on the plantations for a long time, this is how they inherited the land. I am not sure about how things went down in Guyana but in Trinidad, but we had large migrations of Blacks from up the islands and they squatted on lands when they came, that is why a lot of them are landless or own small plots of land.

    2)So your saying that the White colonial Slave masters were at the least "Fair" towards black people and treated them just as "Nicely as " Indians folks

    Ok Trinidad whites, Blacks, portugese and even the Chinese were in Trinidad before the Indians, they had already developed a creole culture and were already familiar with each other and then the Indians came. I am not saying that everything was perfect between Black and whites, but Indians were not as integrated into society and surely were not given any favoritism treatment by the whites. This is not the first time I am hearing this false notion. The Indians, specifically the Hindu Indians did not want their children to go the school with Blacks. Alot of Indians did not even send their children to school until the Canadians came in and started opening Presbyterian schools for them. The whites and Blacks ill treated and maligned Indians at one point.


    3)U acknowledged that currently Indians are better off than blacks.Where do you think this process began?

    Indians are better off than Blacks financially, yes, this process developed in earnest in the 1970's. The Blacks were no longer as motivated after Black power, we studied less, we did not work as hard and became comfortable, back in the 50's and 60's, most of the scholars were Black, then we saw the Indians started to come into the fold more. This process was cemented with the rise of Panday, Indians were given a moral boast, from then on they felt like they could truly rise to the highest point in society.

    4)Explain to me why then,please put me to shame.
    explained and could explain further if you want me to
    GREATNESS IS ALL I KNOW

  3. #33
    Registered User kidray is offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    canada
    Posts
    415
    Credits
    1,300,705
    Quote Originally Posted by SWAGGERIFIC View Post
    explained and could explain further if you want me to

    Please read the Article link
    Paragraph 7 and 8 to be specific
    When slavery was abolish they blacks man were free, but they still had to buy the land that they owned.it was not given freely

    Squatting was and is illegal up to this day.The black people in TNT felt marginalized because they felt as through Indian were taking over their jobs,

    U make it seem as if " black people did not need goods and service from the white man at any time"

    Being a free man does not mean that ever thing comes free.

    plantation owners marginalized the black because they felt that the abolishish of slavery was unfair towards them,now they had to get new laborers and it would cost them more.Because of this they had a vendetta against the Africans.

    Indenture labor were normally allow to work for at least 5 yrs and then they can go back to there countries or origin or stay.They had to pay for these lands that were made into village or town and so on.

    the only freed slaves who received grants of land in Trinidad were those who had fought on the side of the British in the 1813 war in Virginia. They were given land in an area South of Princes Town known today as Fourth Company, Fifth Company and Sixth Company.

    It seem to me that you what to have one of those barber shop conversations.Trinidad and Tobago's Newsday : newsday.co.tt :


    http://www2.nalis.gov.tt/Research/Su...eContentID=224

  4. #34
    where de crix Oneshot's Avatar Oneshot is offline
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Brick City, NJ
    Posts
    24,668
    Credits
    40,160,677
    Caricom is a pumm pumm organisation seriously.. all of these PM's enriching themselves and no one is bothered.

  5. #35
    NaturalBornRidah
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by kidray View Post

    Please read the Articule link

    When slavery was abolish they blacks man were free, but they still had to buy the land that they owned.it was not given freely

    Squatting was and is illegal up to this day.The black people in TNT felt marginalized because they felt as through Indian were taking over their jobs,

    U make it seem as if " black people did not need good and service from the white man at any time"

    Being a free man does not mean that ever thing comes free.

    plantation owners marginalized the black because they felt that the abolishish of slavery was unfair towards them,now they had to get new laborers and it would cost them more.Because of this they had a vendetta against the Africans.

    Indenture labor were normally allow to work for at least 5 yrs and then they can go back to there countries or origin or stay.They had to play for these lands that were made into village or town and so on.

    the only freed slaves who received grants of land in Trinidad were those who had fought on the side of the British in the 1813 war in Virginia. They were given land in an area South of Princes Town known today as Fourth Company, Fifth Company and Sixth Company.

    It seem to me that you what to have one of those barber shop conversions.Trinidad and Tobago's Newsday : newsday.co.tt :
    The difference between Guyana and Trinidad was that , there were just as much black indentured servants going to Trinidad as Indian indentured servants, mind you these blacks coming to Trinidad were from other islands...Trinidad was never a major sugar producing country during colonial slavery nor did it have a significant black population then...Other blacks on other Caribbean islands faced the same problem of finding residence and work,after slavery many of them traveled working as Logies on sugar estates ... some traded their labor for capital and some for a rent....
    There were some blacks that were indentured servants going to Guyana the difference was many were from Africa, east and west.

  6. #36
    Registered User kidray is offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    canada
    Posts
    415
    Credits
    1,300,705
    Quote Originally Posted by NaturalBornRidah View Post
    The difference between Guyana and Trinidad was that , there were just as much black indentured servants going to Trinidad as Indian indentured servants, mind you these blacks coming to Trinidad were from other islands...Trinidad was never a major sugar producing country during colonial slavery nor did it have a significant black population then...Other blacks on other Caribbean islands faced the same problem of finding residence and work,after slavery many of them traveled working as Logies on sugar estates ... some traded their labor for capital and some for a rent....
    There were some blacks that were indentured servants going to Guyana the difference was many were from Africa, east and west.
    How many black indentured laborers came from Africa to guyana after abolishing of slavery.U said that there was just as many black indentured laborers going to TNT as Indian IL


    Would you say that black people in Trinidad were at a disadvantage vs Indian people.

    Do think historical in Guyana and TNT Slave masters had Resented African because they felt that slavery abolishing destroyed their plans?

    Do you think that Indians owning more land than blacks in any shape or fashion goes back to colonial days.

  7. #37
    Norman SWAGGERIFIC is offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    NEW YORK
    Posts
    17,206
    Credits
    101,493,621
    Quote Originally Posted by NaturalBornRidah View Post
    The difference between Guyana and Trinidad was that , there were just as much black indentured servants going to Trinidad as Indian indentured servants, mind you these blacks coming to Trinidad were from other islands...Trinidad was never a major sugar producing country during colonial slavery nor did it have a significant black population then...Other blacks on other Caribbean islands faced the same problem of finding residence and work,after slavery many of them traveled working as Logies on sugar estates ... some traded their labor for capital and some for a rent....
    There were some blacks that were indentured servants going to Guyana the difference was many were from Africa, east and west.
    WRONG! lol, you guys keep making faulty statements, I only have to laugh. There were never as much Black indentured servants as Indians, we had around 117,000 Indentured Indians come to Trinidad from 1845-1917, a lot of the Blacks who migrated from the islands did not come to work on the plantations but in the oil fields, civil service, teaching service etc. Yes some worked on the plantation post slavery but to say the same amount of Blacks came as indentured as Indians is a misleading statement.

    We also had some indentured Blacks coming from Sierra Leone and other parts of Africa, but the numbers for that period does not add up to the East Indian numbers.
    GREATNESS IS ALL I KNOW

  8. #38
    Norman SWAGGERIFIC is offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    NEW YORK
    Posts
    17,206
    Credits
    101,493,621
    Quote Originally Posted by kidray View Post
    How many black indentured laborers came from Africa to guyana after abolishing of slavery.U said that there was just as many black indentured laborers going to TNT as Indian IL


    Would you say that black people in Trinidad were at a disadvantage vs Indian people.

    Do think historical in Guyana and TNT Slave masters had Resented African because they felt that slavery abolishing destroyed their plans?

    Do you think that Indians owning more land than blacks in any shape or fashion goes back to colonial days.
    that makes no sense
    GREATNESS IS ALL I KNOW

  9. #39
    Registered User kidray is offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    canada
    Posts
    415
    Credits
    1,300,705
    Quote Originally Posted by SWAGGERIFIC View Post
    that makes no sense
    Trinidad and Tobago's Newsday : newsday.co.tt :

    Please read the link ,then talk to me again.This is not a barber shop let us have smart productive dialog.

    Paragraphs 7 and 8 specifically

  10. #40
    Registered User kidray is offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    canada
    Posts
    415
    Credits
    1,300,705
    Quote Originally Posted by SWAGGERIFIC View Post
    that makes no sense
    It's makes no sense to you,U would rather talk about Drinking or liming eh.It's a legitimate question.

  11. #41
    Norman SWAGGERIFIC is offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    NEW YORK
    Posts
    17,206
    Credits
    101,493,621
    Quote Originally Posted by kidray View Post
    It's makes no sense to you,U would rather talk about Drinking or liming eh.It's a legitimate question.
    they were not at a disadvantage compared to the Indians, I could show u how they turned their advantage into a disadvantage recently.

    you only have one legitimate point via that Newsday article and its not a matter of favoring the Indians over the Blacks but a matter of changing of policies in England and how they dealt with who remained on the plantations.
    GREATNESS IS ALL I KNOW

  12. #42
    Registered User kidray is offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    canada
    Posts
    415
    Credits
    1,300,705
    http://sta.uwi.edu/resources/speeche...EMANC_LECT.pdf


    This a article is from

    from Bridget Brereton
    University of the West Indies
    St Augustine
    Trinidad & Tobago


    Check page 11 the last paragrah

  13. #43
    Registered User kidray is offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    canada
    Posts
    415
    Credits
    1,300,705
    Quote Originally Posted by SWAGGERIFIC View Post
    they were not at a disadvantage compared to the Indians, I could show u how they turned their advantage into a disadvantage recently.

    you only have one legitimate point via that Newsday article and its not a matter of favoring the Indians over the Blacks but a matter of changing of policies in England and how they dealt with who remained on the plantations.
    The Except for a tiny handful of abolitionists, no-one suggested that the freed people deserved any compensation in cash or land.They had a vendetta again the black people because slavery was abolished ...NO more free labor....Now Paid labour get it Fack


    The UWI article clearly states the facts.Why were the Slave owners paid instead of the Slaves?.U are a stupid guy

  14. #44
    Norman SWAGGERIFIC is offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    NEW YORK
    Posts
    17,206
    Credits
    101,493,621
    Quote Originally Posted by kidray View Post
    The Except for a tiny handful of abolitionists, no-one suggested that the freed people deserved any compensation in cash or land.They had a vendetta again the black people because slavery was abolished ...NO more free....Now Paid labour get it Fack


    The UWI article clearly states that England.Why were the Slave owners paid instead of the Slaves?.U are a stupid guy
    would deal with u later when I reach back home, none of what u say adding up to favoritism, but policy and different circumstances, u foolish Guyanese.
    GREATNESS IS ALL I KNOW

  15. #45
    Registered User kidray is offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    canada
    Posts
    415
    Credits
    1,300,705
    @SWAGGERIFIC

    You are just mad because I exposed you for being a stupid CVnt.This is not a barber shop hoss,U have not provided me with no piece of credible documentation.I feel bad for U.U cannot disputed the UWI articule and the news day Article.

    Indians were given a Jump start,Africans were left with nothing.What other than favoritism can you call that? policy? please

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •