Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ITS OFFICIAL !

Credits

ITS OFFICIAL !

SINCE LAST WEEK FRIDAY THE CITY OF MIAMI AND THE MCBA HAD AN EMERGENCY MEETING ABOUT THE STATUS OF MIAMI CARNIVAL DOWNTOWN SINCE TUESDAYS INCIDENT AT THE WTC.THEY VOTED ON STILL HAVING MIAMI CARNIVAL AND IT I BELIEVE IT WAS 15 TO 11 TO NOT HAVE THE CARNIVAL.THE CITY ALSO STATED THAT IT IS A HIGH RISK OF SUCH A GATHERING OF PEOPLE IN MIAMI,FORGET THE RUMORS OF THEM NOT HAVING THE MONEY,IT IS NOT TRUE,OUT OF RESPECT OF WHAT HAD HAPPEN AT THE WTC THEY FOUND IT UNAPPROPIATE TO HAVE MIAMI CARNIVAL.THEY ARE WORKING ON HAVING IT AT A LATER DATE,MOST LIKELY MEMORIAL WEEKEND '2002.OPA LOCKA CARNIVAL IS STILL ON...ITS UP TO THE BANDS IF THEY WANT TO GO OPA LOCKA,THEY ARE WELCOME.
    I DID NOT GET A CHANCE TO POST THIS TILL TODAY.

Credits

RE: ITS OFFICIAL !

so in other words there are literally two carnivals now! allyuh real confusing people . one minute both on, next one off. so that means that in 2002, there will be a carnival downtown memorial weekend, and one at opa locka columbus weekend. yuh see let me just plan to go home for carnival cause allyuh real confusing meh brain.

Credits

relax take a chill pill before your brain explode,all that is happening is there is only 1 carnival in opa locka and they MIGHT have another one to make up for bicentennial, not sure when but dont keep your hopes up.is that clear enuff baby.you could breathe now........

Credits

Well they will not be able to have it during Memorial Day Weekend because South Beach is too crowded for that weekend. I went this year and it was just over crowded, you could barely get a flight because every single Puerto Rican, Black American and White person was out there partying. So they will have to squash that Memorial Day Weekend idea or else it will be chaos!

:-) babash_gyal }>

Credits

damn all yuh could jump conclusions and exaggerate on something,you know what forget they having a make up carnival !

Credits

Besides both Atlanta and Orlando have Carnival that weekend.
    Blessings!!!

Credits

[font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON Sep-18-01 AT 03:36 PM (EST)[/font][p]I don't represent to have any official infomation but I can assure you that what I am about to post is pretty close to the truth so allyuh pay attention to me.!!!!

Remember there is a lot of money for the orgainzers and promoters to be lost if there is no carnival so pay attention to who you listen to... Here is what I know

Downtown.... It is off.. there are some bands that are still fighting to have it... but i was told it is off... The CITY OF MIAMI do not want this event to happen in light of what is happening...

Opa Locka.... I guess it is on but remember they are in Opa Locka Airport.... a lot of FBI investigations and security concerns so the airport may pull the carnival...

Take it as you may... I just want my islandmix family to know the truth and not spend money to have a shitty time...

Love trinibaje

Credits

I was listening to WLIB on Saturday and one of the officials (not sure which committee) came on the radio and announced that the downtown carnival was off. The individual came on the radio because they were receiving a lot of calls from people wanting to know what was happening. There was no mention of a "make-up" carnival. I think some of the bands are heading over to Opa-Locka now. As for the situation with the airport..this committee member stated that the airport authorities are still giving them use of the premises. So as far as I know there will only be one carnival in Miami this year. When my friends called me over the weekend to inquire about Miami I told them what I heard over the radio. If people want to know more maybe you should call WLIB.

Credits

Sorry I don't have WLIB in Miami however I know that talks are ongoing and Opa Locka airport is not confirmed to give use because of security concerns..

Credits

trinibaje did you went to islands united music madness saturday night? if so how did it turn out?

Credits

No did not got... not really in the party spirit since last tuesday...

MORE FIRE

IT SOUND LIKE YOU DONT GO ANYWHERE,ALL DEM FETES IN MIAMI ADVERTISING,I NEVER SEE YUH POST ANY COMMENTS ABOUT THEM SINCE THE BEGINNING OF THIS YEAR.

Credits

Trinidad here i come.....CARNIVAL 2002!

Credits

Well Mr. FYRE.... as a professional woman who WORKS about 70-80 hours a week you are right I don't get to go out often, that is why I try to make Carnival events and let loose there... Plus you would not have seen any of my posts from the begining of the year because I discovered this Website in August...

I HOPE THAT ADDRESSES YOUR CONCERNS....

MORE FIRE

WOOO HOOO PROFESSIONAL!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast