Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Jagdeo acquired more wealth in office than any other Guyanese President – AFC Chairma

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by kidray View Post
    Every countries where You will find 2 major racial groups u will find division.Trinidad is just as divided as Guyana, Trinidad does a better job of masking the division.When the black folks used to run the country ,Indians pple accused them of trying to turn TNT in a "Black state" now the blacks are "saying how Indians are trying to make an "Indian State" .Indian pple run thing in TNT financial so is the case in guyana,it is not always through honest means,Such case can be made for some black folks too in TNT and Guyana.

You are probably one of those Trinis that have this "Carnival mentality" or a false sense of Cooperation ..."Indian pple and black people like soca,Carnival, drinking & liming therefore we are United...Plus TNT have have real Douglas" Unity goes beyond shaking your ass on the street for your information.They should divide TNT in two except for "Carnival time"
    who said Trinidad united?
    GREATNESS IS ALL I KNOW

Credits
    Every countries where You will find 2 major racial groups u will find division.Trinidad is just as divided as Guyana, Trinidad does a better job of masking the division.When the black folks used to run the country ,Indians pple accused them of trying to turn TNT in a "Black state" now the blacks are "saying how Indians are trying to make an "Indian State" .Indian pple run thing in TNT financial so is the case in guyana,it is not always through honest means,Such case can be made for some black folks too in TNT and Guyana.

You are probably one of those Trinis that have this "Carnival mentality" or a false sense of Cooperation ..."Indian pple and black people like soca,Carnival, drinking & liming therefore we are United...Plus TNT have have real Douglas" Unity goes beyond shaking your ass on the street for your information.They should divide TNT in two except for "Carnival time"
    this is a half truth, the Syrian Lebanese control 50% of Trinidad's wealth, not the Indians. so dont make statements if u doh know what u talking bout.
    GREATNESS IS ALL I KNOW

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by SWAGGERIFIC View Post
    split it in three then
    Lol smh

NaturalBornRidah
    Quote Originally Posted by Seawall View Post
    Wrong! Blacks started the WPA and were in the forefront of the opposition. African people have been fighting the power structure ever since we were brought to Guyana. Africans in GT aren't as tribal as Indians. Maybe we would be better off if we were.
    You are not being completely descriptive with story, there was a contingency of blacks who opposed the PNC but obviously they(WPA) didn't get enough support(from GT blacks) . In fact, many blacks still have the nerve to slander the WPAs name today.
    It is very foolish for blacks in Guyana to still support the PNC especially after their track record,why resuscitate the PNC when they are powerless and have already done damage to the country...whats worse is to blur the lines between the two political parties ...since the ideologies and philosophies were so different... if blacks realize which groups are keeping them stagnated,they will not fall victim to the PPP.
    Thats not to forget PNC and Burnham was once part of the PPP.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by NaturalBornRidah View Post
    You are not being completely descriptive with story, there was a contingency of blacks who opposed the PNC but obviously they(WPA) didn't get enough support(from GT blacks) . In fact many of them have the nerve to still slander the WPAs name today.
    It is very foolish for blacks in Guyana to still support the PNC especially after their track record,why resuscitate the PNC through APNU when they powerless and have already done their damage in the country,whats worse is to blur the lines between the two political parties ,since the ideologies and philosophies were so different, if blacks realize which groups are keeping them stagnated,they will not fall victim to the PPP.
    Thats not to forget PNC was once part of the PPP.

I've been told that the WPA's platform was not "grassroots" enough for many of its potential supporters.
    "Every onlooker is either a coward or a traitor." — Frantz Fanon

“If there is no struggle, there is no progress. Those who profess to favor freedom, and yet depreciate agitation, are men who want crops without plowing up the ground. They want rain without thunder and lightning. They want the ocean without the awful roar of its many waters.” Frederick Douglass

NaturalBornRidah
    I've been told that the WPA's platform was not "grassroots" enough for many of its potential supporters.
    Grassroots enough for what though, why do you even need to be grassroots to do anything, all they need to do was get them out the way.

Credits
    this is a half truth, the Syrian Lebanese control 50% of Trinidad's wealth, not the Indians. so dont make statements if u doh know what u talking bout.
    It seems to me that you have a problem with the English language in terms of understanding.Indian people who are born Trinidadians own more than black people who are born Trinidadian.I never made reference to Lebanese or Syrians Smh

To put things into context to help you for agreement sake"let's assume that what you said about Syrian/Lebanese controlling 50% of the wealth is true(100% - 50% =50%)

These is 50 % left over,out of this 50% left over Indians own more of the wealth than black folk. smh

Credits
    It seems to me that you have a problem with the English language in terms of understanding.Indian people who are born Trinidadians own more than black people who are born Trinidadian.I never made reference to Lebanese or Syrians Smh

To put things into context to help you for agreement sake"let's assume that what you said about Syrian/Lebanese controlling 50% of the wealth is true(100% - 50% =50%)

These is 50 % left over,out of this 50% left over Indians own more of the wealth than black folk. smh
    no, thats not what u said at first, u said Indians run things financially, now do ur research and I will show u how the Syrians have both the Indians and Africans eating out of the palm of their hands.
    GREATNESS IS ALL I KNOW

Credits
    no, thats not what u said at first, u said Indians run things financially, now do ur research and I will show u how the Syrians have both the Indians and Africans eating out of the palm of their hands.
    For Agreement sake lets put aside the Lebanese and Syrian per say.Who do you think is better off Black or Indians,you are free to provide proof,but I know the answer.

assuming that you are right,If what your saying is true about Syrians/lebanese controlling things who would they give preference to in terms of job or financial opportunities Blacks or Indians

Credits
    For Agreement sake lets put aside the Lebanese and Syrian per say.Who do you think is better off Black or Indians,you are free to provide proof,but I know the answer.

assuming that you are right,If what your saying is true about Syrians controlling thing who would they give preference to in terms of job or financial opportunities.
    Indians as a whole better off financially, but the Indian wealth is overstated because the Indian wealth is in the hands of a few. There are a lot of more deeply impoverished Indians in the rural areas.

The Syrians care about themselves, particularly their families. They give funding to both the Indian and African political parties so they are never on the losing end, they do not make their decisions based on who they favor, they do things based on how it benefits THEMSELVES.
    GREATNESS IS ALL I KNOW

Credits
    Seems like the PPP mafia have hit Imix.
    Seawall, u seem to have a one sided view the the situation in Guyana leading from the 1960' to now. The Indians are not the only ones who made the country a divisive one, Blacks have not been the only victims of racism and favoritism in Guyana over the years.
    Sankat likes this.
    GREATNESS IS ALL I KNOW

Credits
    Indians as a whole better off financially, but the Indian wealth is overstated because the Indian wealth is in the hands of a few. There are a lot of more deeply impoverished Indians in the rural areas.

The Syrians care about themselves, particularly their families. They give funding to both the Indian and African political parties so they are never on the losing end, they do not make their decisions based on who they favor, they do things based on how it benefits THEMSELVES.
    it's not just about Syrians and Lebanese per say,assuming that you are right.Indians have been better off than blacks since Colonial days.The Plantation owners hated the Indians but they hated the blacks more.It was much much easier for Indian to get a piece of land than a black man.It much easier for a Indian to get a loan to start a business in Guyana and TNT.

Credits
    it not just about Syrians and Lebanese per say assuming that you are right.Indians have been better off that black since Colonial days.The Plantation owners hated the Indians but they hated the blacks more.It was much much easier for Indian to get a piece of land than a black man.It much easier for a Indian to get a loan to start a business in Guyana and TNT.
    this is such a false generalised statement, maybe this happened in Guyana but not Trinidad and I could give a long explanation why

and no Indians have not been better off than Blacks since colonial days, at least not in Trinidad, something is wrong with your brains
    GREATNESS IS ALL I KNOW

Credits
    this is such a false generalised statement, maybe this happened in Guyana but not Trinidad and I could give a long explanation why

and no Indians have not been better off than Blacks since colonial days, at least not in Trinidad, something is wrong with your brains
    1)So you are saying to me in Colonial days Indians people were not giving preference over black as far as land ownership and it's pricing.

2)So your saying that the White colonial Slave masters were at the least "Fair" towards black people and treated them just as "Nicely as " Indians folks

3)U acknowledged that currently Indians are better off than blacks.Where do you think this process began?

4)Explain to me why then,please put me to shame.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by NaturalBornRidah View Post
    Grassroots enough for what though, why do you even need to be grassroots to do anything, all they need to do was get them out the way.
    Their message was too intellectual for the common folk. And I suspect that some weren't ready for Rodney's multiracial agenda.
    "Every onlooker is either a coward or a traitor." — Frantz Fanon

“If there is no struggle, there is no progress. Those who profess to favor freedom, and yet depreciate agitation, are men who want crops without plowing up the ground. They want rain without thunder and lightning. They want the ocean without the awful roar of its many waters.” Frederick Douglass

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast