Thread: Islandmix I'm Surprised....

Credits

Exclamation Islandmix I'm Surprised....

not one thread bout dat Guyanese kid who bring a gun onto St. Johns' campus? Wow!

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by G.T. socalova View Post
    not one thread bout dat Guyanese kid who bring a gun onto St. Johns' campus? Wow!
    I saw the news this morning. They didn't say he was Guyanese. At that time they probably didn't know his nationality. The fadder say he had surgery six months ago and its because of the meds.

Taj
    Credits
    well maybe if you made a thread about it earlier I would know about it to discuss it

Its like if news stations figure everybody hear about the story already then they wouldn't report anything...
    “A sharp knife never proclaims it’s sharpness to the world…but the first to fall against it becomes it’s advocate.”

You can put any face behind a mask but be careful cos someone else might be pretending. You might not be the only one with a secret -- Cassie/Gretel

Credits
    dey said dat yesterday i said another embarrasment for us. but the student is at hospital

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Taj View Post
    well maybe if you made a thread about it earlier I would know about it to discuss it

Its like if news stations figure everybody hear about the story already then they wouldn't report anything...
    But wait! When since imix operate so it could be all ova de news and everyting, dey know everybody done know but dey still reporting it especially if it's one of us (west indians). Yuh know if it was ah Trini who would be first to report...

Credits
    where's da link?????
    *I have been Born Again*

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by JAHTEE View Post
    where's da link?????
    You need ah link? Oh yea I forgot you're in florida. It's all ova news here and I don't have a link, sorry.

Credits

allyuh doh knw google?

ST. John's gun suspect under evaluation; classes resumeStudent facing weapon charges for allegedly bringing rifle on campus
    Eyewitness News Team
    (Jamaica, Queens - WABC, September 27, 2007) - Classes are back in session at St. John's University today-- one day after a campus-wide lockdown sparked by a gun toting student. 22-year-old Omesh Hiraman is currently undergoing a psychiatric evaluation. He was was caught on campus with a rifle and wearing a cut up halloween mask.

Related Links
    Images Sent in by St. John's Students
    Images from the Story
    Click: Eyewitness News Video on Demand
    Get Desktop Alerts
    Get Email Alerts
    The big question that everyone wants an answer to, is what was the 22-year-old freshman doing with a loaded rifle on campus-- one bullet in the rifle, what was he planning to do with it?
    The suspect Omesh Hiraman is at Queens Hospital under psychiatric evaluation. As we learn more about him, those who know him best, are painting a picture of a very troubled young man.

By all accounts, a very intelligent, quiet young man. A graduate of Stuyvesant School in Manhattan, Omesh Hiraman went on to Cornell University. Then, a transfer to St. John's and 22-year-old freshman at the school. Those who know him best say he's been different lately.

His father said it's not what it seems.

"We believe that this is a misunderstanding. Our son has always been a good boy, and has never been in any sort of trouble," said the suspects father Pat Hiraman.

The Hiraman's have not been home since being interviewed yesterday outside of the police precinct. But neighbors say that Omesh was basically a quiet kid. And, aside from his back surgery, they didn't really know much about him.

Even Alberto Torres, who knows the family for more than 30 years, has a hard time picturing Omesh with a gun in his hand.

But sometimes this past June, that quiet young man had contacted an attorney to find out how to buy a gun up in Dutchess County. In an email to the lawyer he wrote:

"Do they (the gun shop) have to notify the state county or municipal government, of the fact the rifle was purchased, and or the name of the purchaser...Please do not contact the gunshop."
    A plan to buy a rifle, but just what did he plan to do with it?

Hiraman's attorney tells Eyewitness News that he has a long history of mental illness and suffers from schizophrenia.

Since he is still under psychiatric evaluation at the Queens hospital, he will probably not arraigned until next week.

When Omesh is arraigned he will be charged with one count of criminal possession of a weapon.

Thousands of relieved students are back in class today.

Not everything is back to normal at the campus. You could see today that the NYPD had setup a command post at Gate no. 4, and NYPD community affairs officers were visible throughout the campus. However, students are still mystified by what happened. "No way, I would never think he would've done something like that. He seemed like a quiet guy," said student Devin Durjan.

Devin Durjan, like so many other students are trying to figure out the alleged actions of Hiraman.

"He was a quiet guy, like by himself. He wasn't social, like and he kinda looked weird," said Durjan.

Chris Benson, a crimcal justice major and NYPD cadet spotted Hiraman. And with the help of a campus security guard, wrestled him to the ground.

"I pushed him against the wall, removed his mask and his hood, asked if he had any other weapons or anything that could hurt us..he said 'no'," Chris Benson said.

On campus today, NYPD community affairs officers manned the entrances as students came and went to class.

"No one's really talking about anything, no one really knows any big details, so it's pretty quiet," student Ryan Jasper said.

. Others students say they noticed fewer people in some of their classes, but otherwise say the campus seems normal.

But Courtney Hewitt and others are quick to sign up for the text messaging alert system that was used yesterday to alert students to the dangerous situation.

Hewitt said she was worried yesterday when she did not have the service.

"It was scary because I was at work and someone my family told me," said Hewitt.

Officials on the campus today have been handing out fliers for students to make sure they are signed up for the emergency text messaging and service. Apparently, moments after students sign up, they can be alerted of any immediate danger.

St. John's has three residential campuses in the city. The Queens site is the school's main campus.

(Copyright 2007 WABC-TV)

Taj
    Credits
    But wait! When since imix operate so it could be all ova de news and everyting, dey know everybody done know but dey still reporting it especially if it's one of us (west indians). Yuh know if it was ah Trini who would be first to report...
    this is so funny to me now cuz guess what, I saw St. Johns and thought the island...so i'm like i dont check daily news bout St Johns so how would i have heard about this

Now I get why it seemed strange no one commented on it cuz imix bout 90% NY ppl
    ummkay
    Last edited by Taj; 09-27-2007 at 05:35 PM.
    “A sharp knife never proclaims it’s sharpness to the world…but the first to fall against it becomes it’s advocate.”

You can put any face behind a mask but be careful cos someone else might be pretending. You might not be the only one with a secret -- Cassie/Gretel

Credits
    WOW!

I just READ that STORY, but I wasn't SURE where he was from.

But you know what, I was THINKING he was from GUYANA being that he LQQKING like a DOUGLA and is LIVING in QUEENS.

Credits
    There's a thread about it...

St. John's Today...

Taj
    Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by VINCYPOWA View Post
    WOW!

I just READ that STORY, but I wasn't SURE where he was from.

But you know what, I was THINKING he was from GUYANA being that he LQQKING like a DOUGLA and is LIVING in QUEENS.
    lord aye
    badmind dont take ah day off eh!