Thread: Impressions

Credits

Impressions

how do you form your impressions of people? soley on what others say? only on your personal interactions with a person? combination? and are your impressions usually right?

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by soca junkie
    how do you form your impressions of people? soley on what others say? only on your personal interactions with a person? combination? and are your impressions usually right?
    I take them for face value...cause only u could determine if u want to remain friends with them.

Credits
    only on personal interaction because a lot of ppl joke around

Credits
    i TRY to take people at face value. but if 5 people i trust the opinion of are saying the same thing, i might be suspicious

Credits
    I don't really care what others say. Because the truth about a person can be misconstrued quite easily.

Also, I am the type that usually dislikes people at first.

Credits
    i never allow others to have any influence on how i view someone. if i dont like someone is either cuz my vibes don't take dem , or via personal interaction.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by XtasyReds
    I don't really care what others say. Because the truth about a person can be misconstrued quite easily.

Yeah i experience that might leg still sore from the bite u put on my ankle.

m
    Credits
    Only a total JackAss would let others' opinions on someone else dictate their own personal opinion on them.

Face value is the way to go.

With that said, if people are saying things about a person, there must be something to what their saying...something...so I'd take heed, but not let it influence me, just look out for certain things.

Basically...take it with a grain of salt.

Dawtah of the Sun Empressdududahlin's Avatar Empressdududahlin is offline
    Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by XtasyReds

hahaha, a girlfriend of mine and I realized that we each didn't like each other at first and didn't know that until we finally told each other 3 years later...

I work soley on my impression, because the person's character usually reveals itself in a number of ways before someone else can tell me. Nice post, because I was just having this convo yesterday.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by HoneyEmpress
    hahaha, a girlfriend of mine realized that we each didn't like each other at first and didn't know that until we finally told each other 3 years later...

I work soley on my impression, because the person's character usually reveals itself in a number of ways before someone else can tell me. Nice post, because I was just having this convo yesterday.
    I need to change that because lately I realized I let of lot potentially good people walk on by.

But I always tell people once I am cool with them. Like "You know I didn't like you right?"

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Sencia
    i never allow others to have any influence on how i view someone. if i dont like someone is either cuz my vibes don't take dem , or via personal interaction.
    ditto

how much of a coincidence is this...I was talking about this yesterday:

Credits

I find it funny how some ppl are quick to say they let their personal interactions form their impressions of ppl, but you turn around and they sopping up every piece of gossip or story they hear about a person and act according to what they've heard