Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 19

Thread: Initiative to Ban divorce in California

  1. #1
    SAINTSational Nica's Avatar Nica is offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Nawlins BAYBAY
    Posts
    39,594
    Credits
    7,746,304

    Initiative to Ban divorce in California

    "There is a movement in California to pass an initiative to ban divorce"
    (taken from T.J Holmes' facebook)


    What do you guys think about that? Let's discuss the implications.... will there be more adultery? more people trying to work out their problems instead of bailing? more homicides?

    Those Who Sacrifice Freedom for Security Deserve Neither
    www.cookingwithval.com
    http://www.snackhealthy.com/snackwithval
    @cookingwithval
    @NicaBlack

  2. #2
    .
    L O S T .'s Avatar . is offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    .|.
    Posts
    38,030
    Credits
    1,088,961
    Instead of trying to make gay marraige illegal ,in order to "protect" marraige,this is the route they should be taking if they are indeed serious..

    Quote Originally Posted by Nica View Post
    "There is a movement in California to pass an initiative to ban divorce"
    (taken from T.J Holmes' facebook)


    What do you guys think about that? Let's discuss the implications.... will there be more adultery? more people trying to work out their problems instead of bailing? more homicides?


  3. #3
    SAINTSational Nica's Avatar Nica is offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Nawlins BAYBAY
    Posts
    39,594
    Credits
    7,746,304
    Quote Originally Posted by . View Post
    Instead of trying to make gay marraige illegal ,in order to "protect" marraige,this is the route they should be taking if they are indeed serious..
    you you would agree with this initiative? What are the implications of it though... in your opinion
    Those Who Sacrifice Freedom for Security Deserve Neither
    www.cookingwithval.com
    http://www.snackhealthy.com/snackwithval
    @cookingwithval
    @NicaBlack

  4. #4
    .
    L O S T .'s Avatar . is offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    .|.
    Posts
    38,030
    Credits
    1,088,961
    Quote Originally Posted by Nica View Post
    you you would agree with this initiative? What are the implications of it though... in your opinion
    IMO governtment should play no role in marraige at all.
    Its not their place.


    however if they pass this they need to think long and hard about the repercussions and put in fail-safes for certain situations
    for example:
    Imagaine someone in an abusive relationship that cannot obtain a divorce?




    what is your opinion on the initiative?

  5. #5
    Registered User Dr Insane's Avatar Dr Insane is offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    DOWN IN AH DE GHETTO
    Posts
    38,722
    Credits
    3,491,164
    That initiative should not even be thought about... like DJ said what happens if the person in an abusive marriage?

  6. #6
    SAINTSational Nica's Avatar Nica is offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Nawlins BAYBAY
    Posts
    39,594
    Credits
    7,746,304
    Quote Originally Posted by . View Post
    IMO governtment should play no role in marraige at all.
    Its not their place.


    however if they pass this they need to think long and hard about the repercussions and put in fail-safes for certain situations
    for example:
    Imagaine someone in an abusive relationship that cannot obtain a divorce?




    what is your opinion on the initiative?
    I actually agree with you. I know that there are many divocre cases citing "irreconcilable differences"... I guess they would need to figure out if the differences are indeed irreconcilaable or frivolous.

    As for domestic abuse, nobody should have to stay in an abusive relationship.
    Those Who Sacrifice Freedom for Security Deserve Neither
    www.cookingwithval.com
    http://www.snackhealthy.com/snackwithval
    @cookingwithval
    @NicaBlack

  7. #7
    Unique woman TriniTrini's Avatar TriniTrini is offline
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Success City
    Posts
    10,588
    Credits
    1,196,499
    Quote Originally Posted by . View Post
    IMO governtment should play no role in marraige at all.
    Its not their place.


    however if they pass this they need to think long and hard about the repercussions and put in fail-safes for certain situations
    for example:
    Imagaine someone in an abusive relationship that cannot obtain a divorce?




    what is your opinion on the initiative?
    The bolded is a good point.

    Quote Originally Posted by Nica View Post
    I actually agree with you. I know that there are many divocre cases citing "irreconcilable differences"... I guess they would need to figure out if the differences are indeed irreconcilaable or frivolous.

    As for domestic abuse, nobody should have to stay in an abusive relationship.
    I would say they should make it mandatory for a couple to meet with a relationship expert before marriage (don't know what time frame would be best).

    If a couple wants to get a divorce they should meet with a counselor first. But there are exceptions of course. But to ban marriage takes away the freedom of choice on how to direct your life.
    When You Get.. Give.... When you learn... teach (Maya Angelou)

    Be the change you wish to see in the world.
    Let us work with others to change our communities.

  8. #8

  9. #9
    SAINTSational Nica's Avatar Nica is offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Nawlins BAYBAY
    Posts
    39,594
    Credits
    7,746,304
    thanks for the link
    Those Who Sacrifice Freedom for Security Deserve Neither
    www.cookingwithval.com
    http://www.snackhealthy.com/snackwithval
    @cookingwithval
    @NicaBlack

  10. #10
    .
    L O S T .'s Avatar . is offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    .|.
    Posts
    38,030
    Credits
    1,088,961
    Quote Originally Posted by Nica View Post
    thanks for the link
    no problem

  11. #11
    SAINTSational Nica's Avatar Nica is offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Nawlins BAYBAY
    Posts
    39,594
    Credits
    7,746,304
    I'm bored
    Those Who Sacrifice Freedom for Security Deserve Neither
    www.cookingwithval.com
    http://www.snackhealthy.com/snackwithval
    @cookingwithval
    @NicaBlack

  12. #12
    .
    L O S T .'s Avatar . is offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    .|.
    Posts
    38,030
    Credits
    1,088,961
    Quote Originally Posted by Nica View Post
    I'm bored
    & you think I dont know

  13. #13
    SAINTSational Nica's Avatar Nica is offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Nawlins BAYBAY
    Posts
    39,594
    Credits
    7,746,304
    Quote Originally Posted by . View Post
    & you think I dont know
    lol
    Those Who Sacrifice Freedom for Security Deserve Neither
    www.cookingwithval.com
    http://www.snackhealthy.com/snackwithval
    @cookingwithval
    @NicaBlack

  14. #14
    .
    L O S T .'s Avatar . is offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    .|.
    Posts
    38,030
    Credits
    1,088,961
    Quote Originally Posted by Nica View Post
    lol
    here.

  15. #15
    SAINTSational Nica's Avatar Nica is offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Nawlins BAYBAY
    Posts
    39,594
    Credits
    7,746,304
    Quote Originally Posted by . View Post
    here.
    oook shoes .... looks like Steve madden
    Those Who Sacrifice Freedom for Security Deserve Neither
    www.cookingwithval.com
    http://www.snackhealthy.com/snackwithval
    @cookingwithval
    @NicaBlack

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •