Thread: Islandmix, How do you feel...

Credits

Islandmix, How do you feel...

About the commercials that Verizon has put on TV that caters to the West Indians is America making long distance calls to "home."

I personally love them. The one where the woman is getting married in the Caribbean and asks the chef to cook Roti and curry for her wedding.

The most recent I like is where the man is calling his father back home and telling him he's making a steel drum for his son. Throughout the commercial they showing him making it and his son playing it at the end.

Sorry, I just love when West Indian culture is being broadcasted, so I decided to post how I felt.

How bout all yuh?

Credits

RE: Islandmix, How do you feel...

Trinigyal, what stations carry those commercials because I don't think I've seen those? I saw the Western Union one while watching Westwood Park on a Sunday night but never those. You're right it is always good to see our culture onscreen because we hardly ever do. There are quite a few latin shows on network tv on Sunday mornings etc but nothing Caribbean (that I've seen). That's why I stay up every Sunday night to watch Westwood Park, a Trinidad soap opera, pure bacchanal. There are definitely not enough Caribbean programming on TV or movies. Sometimes I wonder if they think if there was a Caribbean tv show or a movie in theatres that we wouldn't patronize it.

Robber out.

Credits

RE: Madness

Credits

midnight what time does that soap opera air i know its on channel 73 but what time on sundays

Credits

It's on at 11:00 pm. I am in contact with the director and she told me that they just finished the new season and is real "bacchanal" and much better. Her company is currently working on a movie that will be straight to video. I will keep the 'Mix memebers up to date on that info.

Robber out.

Credits

Does anyone know if that soap broad casts in Miami? I

Credits

I will try to find out what American markets it airs. Unfortunately I think it may be only showing in NY but I will definitely inquire for you and others on de 'Mix.

Stay tuned.

Robber out.

Credits

Midnight, those commercials come on the local cable stations, mainly channel 9 and 11. I don't get to see Westwood Park. Does it go on in Jer-z?