Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Is IMAN DA MODEL DISSING MICHELLE DA FIRST LADY

Credits

Is IMAN DA MODEL DISSING MICHELLE DA FIRST LADY

TAWK yuh TAWK

Credits
    Where you hear this at? You have any links or stories?
    Sometimes being a Bitc* is the only thing a woman has to hold onto

Credits
    VP you eh tired post threads with no article/link?
    Those Who Sacrifice Freedom for Security Deserve Neither
    www.cookingwithval.com
    http://www.snackhealthy.com/snackwithval
    @cookingwithval
    @NicaBlack

Credits
    source please

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Jugosa_Reina View Post
    Where you hear this at? You have any links or stories?
    Quote Originally Posted by Nica View Post
    VP you eh tired post threads with no article/link?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinjer View Post
    source please

HUSH!!

Iman: Michelle Obama no 'great beauty' - UPI.com

Credits
    hmmm
    I don't think she meant it in a bad way but it does sound like a backhanded compliment
    Those Who Sacrifice Freedom for Security Deserve Neither
    www.cookingwithval.com
    http://www.snackhealthy.com/snackwithval
    @cookingwithval
    @NicaBlack

Gladiator
    Quote Originally Posted by VINCYPOWA View Post
    I agree with Iman...but wait a minute this is the first lady and she is black so what am saying maybe considered a diss too..

Credits
    2,466,130,003,239,999,894,719,398,969,643,979,951,637,561,03 2,240,627,990,921,216
    is no "great beauty," but does have other admirable characteristics.
    I see the truth offends

Credits
    I do understand what Imam was saying, I don't think she was trying to diss or offend. I'm sure if asked she would say she was plainly stating it as she sees it and thinks the compliment given should take the sting out of what she said.

At the same time, I see problems with the remark and how it was made...or at least I think that Imam could have thought it through better.

Who defines what a "great beauty" is? When we speak of a "classic beauty", we're talking about the European beauty standards that with only slight variation from culture to culture have become the worldwide standards. Iman was at one time too far outside of those standards to become the supermodel she has. So if some are now touting Michelle as a great beauty, that can only mean the ideal is widening..making room for more varied looks. We would think Imam would see that as a good thing.
    "Those who are able to see beyond the shadows and lies of their culture will never be understood, let alone believed, by the masses." -Plato

"god is the deification of a culture."
    -Dr Yosef ben-Jochannan

Credits
    2,466,130,003,239,999,894,719,398,969,643,979,951,637,561,03 2,240,627,990,921,216
    Quote Originally Posted by BacchanalDiva View Post
    I do understand what Imam was saying, I don't think she was trying to diss or offend. I'm sure if asked she would say she was plainly stating it as she sees it and thinks the compliment given should take the sting out of what she said.

At the same time, I see problems with the remark and how it was made...or at least I think that Imam could have thought it through better.

Who defines what a "great beauty" is? When we speak of a "classic beauty", we're talking about the European beauty standards that with only slight variation from culture to culture have become the worldwide standards. Iman was at one time too far outside of those standards to become the supermodel she has. So if some are now touting Michelle as a great beauty, that can only mean the ideal is widening..making room for more varied looks. We would think Imam would see that as a good thing.
    I agree with you . The has been married to man all these yr . but since she became first lady ah few members of imix think she is the sexiest woman alive

Hadha min fadhle Rabbi Juancito Trucupey's Avatar Juancito Trucupey is offline
    Credits
    i don't think anything is wrong with the comment...doesn't seem like she is "hating" or "dissing." She gave more compliments
    Beija-flor minha escola,Minha vida, meu amor

Credits
    none ah dem ain no "great beauty"...but what really is beauty?.
    Made In Vincy
    ~As humans we are equal but when it comes to standards and morals and ethics, they set us apart~
    Adidja me love yo, cake soap and all..."all of ah sudden me fall in love wid u"

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by vincyempress View Post
    none ah dem ain no "great beauty"...but what really is beauty?.
    Beauty is in the eye of the beholder

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by richard View Post
    beauty is in the eye of the beholder
    exactly.
    ...although i wasnt thinking about that over used quote; buh fo the most part yeah.
    Made In Vincy
    ~As humans we are equal but when it comes to standards and morals and ethics, they set us apart~
    Adidja me love yo, cake soap and all..."all of ah sudden me fall in love wid u"

...concrete jungle where dreams are made of...
    Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by BacchanalDiva View Post

Very good points, I agree with what you said here. I think many people are broadening what beauty and sexiness is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    I agree with you . The has been married to man all these yr . but since she became first lady ah few members of imix think she is the sexiest woman alive
    And what's wrong with that? Let's be reasonable here, sexiness isn't one size fits all anymore and if some people chose to put the sexy label on Mrs. Obama then so be it. Sexiness is a package, a sum of it's parts. I'm sure if she was just some soccer mom in the suburbs there will still be a group of men out there wet-dreaming about her at night like you and other Latina lovers on imix wet-dreaming about Maria con Culo Grande from Santo Domingo.
    Last edited by Shandy 2.0; 05-18-2009 at 02:07 PM.
    "Create the highest, grandest vision possible for your life, because you become what you believe." - Oprah Winfrey

"If you keep believing in yourself and seek enthusiasm inside your soul, things will get simpler, more spontaneous." ~Paulo Coelho

"I find your lack of faith disturbing" - Darth Vader

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit
    the floor each morning the devil says:
    "Oh Crap, She's up!"

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast