Thread: I'M LISTENING TO...

Credits

I'M LISTENING TO...

[updated:LAST EDITED ON May-17-02 AT 11:47 AM (EST) by Ilandfntsy (moderator)]2000 Young to Soca (Machel's 2000 CD)...i love this cd!! i love "what you really know" ('bout trinidad, and tobago). "real unity" i also love...i'm remembering roger performing this song with machel when drupatee wasn't there...he sounded better than her! de aftah-fete-sex-song, "luv 2u 2nite"...

all this got me to thinking that we won't be seeing/hearing xtatik live anymore. no other band has the energy and vibes of xtatik...some come close, but it's not the same. thank God i was in trinidad this year to see them...LASS LAP!

Credits

RE: Aaah.....

amprincess

RE: I'M LISTENING TO...

that is my all-time favorite CD, I still listen to it every day! I just wish all these changes within Machel & Xtatik didn't have to take place. Thank God I was in Trinidad for 2000 carnival, I was able to witness all the great shows put on by Machel & Xtatik. I want them back the way they used to be!!!!! x(

Credits

thanks fntsy, it was too late for me to edit it myself when i realized. when i just looked at it again and saw the correct spelling, i was like, "huh, what de a*s happen?! ah goin mad?!"

Credits

thank goodness i was there and played mas with them. i miss them too. it's just not the same mash up without them.:'(

Credits

i played mas with them that year too...w/denise and another girlfriend...we had a time! funtasia, fantasy gold...ahhhhhhhh memories...

Credits

I miss dem too :'( I thought it was just me. I don't have the zeal to go to ALL dese fetes they having every weekend because the truth of the matter is without Xtatik something REAL missing! It's just not the same. The energy, the excitment, the freenzy that everyone use to feel before they performed in de Ark, Aristocrat, Rooftop and Convention Center is just not there
    GA

Credits

i hear ya. i lost the buildup 2 go 2 most fetes these days. but i guess its good in a way cuz it gives a lot of other new/upcoming bands a chance 2 tweak their performances and get exposure. jus think how De Saltfish Band was running tings b4 dey break up and then Xtatik took control. :P