Thread: Imix Fam, I need your help!

Credits

Imix Fam, I need your help!

My godbrother is a reporter at Trinidad Guardian back home and he needs help with an article he is working on. Just read ahead and answer the questions if you can. Thanks.

SERIOUS TING!!!

Yes my brothers and sisterz,

Due to the absolutely horrible crime situation Iím doing an article on the view of Trini youths on crime in the country. (Consider the fact that kidnapping is now the most popular sport in the country, the highest murder rate in Trini history, police and army brutality complaints, teenagers killing police officers among the lot.)

I am begging for a reply as soon as you get the mail, you can give a sentence long response per question.

Your name / age / area / street?

Why so much crime in T&T?

Why are so many Young people involved? (guidance, TV, world influence, lack of spirituality?)

What do you think can be done?

What are you doing to positively affect the situation?

Will Trinidad ever return to being the island paradise it was?

I need to submit the story by Friday morning, so pleeeeeze reply one time. THANX a lot.

Credits
    Don't go there brownskin, don't go there brownskin!!!!

Fack away with dat, I going dey!!!

Doesn't look like you guys have an interest in your country.....

Credits
    i'll answer. lookin at the 1st question i got misled thinkin it was only open 4 ppl in tnt. open 4 any1 i guess?

salt

Credits
    Answer what you can, anyone, including non-trinis, with an interest in what going on in Trinidad should answer. Cause what happening back home not only happening there, there's a ridiculous amount of crime in Guyana and Jamaica also.

Credits
    chk inbox.

salt

Credits
    it's hard to be objective on these issue when u live in nyc.. but i pm u my answers hope it helps u.. :)

Credits
    Thanks salty and slimgyal. You were smart enough to answer to the questions that applied to you, any input is extremely appreciated.

Credits
    Thank you sexytrini9.

Credits
    Brownie...
    I read the post, but thought it was only open to T'dad people, or those who've even been there.

I'll try to give as much feedback as possible (I know about deadlines for articles an' ting) :p

Why so much crime in T&T?
    Crime anywhere in the world is a result of lack of opportunities. Whenever people see no other way out, they'll resort to criminal activities. Even the most moral among us, when faced with a choice between starving to death and keeping our morality, will resort to crime to survive.

Why are so many Young people involved? (guidance, TV, world influence, lack of spirituality?)
    I think its a combination of factors. You can raise a child with a strong hand, but when the child is out of your eyesight, the child has to make the decisions. Everywhere young people are seeing these "unrealistic" portraits of 17 year old basketball stars, or entertainers "bling-blingin'" and think that those people are the rule, not the exception. Few people want to work to attain those things anymore. The name of the game is easy money, and if you can't afford it, you'll get it by any means necessary. Again I also think its lack of opportunities -- not that that is the cure, but if you've ever heard the term "the devil finds work for idle hands" you'll know that when young people don't have positive activities to fill their lives, then negative ones will take its place.

What do you think can be done?
    Provide more development programs for the youth.
    Provide positive images in the media of realistic models for teenagers to follow.

Credits
    Thanks topclass and notorious

Credits
    i too thought it was directed at ppl living in TnT I will try my best to answer what I can