Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: I'm Pregnant

Credits

I'm Pregnant

What would you do if your teenage child (13 - 17) said this to you?

I have had alot of friends who've had more than one child before the age of 18. Some of them were put out by their parents, some had to drop out of school. I even know of one who had to ask people at school for money to help her have an abortion.

I'd especially like to hear what the men have to say, because usually fathers are the ones who want to murder their daughter (and the fella) when this happens.

Credits
    I might get criticized for this but I don't care. No 13 year old child of mine is having any baby. Because that baby will be my responsibility and I won't have any time to mind baby when my daughter is 13 years old. So, my answer to that is the pregnancy will be terminated.

Credits

Re: I'm Pregnant

Originally posted by Lady Slaughter

I have had alot of friends who've had more than one child before the age of 18. Some of them were put out by their parents, some had to drop out of school. I even know of one who had to ask people at school for money to help her have an abortion.

I'd especially like to hear what the men have to say, because usually fathers are the ones who want to murder their daughter (and the fella) when this happens.
    I would just say "no scene" then wait til she sleeping and pour hot porridge on her belly! :

thats what grandma did to my mommy when she got the news

Credits
    I would not allow my young daughter to have a child at such a young age. I know that many people think it is wrong, but I would have her terminate the pregnancy. That would be ruining her life, as well as the life of the baby.

Miss
    YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS- I can TALK AGAIN:blob2 :blob2

Miss

Thumbs up

I CANT RESPOND TO WHAT PEOPLE ARE SAYING

BUT: Dougla_Ting
    I might get criticized for this but I don't care. No 13 year old child of mine is having any baby. Because that baby will be my responsibility and I won't have any time to mind baby when my daughter is 13 years old. So, my answer to that is the pregnancy will be terminated.

I HEAR YOU L O U D AND C L E A R

Credits
    I am sorry to say but she will have to have an abortion. At that age you can barely take care of yourself so the responsibility will be on me as the mother. The girl will have to drop out of school so how is she going to work to help with the financial expenses. Again it's on me. Even if the girl goes back to school. The child will need a babysitter at some point. The only way I will allow her to have the child is if the pregnancy is 3 months or further along.

Credits
    The pregnancy will definitely have to be terminated............like someone stated earlier....that baby will ultimately become my responsibility........nah.........I doan think so!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Not at that age anyway.... :
    How come no fellas responded yet??

Credits
    I totally agree, terminating the baby is the only solution and puttin her on birth control.

This is not including the a&& kickin she would be gettin!!!!!
    THE LITTLE TROLLIP!!!:

Credits
    Originally posted by Dougla_Ting
    ah glad fuh dat...
    speakin as an 18 yr old "child"...
    ah have plenty friends pregnant already, some wid dey second an third children...
    ah fine is pure nonsense...
    cuz like de sayin goes...
    "dey babies makin babies"...

Credits
    Dougla and others I can see where you are coming from but take a look at a true story. Got pregnant at 16. Was put out of house. Put self through school and "airline school". Left child in care of aunt (whose occupation involves taking care of kids anyway). Began working for American Airlines. Now owns a car and is in a better financial state than her parents.

Now it must have been hard, but sometimes you have to give the child the oppurtunity to make something of themselves, don't you think so?

Credits
    Lady Slaughter's question asked what you would do if your teenage daughter 13-17....all of you responded based on if your daughter was "13"....re-evaluate your answers based on if the child was "17"..would you still want her to have an abortion? And something else to consider: what if by forcing your teenage daughter to have an abortion something went wrong and she was NEVER able to have children again..or even died..how would you feel then?

Credits

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Lady Slaughter
    [B]What would you do if your teenage child (13 - 17) said this to you?

i'm not sure what i would do but oprah got me thinking...last nite @ about 1:30 i couldn't sleep...the topic was 'how young is too young'...to have sex.
    turns out children in grade school were caught having oral sex on the school bus...
    i have a young son & often wonder what i would do if he got someone pregnant...or even before that, how/when i would approach him on the subject. its an extremely sensitive subject. i admit i don't really have an approach or the slightest idea how to do this.
    basically what a counselor said on the show was...don't ignore the subject of sex w/ your children b/c if you do they will find other ppl/ways to find out about it (media, peers, etc.).

Credits

Originally posted by Lady Slaughter

I was about to murder you on messenger if that was true. miss lady.

Credits
    As a father of a daughter we would have to have a rell sit down and discuss her options. I would probably go into the fact that she is still young and still has a whole life ahead of her, but alas ulitmately it is her decision and I would support it either way.. Even if that means I have to put MY life on hold to help her out.

There will be NO child of mine being put out on the streets or living in subpar environments, not if I could help it!!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast