Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: If you bring your own products to the barber or hair salon, should u get a discount??

Credits

If you bring your own products to the barber or hair salon, should u get a discount??

???

im looking for opinions from both sides of the cow

Credits
    i think the only things you should get a discount on is hair color and hair (weave) because stylist buy everything else like shampoo, conditioner, relaxer, etc in bulk and get discounts so whatever lil bit of perm or shampoo (u see dem big ole tubs deh does use) dat deh putting in your hair eh really costing dat much out of the bulk dat deh have.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Dougla Ting
    i think the only things you should get a discount on is hair color and hair (weave) because stylist buy stuff in bulk and get discounts so whatever lil bit of perm or shampoo (u see dem big ole tubs deh does use) deh putting in your hair eh really costing dat much out of the bulk dat deh have.
    so say i bring my deep conditioner

you not gonna charge me for dryer use and the labor of washing it out?

Credits
    I bring my own conditioner to the Dominicans and they charge me $3 for the use of the dryer....
    I think you should get a discount if you are bringing your own stuff. Just pay for the labor
    When I used to bring my own relaxer they took off $5. But that didn't help b/c I paid $10.99 for the relaxer. If I used theirs (same brand) I was charged the regular price for the perm +labor. So now I just use theirs

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Essiquibo
    so say i bring my deep conditioner

you not gonna charge me for dryer use and the labor of washing it out?
    even if you bring your own deep conditioner, i still gotta put it in for you, still gotta use my water to wash it out, and my energy to put you under the dryer. so yeah, u gonna get charged for dat.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Soca_Diva76
    I bring my own conditioner to the Dominicans and they charge me $3 for the use of the dryer....
    I think you should get a discount if you are bringing your own stuff. Just pay for the labor
    When I used to bring my own relaxer they took off $5. But that didn't help b/c I paid $10.99 for the relaxer. If I used theirs (same brand) I was charged the regular price for the perm +labor. So now I just use theirs
    its too complicated to sit down and ration out how much dis cost and dat cost, labor cost, energy cost. by de time deh done giving discounts deh eh makin no profit. dats why de only thing i would give a discount for is if you bring your own hair color and weave.

if a client wanna bring every damn thing, then is best deh do deh own hair at home or get deh cousin pooky to do it fuh dem.

Credits
    i think they should give you a discount if you bring your own products. esp. if you cant use theirs.

Credits
    its too complicated to sit down and ration out how much dis cost and dat cost, labor cost, energy cost. by de time deh done giving discounts deh eh makin no profit. dats why de only thing i would give a discount for is if you bring your own hair color and weave.

if a client wanna bring every damn thing, then is best deh do deh own hair at home or get deh cousin pooky to do it fuh dem.
    thats the issue because these women at my salon bring everything and then want huge discounts and the hairdresser was stressed over it when they left. not only are the discounts an issue

but she cant vouch for some of the products they bring. like if someone brings aquanet in but you usually use nexxus..

dat no good(chinee lady at the supermarket)

Credits
    I don't think so, you choose to bring your own products, products which are provided for you with the service offered therefore no discount at least not from a shop i would run...you paying for the service of having yuh hair done and not for the products they are using

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Short_Thing
    I don't think so, you choose to bring your own products, products which are provided for you with the service offered therefore no discount at least not from a shop i would run...you paying for the service of having yuh hair done and not for the products they are using
    exactly! anybody could go in a beauty supply and buy any products.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Short_Thing
    good arguement

i probably wouldnt allow it neither

based soley on not wanting to use weird products

im the professional here and we are NOT using your DAX hairgrease
    Last edited by Essiquibo; 06-20-2006 at 12:10 PM.

Credits
    thats the issue because these women at my salon bring everything and then want huge discounts and the hairdresser was stressed over it when they left. not only are the discounts an issue

but she cant vouch for some of the products they bring. like if someone brings aquanet in but you usually use nexxus..

dat no good(chinee lady at the supermarket)
    that's true too because if a stylist is not familiar with a certain product that you bring, and all yuh hair drop out de client gonna be quick to blame de stylist.

Credits
    good arguement

i probably wouldnt allow it neither

based soley on not wanting to use weird products

im the professional here and we are NOT using your DAX hairgrease
    you can't go into any salon in the city and bring your own products and expect discounts. first of all deh not putting it in your hair b/c it may be an unfamiliar product and second, deh have rent and employees to pay.

Credits
    hell 2 fack yeah
    cut that price down.
    barbers is gettin outta control nowadays.
    a shape and cut used 2 b $10 flat.
    now every barber got a different price and tryin to act like u ain't say one thing so they could charge u for another thing u ain't say. f'em all.

Credits
    that's true too because if a stylist is not familiar with a certain product that you bring, and all yuh hair drop out de client gonna be quick to blame de stylist.
    that's what I was thinking...Esse, you better tell your stylist to make a note of the troublesome patrons so none of them don't try to sue her later when that aquanet make them go bald in the front!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast