Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Jack Warner: Tobago voted basis on race.

Credits

Arrow Jack Warner: Tobago voted basis on race.

Warner: 'Tribal' votes

United National Congress (UNC) chairman and National Security Minister Jack Warner has said the people of Tobago voted on the basis of "tribal instincts" and the fear that a "Calcutta" ship was coming.

In a statement issued yesterday in his capacity as UNC chairman, Warner said: "The results of the THA (Tobago House of Assembly) election reflect how palpable the notion of fear among the African population can be. With very little to show from a party they have supported; a party that has neglected and overlooked them, Tobagonians still chose to remain with their political abusers."

Warner said all the People's National Movement (PNM) had to do was "resort to their age-old tactic of instilling fear that some other group would take away the little they had, and the tribal instincts did the rest".

Noting that there was nothing to show for the $22 billion spent by the PNM THA, Warner said the PNM did not seek nor did not have to seek to show Tobagonainss how much they gave to Tobago.

He said the PNM did not have to sell any vision of a better life for Tobagonians. "Their theme was simply that 'a Calcutta ship' was coming for them and so they needed to stand in defence of Tobago. That was it. Fear trumped a better future," Warner stated.

"It is the same reason why Laventille, with so little given by past PNM administrations, would yet support the party regardless. The tribe is all they have been convinced is needed to be protected," he said.

Warner said the task of "emancipation from mental slavery" is large. "How can we get them to understand that the appeal to tribal instincts alone with nothing else in the offing is not in their best interest? How can we encourage them to look for more from their leaders? How can we inspire their self-determination?" he said.

He said the time had come for introspection on "how we are perceived". He said there was a need to unite people against those "who do not represent them, but imprison them by using fear and tribalism even in this day and age when a black man, with the name Barack Hussein Obama, has just been inaugurated as the 44th President of the United States...

"It is time for us to revisit how we achieve the liberation of our people from the insularity they have been captive to, for far too long. We are all in this together. Good luck Tobago and congratulations to all the winners," he said.

Congress of the People chairman Carolyn Seepersad-Bachan, speaking in a telephone interview last night, said she did not think Tobagonians voted on the basis of race.

She said it was more an issue of the Tobago Organisation of the People maintaining a separate identity while being part of the People's Partnership coalition.

She said Tobago had always demonstrated it would vote for a party that would support its autonomy and would not compromise its interests. "I don't believe it was an issue of race. It was an issue of identity," she said.
    Man ah Barbeerian bound tuh be by de bar beer in meh hand beastly cold.

Credits
    sorry for the dumb question, but is this the same Jack Warner from FIFA?

Credits
    *sigh*
    Living like Peggy, plotting like Joan

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Oneshot View Post
    sorry for the dumb question, but is this the same Jack Warner from FIFA?
    Yes he is the same scamp from Fifa.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Naughtyshawtie View Post
    *sigh*
    Like warner forget how the PP won de elections?

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by notorious saga View Post
    Like warner forget how the PP won de elections?
    thats what i dont understand...anytime black ppl vote for PNM is tribal and racist but when indian ppl vote for UNC it's just them doing what is right...steups...
    ladyrastafari and Socapro like this.

Credits
    thats what i dont understand...anytime black ppl vote for PNM is tribal and racist but when indian ppl vote for UNC it's just them doing what is right...steups...
    What I dont understand is that this is the same Tobago ppl that elect the TOP to 2 seats in the General Election in 2010, how can they be racist now 3 years later, Warner full of shitt. Everything he, Anand Ramlogan and Prakash said since the election is just gonna make the PP and Top never win in Tobago again. They have another shock coming to them later this year in the local government election
    Socapro likes this.
    ..look how the sun now raising up and the crowd now waking up, the atmosphere have vibes and nothing cant break it up......

Credits
    Trinidad's own Pastor Manning.

Remember these are the same people in Tobago that gave the indian led PP government two seats in the general elections. To turn around now and say these things about those people is just extremely insulting.

I heard very sensible explanations from the people on call in radio stations.

1. they didn't like the circus atmosphere that the central government brought to campaign...with all the rumours and he said she said bachannalia that is always present in tnt elections.

2. they didn't like the PM taking over the campaign and running it like they do back in tnt.

3. they were inclined to protect their son of the soil (rowley) from attacks from the PP folks from the other island....this goes for orville london as well.

4. if the central gov had stayed in tnt and let Ashford Jack run his own campaign in tobago they would have done better.

5. Its not all tribal because warner himself is black and so to is jack. Remember jack has been representing his district for 16 years...now even he was kicked out.

these are all plausible explanations. why did Jack Warner feel the need to attack these people like that?

Forget about all the corruption stuff just by his crass behavior,Jack Warner is clearly unfit to be a government minister.
    I hath 9 and 90 tribulations and nary a one doth concern a wench!

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by dedetriniking View Post
    Trinidad's own Pastor Manning.

Remember these are the same people in Tobago that gave the indian led PP government two seats in the general elections. To turn around now and say these things about those people is just extremely insulting.

I heard very sensible explanations from the people on call in radio stations.

1. they didn't like the circus atmosphere that the central government brought to campaign...with all the rumours and he said she said bachannalia that is always present in tnt elections.

2. they didn't like the PM taking over the campaign and running it like they do back in tnt.

3. they were inclined to protect their son of the soil (rowley) from attacks from the PP folks from the other island....this goes for orville london as well.

4. if the central gov had stayed in tnt and let Ashford Jack run his own campaign in tobago they would have done better.

5. Its not all tribal because warner himself is black and so to is jack. Remember jack has been representing his district for 16 years...now even he was kicked out.

these are all plausible explanations. why did Jack Warner feel the need to attack these people like that?

Forget about all the corruption stuff just by his crass behavior,Jack Warner is clearly unfit to be a government minister.

..look how the sun now raising up and the crowd now waking up, the atmosphere have vibes and nothing cant break it up......

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by dedetriniking View Post

[/B]
    i think this really put de nail in de coffin...i dunno why this woman still thinks everybody loves her...

Credits
    i think this really put de nail in de coffin...i dunno why this woman still thinks everybody loves her...
    Because she's a woman, a mother, a grandmother, she feels emotions for the people, she has smooth skin................blah blah

Credits
    oh wait.. i posted something on my page that i found.. smh

here it is ..people out and bad wid dey racism

Never waste your time trying to explain who you are to people who are committed to misunderstanding you.

Velvet Glove. Iron Fist

mi style still sharp .....u a A-Minor and dem a B-Flat

Credits
    Wow.... Smh. ..
    Only shades of colour that are seen on IMIX, BLACK, WHITE & GREY. The beauty of all things are transform into those colours... Winter very LONG, spring, summer fall very SHORT.

Credits
    It's no different here. Black people vote for Obama is because he black. Funny (in a stupid, idiotic way) thing is, when there were only white canidates and black ppl voted for them...what was the reasoning then.
    Our Queen went to sleep, her people left to weep....in song she lives on.

Long Live the Queen!

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by ladyrastafari View Post
    oh wait.. i posted something on my page that i found.. smh

here it is ..people out and bad wid dey racism

A...A...wha do sasha singh....look how north americanize she is with she racism nuh.
    I hath 9 and 90 tribulations and nary a one doth concern a wench!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast