Thread: If you evacuated once for a terrifying natural disaster...

Not2Quiet

If you evacuated once for a terrifying natural disaster...

And then were forced to evacuate YET again for an EVEN MOOOORE terrifying one of the same breed....

Wouldn't you just call it a day and move your backside to Detroit, New York, DC, or at least Atlanta?

(Unless you live in Miami, where too much brings you back anyway to want to stay away forever.)

http://news.yahoo.com/newstmpl=story..._on_re_us/rita

And...does anyone but me find it...ominous...obeah-ish...that the U.S. went to war over oil and has done various political atrocities in the name of the God-almighty oil, and now both its major oil refineries (New Orleans) and major source of crude (Texas) are facing or faced 2 of the worst natural disasters in US history? Key West not even getting it as bad and it is in front of every storm!

Bad-lucky...and i bet people going to cry racism that Bush's state, Texas, is doing exactly what should have been done in mostly-black New Orleans. I see it coming...

Credits
    No obeah there...juss some effed up luck fuh US consumers.

sharkie
    Quote Originally Posted by Bake n Shark
    No obeah there...juss some effed up luck fuh US consumers.
    ah hope dis gas price doh go back up

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Not2Quiet
    And then were forced to evacuate YET again for an EVEN MOOOORE terrifying one of the same breed....

Wouldn't you just call it a day and move your backside to Detroit, New York, DC, or at least Atlanta?

(Unless you live in Miami, where too much brings you back anyway to want to stay away forever.)

http://news.yahoo.com/newstmpl=story..._on_re_us/rita

And...does anyone but me find it...ominous...obeah-ish...that the U.S. went to war over oil and has done various political atrocities in the name of the God-almighty oil, and now both its major oil refineries (New Orleans) and major source of crude (Texas) are facing or faced 2 of the worst natural disasters in US history? Key West not even getting it as bad and it is in front of every storm!

Bad-lucky...and i bet people going to cry racism that Bush's state, Texas, is doing exactly what should have been done in mostly-black New Orleans. I see it coming...

Hindsight is 20/20... had it not been for Katrina, the people of Galveston would not have gotten out as fast as they did. The mayor of Houston and Galvenston and the Gov of Texas learned a lot of Katrina.

This week when Rita passed near the Florida Keys I was amazed of the amount of people who actually left. The Florida Keyes have the most carefree residents who rarely leave for a storm, but because of the images of Katrina people are not even taking the chance.

As for gas.... be prepared to spend near 5 dollars a gallon if Rita continues on her path.

m
    Credits
    LOL @ the usage of the word.."Bad-Lucky"

I like using that word mahself.

Well...I think what is happening now is that the weather is finally reaching the point where it's showing itself more and more.

If you notice....summers have been getting increasingly hotter and more humid each year...as well as the winters more cold and frigid and seemingly more snowfall too.

Signs of the times...I dunno?

But they say that the weather runs in cycles, albeit 10 - 30 year cycles or more, but so it goes.

I doubt tings gonna get any better as far is that is concerned.

Prepare to see and/or experience more natural disasters in the future.

Not2Quiet
    Quote Originally Posted by Trinibaje
    Hindsight is 20/20... had it not been for Katrina, the people of Galveston would not have gotten out as fast as they did. The mayor of Houston and Galvenston and the Gov of Texas learned a lot of Katrina.

This week when Rita passed near the Florida Keys I was amazed of the amount of people who actually left. The Florida Keyes have the most carefree residents who rarely leave for a storm, but because of the images of Katrina people are not even taking the chance.

As for gas.... be prepared to spend near 5 dollars a gallon if Rita continues on her path.
    Fi real, i done plan to buy couple gas cans ( i resisted the urge during Katrina) and get some reserves to ride out the price gouging sure to come.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by sharkbait
    ah hope dis gas price doh go back up
    They already started raising them.