Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: IMIX Mommies/ Daddies

  1. #1
    Registered User sexycuban is offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2000
    Location
    Miami
    Posts
    643
    Credits
    1,064,010

    IMIX Mommies/ Daddies

    Hi Mommies,

    I am looking for some research. I am trying to start a webpage with some friends for black moms/ mothers to be, fathers/ fathers to be. I realized while pregnant that there was not really anything geared towards us as black women/ black families or families of color, hispanic etc( some one corrected me). . Is there anything that you would want to see on a website any topics you would want to address?


    thanks for your help
    Last edited by sexycuban; 06-28-2004 at 01:08 PM.

  2. #2
    meximadness spicydimples's Avatar spicydimples is offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    brooklyn
    Posts
    4,388
    Credits
    1,061,545
    Quote Originally Posted by sexycuban
    Hi Mommies,

    I am looking for some research. I am trying to start a webpage with some friends for black moms/ mothers to be, fathers/ fathers to be. I realized while pregnant that there was not really anything geared towards us as black women/ black families. . Is there anything that you would want to see on a website any topics you would want to address?


    thanks for your help
    listing of all kiddies carnivals...
    i gotta think about this one...

  3. #3
    amprincess
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by spicydimples
    listing of all kiddies carnivals...
    i gotta think about this one...

    hey is he gonna play kiddies in Miami this year?

  4. #4
    sweeter than honey arimagal72's Avatar arimagal72 is offline
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    1,537
    Credits
    1,011,583
    I'll call some ppl and get back to you ASAP

  5. #5
    meximadness spicydimples's Avatar spicydimples is offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    brooklyn
    Posts
    4,388
    Credits
    1,061,545
    Quote Originally Posted by amprincess
    hey is he gonna play kiddies in Miami this year?
    only if his sibling decides to meet us early...daddy was teaching him to jump up this wknd...& in the car, he sings along w/ us...can u picture that???

  6. #6
    if ah rude ah rude 1trini-gyal's Avatar 1trini-gyal is offline
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Round de bend, near de end
    Posts
    12,170
    Credits
    1,048,416
    I would say some good topic examples can be found on ivillage...then just tailor it more to us...I know i was hooked on their momies to be section when I was pregnant....it's nice to have people to relate to when u have so many questions and comments about the changes going on and what to expect...and even when you're raising them...it would be nice to have a group wit suggestions outside of time-out

  7. #7
    amprincess
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by spicydimples
    only if his sibling decides to meet us early...daddy was teaching him to jump up this wknd...& in the car, he sings along w/ us...can u picture that???

    now that I wanna see!

  8. #8
    if ah rude ah rude 1trini-gyal's Avatar 1trini-gyal is offline
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Round de bend, near de end
    Posts
    12,170
    Credits
    1,048,416
    Quote Originally Posted by spicydimples
    only if his sibling decides to meet us early...daddy was teaching him to jump up this wknd...& in the car, he sings along w/ us...can u picture that???
    That would be so cute...ah know mine is determined to play mas...de kiddies carnival listings is a wonderful idea though...

  9. #9
    meximadness spicydimples's Avatar spicydimples is offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    brooklyn
    Posts
    4,388
    Credits
    1,061,545
    Quote Originally Posted by 1trini-gyal
    I would say some good topic examples can be found on ivillage...then just tailor it more to us...I know i was hooked on their momies to be section when I was pregnant....it's nice to have people to relate to when u have so many questions and comments about the changes going on and what to expect...and even when you're raising them...it would be nice to have a group wit suggestions outside of time-out
    i agree...& definitely mommies groups & playgroups...
    i joined one in park slope brooklyn when i had my son...it helped a lot...but it would help if i had more in common w/ the mommies as far as living situations, parenting styles & culture.

  10. #10
    June 22 - July 22 1SXYTRINI's Avatar 1SXYTRINI is offline
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    1,526
    Credits
    1,005,911
    I would have to say info in state fundings. Such as WIC, daycare vouchers, insurance & etc

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •