Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Isaiah Washington dumped for homophobic slur?

Credits

Isaiah Washington dumped for homophobic slur?

Months after the controversy surrounding the homophobia of Isaiah Washington appeared to have died down, as the nation became far more obsessed with the legal problems of other celebrities, it seemed like ABC and Isaiah had put the issue to rest and could move on. Nope. Isaiah Washington was dumped from Grey's Anatomy this week effective immediately and won't return to the fourth season, as confirmed by ABC Television Studio to E! News last night. Howard Bragman, a publicist for ABC, told E! that Isaiah Washington had received a call earlier in the day yesterday which told him that he would not be invited back for the fourth season of Grey's Anatomy. Believe it or not, Isaiah Washington quoted the classic, Network, in his brief statement to the news network about him getting canned from one of the most popular shows on television - "I'm mad as hell, and I'm not going to take it anymore."

Of course, no one is saying for that Isaiah Washington was dumped from Grey's Anatomy because he chose to use a homophobic slur to describe co-star T.R. Knight not once, but twice. It's all creative differences and PR spin like that, but it's hard to fathom that the off-camera problems with Isaiah Washington and the rest of his cast, which brought Katherine Heigl to openly criticize the actor and Patrick Dempsey to allegedly come to blows with Washington, had nothing to do with the decision. E! goes as far as to say that it's surprising that Isaiah Washington, who actually went to rehab to try and fix his PR image, lasted as long as he did and wasn't fired immediately from the hit show. If anything, it's surprising that Isaiah Washington was dumped NOW and not earlier. The bad PR seemed to have subsided and now this brings it all up again.

The backstage incident with Isaiah Washington was bad, but using the word again at the Golden Globes and denying he used it before (in the SAME sentence) caused a much bigger uproar, with Katherine Heigl even suggesting that he should just keep his mouth shut. Isaiah Washington apologized seemingly everywhere and even had a sit-down with GLAAD and the Gay, Lesbian, & Straight Education Network, went to counseling to work things out, and even filmed a PSA. Not good enough for ABC, who booted him from Grey's Anatomy anyway. It makes you wonder if there were personality issues with Isaiah Washington that just couldn't be worked out with someone on the set of Grey's Anatomy and if it came down to a choice - lose Isaiah or lose someone else. We don't know for sure, but with all the PR work Isaiah Washington did after the Golden Globes, it feels like there's an element to his firing that we don't yet know about.

Katherine Heigl even said that the drama with Isaiah Washington was behind her when she was promoting Knocked Up in Entertainment Weekly, "I don't know Isaiah well, but he takes his work seriously, and he loves his character. He made a big mistake, and it was thoughtless and boneheaded, and I think he's very sorry and embarrassed. This is something that will have changed the scope of his life."

In a case of very interesting timing, T. R. Knight, the actor who was the center of the homophobic controversy from Isaiah Washington finalized a $125,000-per-episode deal for the next season of Grey's Anatomy earlier this week.

http://www.actressarchives.com/news.php?id=6051
    Those Who Sacrifice Freedom for Security Deserve Neither
    www.cookingwithval.com
    http://www.snackhealthy.com/snackwithval
    @cookingwithval
    @NicaBlack

Credits
    He is a fool he should have never gone to rehab...he should have quit the damn show and left with his head held high....after it was clear his apology was not gonna be enough he just waisted time and made himself look like a weak ass uncle tom.....

Credits
    he too chupid...yuh cyar tawk reckless..especially bout dem gay ppl in d public so...

Credits
    THE BULLERMEN are NOW CELEBRATING another VICTORY.

They're going to get even more VISIBLE in the PUBLIC EYE.

So all you IMIX BULLAMEN, it is OK....ARYO can COME out de CLOSET NOW.

You can NOW RAISE your PINKY in TRIUMPH

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by VINCYPOWA View Post

but u know..its just common sense..i don't understand...especially in the public eye..there's certain comments and things u keep between you and ur close peoples....he make himself look like an ass...and here i was wonderin why he on tv makin commercials about unity or wateverdhellitwas....dam dotish ass blk ppl eh bettin dey chupid dey go crucify he...an now he mite be blacklisted...dah duz vex me

m
    Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by trinifever View Post
    He is a FOOL he should have never gone to rehab...he should have quit the damn show and left with his head held high....after it was clear his apology was not gonna be enough he just waisted time and made himself look like a weak ass uncle tom.....

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by limintrinibwoy View Post
    but u know..its just common sense..i don't understand...especially in the public eye..there's certain comments and things u keep between you and ur close peoples....he make himself look like an ass...and here i was wonderin why he on tv makin commercials about unity or wateverdhellitwas....dam dotish ass blk ppl eh bettin dey chupid dey go crucify he...an now he mite be blacklisted...dah duz vex me
    Yep, gays run hollywood....It will be a while if ever before he works in that town again....white boys srew up all the time and its not this big a deal...even Mel Gibson took less heat than this for his "anti semetic" remarks...he was on a hit show and he didn't control his temper. And he just compounded it with that rehab nonsense..

Credits

Angry

The show would not be the same without him...I love his confident arrogance !

I cannot stand T. R. Knight's whimpy a$$ anymore. Ughhh! His character sickens me.

Katherine Hiegl needs to shut da hell up already....who the hell made her T.R. Knight's spokesperson. Let the blasted whimp talk for himself.

Shonda Rhymes need to come wid a spin off- Isaiah's anatomy.
    Blessed

Taj
    Credits
    Damn and they probably made a black woman (Shonda Rimes - creator) fire him too

I know that must have hurt both parties

So can we assume there is a GAY MAFIA in Hollywood?
    A sharp knife never proclaims its sharpness to the worldbut the first to fall against it becomes its advocate.

You can put any face behind a mask but be careful cos someone else might be pretending. You might not be the only one with a secret -- Cassie/Gretel

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Taj View Post
    Damn and they probably made a black woman (Shonda Rimes - creator) fire him too

I know that must have hurt both parties

So can we assume there is a GAY MAFIA in Hollywood?

WHERE have YOU BEEN?

Credits
    Do you guys think if he had said gay or homosexual instead of faggit, it would be different, being that gay is just a better term for it??

Taj
    Credits

WHERE have YOU BEEN?
    awwwwwwwwwww shadddap

Quote Originally Posted by TriniBratNel21 View Post
    Do you guys think if he had said gay or homosexual instead of faggit, it would be different, being that gay is just a better term for it??
    ummmm basically

Problem:I'm sorry for calling you a faggot
    NOT a Problem I'm sorry for calling you gay (Why you sorry I am gay)
    A sharp knife never proclaims its sharpness to the worldbut the first to fall against it becomes its advocate.

You can put any face behind a mask but be careful cos someone else might be pretending. You might not be the only one with a secret -- Cassie/Gretel

Brown Milk

Yuh don know...

Credits
    just got to wait and see if he kill his career....

Taj
    Credits
    Official statement thus far

"I'm mad as hell and I'm not going to take it any more."
    lol he shudda calm down 1st b4 releasing this

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast