Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: I'm not with this

Taj
    Credits

I'm not with this

On Sunday, during the Bishop T.D. Jakes annual Megafest event in Dallas, TX, Tyler Perry caught the Holy Ghost on stage after announcing that he would be donating $1 million dollars to The Potterís House church to go towards their new youth center. After he was called up to the altar to tell the story of how he had been touched by God to donate the million bucks, Tyler began speaking in tongues before turning around and laying hands on Pastor T.D. Jakes until he buckled at the knees.

He said:
    I love to give. Iíve been a giver all of my life and when people have given to you, and sewn into you, and God has touched them and given you favorÖ They donít understand it where I come from. They donít understand it in Hollywood but let me tell you about the blood of Jesus. All of my life, my mother, she didnít have much to give me. She didnít have millions of dollars, she didnít have some legacy, but she had Jesus.
    He continued:

I didnít know that [Bishop Jakes] was trying to build this youth center, but I know how important the youth are. So we were sitting in service, and I leaned up towards him and I said, ĎIíve just been touched to give a million dollars,í so when you got up here and said, ĎI need a million dollars,í I said ĎGod, I donít know what you are doing but I heard your voice.í (starts speaking in tongues.)

Iím gonna tell you right now, when you hear the voice of God you move. Donít worry about your enemy. Donít worry about your hater. He will bless you. He will lift you. Sometimes you spend too much time worrying about your haters, you spend so much time worrying about people talking about you, but what you need to understand is that the bible says, ĎIn order for you to be blessed, your haters have to be present.í How do I know that? The book of Psalms said ĎHe prepareth a table before me in the presence of my enemy.í So in order for me to eat, they have to be present. So God bless you Bishop.
    Tyler Perry Laying hands on a bishop o yea and he donates 1M to a youth center

ďA sharp knife never proclaims itís sharpness to the worldÖbut the first to fall against it becomes itís advocate.Ē

You can put any face behind a mask but be careful cos someone else might be pretending. You might not be the only one with a secret -- Cassie/Gretel

Credits
    yeh i would buckle 2 if someone gave me a Millions dollars

Credits
    There is something inherently odd and wrong about those mega churches. I cannot help feel this is not the way Christ meant his teaching to be followed.
    DerMonger likes this.
    Chen ki japť pa mÚde!

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Poca! View Post
    There is something inherently odd and wrong about those mega churches. I cannot help feel this is not the way Christ meant his teaching to be followed.
    The son of man has no place to lay his head, yet the pastor is wearing a $3 thousand dollar suit.

#comedyofChrist
    Our Queen went to sleep, her people left to weep....in song she lives on.

Long Live the Queen!

Credits
    Me neither...

Credits
    i feel as though those megachurches are just for show, and gimmicky...and that tyler perry incident just took it to the next level lol
    Never waste your time trying to explain who you are to people who are committed to misunderstanding you.

Velvet Glove. Iron Fist

mi style still sharp .....u a A-Minor and dem a B-Flat

Credits
    quick story, when my husband was sick, i took him to see Benny Hinn...now allyuh kno im not christian but 3 people that day told me that i should take him and hell, i was willing to try anything...the area was packed with sick people and when the "laying hands" part came into play, everyone was rushing to get down there, including us...this bastard, no offense, ignored all the sick people and the only people he "layed hands" on was the crew he came with...... what a crock of shit

LB
    Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Triniminx View Post
    quick story, when my husband was sick, i took him to see Benny Hinn...now allyuh kno im not christian but 3 people that day told me that i should take him and hell, i was willing to try anything...the area was packed with sick people and when the "laying hands" part came into play, everyone was rushing to get down there, including us...this bastard, no offense, ignored all the sick people and the only people he "layed hands" on was the crew he came with...... what a crock of shit
    no that is a bastard move!

I remember being "laid hands" on (only did it once and did it because I was prompted to do so) and I fell back.....well hell yeah I did cause the slap to my forehead was so damn hard, who the fukk wouldnt fall back. kissteet.
    Never again. Didnt need the ensuing headache either.
    ~ If you make the mountain any bigger you wont be able to move it later

Credits
    yea.. lol.. the force they PUSH you down with, you WILL fall back.. lol
    Never waste your time trying to explain who you are to people who are committed to misunderstanding you.

Velvet Glove. Iron Fist

mi style still sharp .....u a A-Minor and dem a B-Flat

Credits

Credits
    I once went to church feeling fine and came home sick. Headed straight for my bed and slept hours on end...I was running a fever........

suspect is because my Easter shoes were too tight and my feet felt like they were on fire.

#kidproblems
    Our Queen went to sleep, her people left to weep....in song she lives on.

Long Live the Queen!

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Triniminx View Post
    Oh I believe it..."came into play" is right because it comes off like acting. My friend decided to visit some church one day. They brought him up since he was a visitor, I guess. The pastor pushed him in the head, and he was so confused. One of the ladies there to catch him whispered in his ear "you're supposed to fall back." Needless to say, he never went back there.

Credits
    lol.. all part of the establishment to keep black people in their place.
    Triniminx likes this.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by dollbabi View Post
    Oh I believe it..."came into play" is right because it comes off like acting. My friend decided to visit some church one day. They brought him up since he was a visitor, I guess. The pastor pushed him in the head, and he was so confused. One of the ladies there to catch him whispered in his ear "you're supposed to fall back." Needless to say, he never went back there.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by dollbabi View Post
    lol.. my poor people.

so everybody performs the acts, then go home to sin again.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast