Thread: Ilandfntsy

Credits

Ilandfntsy

Hi lady i eh go trouble yuh cuz I know yuh gettin ready fuh your big nitght...I get de pulourie recipe...hope it's a good one...how ya make de sauce though...I want to get a start...P.S...How long ah have to soak de split peas?

Credits

Re: Ilandfntsy

Originally posted by 1trini-gyal
    Hi lady i eh go trouble yuh cuz I know yuh gettin ready fuh your big nitght...I get de pulourie recipe...hope it's a good one...how ya make de sauce though...I want to get a start...P.S...How long ah have to soak de split peas?
    I cheat and use split peas powder...so I can't even answer that...

The sauce depends...I usually have tamarind in the fridge and just start throwing pepper and brown sugar and spices in it....lawd I horrible at directions...

Let me see if I can find an actual recipe...or

Credits

Re: Re: Ilandfntsy

Originally posted by ILanDFnTsY

The sauce depends...I usually have tamarind in the fridge and just start throwing pepper and brown sugar and spices in it....lawd I horrible at directions...

fresh tamarind? or tamrind balls?...ah hope yuh find something...well ah soakin de peas now...and I eh have know patience so I sure I grindin it up just now...

Pebbles362436

Re: Ilandfntsy

You have pulourie recipe and you not sharing

Why allyuh imix people so selfish :p

Credits

Originally posted by Pebbles362436
    You have pulourie recipe and you not sharing

Why allyuh imix people so selfish :p
    Never dat...I always sharin...dis is what I found so I tryin meh hand...no boat ride to go to so I might as well...Ilandfntsy stickin with de sauce recipe...though

Phulouri
    Ingredients:
    1 lb split peas
    2 teaspoons salt
    1 clove garlic
    1 medium onion
    1 tablespoon curry
    water
    oil for deep frying
    Method:
    Wash and soak split peas. Dry and grind with garlic and onion to make dhal flour or puree in an electric blender. Mix flour, salt and curry and enough water to make a stiff dough. Knead lightly. Shape into balls and fry in smoking oil, using deep fryer or sauce pan. (370 F). Fry until brown all over. Drain and serve hot, each stuck with a toothpick. Makes about 24.

Credits

Originally posted by ILanDFnTsY

Alright, my impatient behind finally found one just now...any suggestions or comments?

TAMARIND CHUTNEY

Ingredients:
    3 tbls. dried tamarind pulp
    1 cup hot water
    1 tsp. salt
    2 tsps. brown sugar
    1 tsp. ground cumin
    1/2 tsp. ground fennel
    2 tsps. finely grated fresh garlic
    1 piece of congo pepper
    Method:
    1. Put the tamarind pulp in a bowl and add hot water.

2. Soak until the pulp and water becomes cool.

3. Drain pulp from the liquid, squeezing all of the liquid from the pulp.

4. Add salt, sugar and all other ingredients to the drained tamarind liquid.

Pebbles362436

Re: Re: Re: Ilandfntsy

Never dat...I always sharin...dis is what I found so I tryin meh hand...no boat ride to go to so I might as well...Ilandfntsy stickin with de sauce recipe...though

Phulouri
    Ingredients:
    1 lb split peas
    2 teaspoons salt
    1 clove garlic
    1 medium onion
    1 tablespoon curry
    water
    oil for deep frying
    Method:
    Wash and soak split peas. Dry and grind with garlic and onion to make dhal flour or puree in an electric blender. Mix flour, salt and curry and enough water to make a stiff dough. Knead lightly. Shape into balls and fry in smoking oil, using deep fryer or sauce pan. (370 F). Fry until brown all over. Drain and serve hot, each stuck with a toothpick. Makes about 24.
    Thanks gyal I'll go shopping for the tamarind/sauce this weekend bcuz I can't eat phulouri without sauce. Fantasy you have the recipe for doubles and buss up shot as well
    Ah hope BnS don't see this post bcuz he might want me to cook for him.

Credits

Re: Re: Re: Re: Ilandfntsy

Thanks gyal I'll go shopping for the tamarind/sauce this weekend bcuz I can't eat phulouri without sauce. Fantasy you have the recipe for doubles and buss up shot as well
    Ah hope BnS don't see this post bcuz he might want me to cook for him.
    Ah post a doubles recipe in de cookin club...de sauce ting stickin meh right now...cuz I want de ting 2nite and I just now found a tamarind sauce recipe...and I eh have no dried tamarind

Pebbles362436

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Ilandfntsy

Ah post a doubles recipe in de cookin club...de sauce ting stickin meh right now...cuz I want de ting 2nite and I just now found a tamarind sauce recipe...and I eh have no dried tamarind
    They have a cooking club in the mix
    Gyal I don't want nobody to know/think I could cook bcuz then they will expect me to feed them whenever I see them I tell everyone I failed Home Economics with flying colors and I'm very proud.

Credits

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Ilandfntsy

Gyal I don't want nobody to know/think I could cook bcuz then they will expect me to feed them whenever I see them I tell everyone I failed Home Economics with flying colors and I'm very proud.

Too late. I comin for dinner.

Pebbles362436

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Ilandfntsy

Originally posted by zenzele1
    Too late. I comin for dinner.
    See what I'm talking about. Well don't say ah didn't warn yuh that you can always try my cooking at your own risk.:p That statement normally works with everyone or I'll just make a really bad dish for the imix meet and greet and I'll never get ask to cook again for anyone :p :)

Credits

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Ilandfntsy

See what I'm talking about. Well don't say ah didn't warn yuh that you can always try my cooking at your own risk.:p That statement normally works with everyone or I'll just make a really bad dish for the imix meet and greet and I'll never get ask to cook again for anyone :p :)
    We Imixers we have strong constitution.

Credits

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Ilandfntsy

He he...ah know what yuh mean...check strictly fod boooks and movies or something so...if yuh cyah find it, link me on msn...and let me know how yuh "taste test" turn out...