Thread: Imix Women Drivers

Credits

Question Imix Women Drivers

How much do you know about cars?

Well, i knowsssss nothing but how to put in gas, and that is really bad. On Friday I went to the drive thru of a restaurant, I paid for my food, and the car shut off!! I look at the dash, no lights, nothing. Turn the ignition, nothing. I start to panic, I tell the girl at the window, she's like, "your car won't start?!!", next thing, she and a next boney girl from the restaurant come out to push my car out the way! "You have to put your car in neutral!", DUHHHHH, but since the car could not start, I could not shift to neutral. Lovely. The guy behind me is getting impatient, I was like "blasted french Quebecois a*s" (in my head ), one of the girls asked if he could give me a boost, he start to talk about how he's on his break, etc. I was like, "F*CK HE". Meanwhile, my niece is in her car seat saying, "fries?? wan' fries?!", I gave them to her and French man decides to give me a boost. How tweet. I pulled the lever to open the hood, miss lady from the restaurant tries to open it and tells me, "You need to open the hood!", I was like, "I know that, you have to push the button under the hood!!" (how dare she insinuate that i didn't know that!? ) Anyway, under that hood was like "huh?", thank God frenchy knew what he was doing. A nice Guyanese man was acting like my midwife, "yuh ha' to pump de gyas" ("i know!")...the car started, I thanked everyone, looked at the crowd that was staring from in the restaurant (and the ones who came outside to watch) and raced home, ah fuhget meh drink an all!!

Do the IMIX ladies know how to change a spare tire, check the oil, do a battery boost, etc? Men often laugh and take advantage of the fact that women do not know a thing about cars...is it really true?????

Credits
    ah cyar change mi oil, but ah could change mi tire miself ( had to do that last week), does check my oil level, top off mi radiator and can use mi jumper cables if necessary.

SSS
    Credits
    Not to brag but I real proud of myself when it comes to know about the cars, I could change me tire, jump start, check oil, ya girl even put in she car radio. Please I even help out a few of my male friends with their cars. You all boy executive could tell ya.

Sometimes I does amaze myself. Plus I always figure the worst that could happen is theat I mess up the car, and if I do that then I would call the mechanic.

Credits

Re: Imix Women Drivers

Originally posted by montREALady
    How much do you know about cars?

Do the IMIX ladies know how to change a spare tire, check the oil, do a battery boost, etc? Men often laugh and take advantage of the fact that women do not know a thing about cars...is it really true?????
    great story!!! i ain't laughin at you but wit you....i can just imagine the scene...
    i know how to do all those things, change a spare etc, but i don't know if i would be able to do it under the pressure of an actual emergency.....

Credits
    yeah, I know how to check the levels in my car, use jumper cables and change a tire. i understand cars enough to figure out some troubleshooting too. it all comes in time. how long have you been driving your own? that has a lot to do with it too.

Credits
    Originally posted by Lioness
    yeah, I know how to check the levels in my car, use jumper cables and change a tire. i understand cars enough to figure out some troubleshooting too. it all comes in time. how long have you been driving your own? that has a lot to do with it too.
    i guess that's what it is, i don't have my own car, so i never felt i had the need to learn! i've had my license for 8 years though! i've always taken the bus and subway to work, and when i need to use the car, it's always there. if i'm driving out of town (rare), i rent one. maybe i'll stop thinking if i should go to trini or not and get a car instead! :p carnival will always be there! ( )

Credits
    Originally posted by SSS
    Not to brag but I real proud of myself when it comes to know about the cars, I could change me tire, jump start, check oil, ya girl even put in she car radio. Please I even help out a few of my male friends with their cars. You all boy executive could tell ya.

Sometimes I does amaze myself. Plus I always figure the worst that could happen is theat I mess up the car, and if I do that then I would call the mechanic.
    SSS, my car need a tune up, hook a sista up nah!

Credits
    Let's see my father made me learn to change my oil and my tires (I went to college 7 hours away)...I check my own transmission fluid, can use the jumper cables, have changed the windshield wipers and the brake lights. In case of emergencies though I have AAA and two cell phones!!!

I even know a few tricks w/ a spoon

Credits
    I am slowly learning all the ins and outs of my car...It's not easy, but, I refuse to be dependent on a man everytime something goes wrong..I have never had the opportunity to change a tire..so..SSS, when I ready I gonna call u.

amprincess
    MontREALady you sound exactly like me!! LOL :) all I know how to do is pump gas!!!! I figure if anything else happen that's what AAA is for.

SSS
    Credits
    Originally posted by Dougla_Ting
    SSS, my car need a tune up, hook a sista up nah!

Alright go to auto zone and tell them you want get the part for a full tune up to winterize your car, you will need the year and make of your car. Purchase the supplies and the call me 212-555-1212 -sss

Credits
    Originally posted by amprincess
    MontREALady you sound exactly like me!! LOL :) all I know how to do is pump gas!!!! I figure if anything else happen that's what AAA is for.
    just make sure your cell phone well charge and wukkin good!

2SWEET4U
    when i need help with my car . i call my boyfriend

Credits
    I've been driving for a long time so I know how to change to oils, fluids, wipers and the lights. But I can't do the tire changing, that's when I drive with the flat to the tire shop.

Credits
    Due to my sis and I not having the perfect car before. We were forced to learn to change everything. Tire, oil, put gas with hose lol. Jump start though we had a few explosions before we figured it out. I even learned to jump start stick going down a hill.... pumping clutch... lol... So i think i ready for anything
    The saint and the sinner are just exchanging notes. Every saint has a past and every sinner has a future.

The matador wins by avoiding the bull not colliding with him!