Thread: I will never again complain about how ghetto NY is...

Credits

I will never again complain about how ghetto NY is...

I went to Baltimore over the weekend. I saw women hookin in residential areas, junkies just walking the streets bareback all hours of the night. I am not exaggerating when I say when we were driving down the streets, at least half or more of the buildings on each block were abandoned and boarded up. The Jews would have a field day in real estate if the went down there. I love NY yes.

ObieTryce
    I got peeps down dat way. Some real crack hoes runnin the Bal 4 real.

Credits
    Yeah...certain parts of Bmore are bad. The one carnival I went...people come out w/ they powder & just open the top to dump the whole thing on yuh head.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Dougla Ting
    I went to Baltimore over the weekend. I saw women hookin in residential areas, junkies just walking the streets bareback all hours of the night. I am not exaggerating when I say when we were driving down the streets, at least half or more of the buildings on each block were abandoned and boarded up. The Jews would have a field day in real estate if the went down there. I love NY yes.
    DC isnt any better (no offense to my md/dc peeps) I was staying at Sloe Hall at HU...right across the street fellas are hustlin. I heard that these same fellas robbed a student a week ealier in broad daylight. Down the block winoes bareback, pissy drunk in the middle of the road laying down..12:00 noon. I was like wtf!!

Credits
    Isn't it like that in most major cities??

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Dancer
    Isn't it like that in most major cities??
    Granted Brooklyn has its fair share of ghettos but I've never seen anything like what I saw in Baltimore.

Credits
    From what I have experienced - the further south you go the worse the ghettos are. We through around this term ghetto but we don't really have true ghettos in NY. The South Bronx is the poorest part of NYC and compared to poor communities in other states - it is still not that bad.

What seperates NY from these other places is the standard of living. You can acquire more with less in other states. However, if you don't have you can't get SHITE. But in NY - even with a little you can live decently compared to other places.

Credits
    The had a series on HBO called 'The Corner' a few years ago that documented this....shocking was all that could describe it and by the feedback im guessing their portrayal was pretty accurate.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Honikane
    The had a series on HBO called 'The Corner' a few years ago that documented this....shocking was all that could describe it and by the feedback im guessing their portrayal was pretty accurate.
    I remember the Corner. My cousin said that that show was a very accurate portrayal of what goes on down there. He said that although things are really bad now, that it has gotten better.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs_Scorpion
    From what I have experienced - the further south you go the worse the ghettos are. We through around this term ghetto but we don't really have true ghettos in NY. The South Bronx is the poorest part of NYC and compared to poor communities in other states - it is still not that bad.

What seperates NY from these other places is the standard of living. You can acquire more with less in other states. However, if you don't have you can't get SHITE. But in NY - even with a little you can live decently compared to other places.
    I totally agree. I have travelled a lot and have seen far worse ghettos in other cities. Places like Atlanta, Detroit, Philadelphia and Chicago had some of the worst neighborhoods that I have ever been to. In NY at least the projects are livable. In those other cities they are worse than a so called 3rd world country. NY is just bigger than other cities so the problems are magnified more. In other cities that I have been to in the U.S., the people have no hope and no means of bettering their situation.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by NYC2BGI
    I totally agree. I have travelled a lot and have seen far worse ghettos in other cities. Places like Atlanta, Detroit, Philadelphia and Chicago had some of the worst neighborhoods that I have ever been to. In NY at least the projects are livable. In those other cities they are worse than a so called 3rd world country. NY is just bigger than other cities so the problems are magnified more. In other cities that I have been to in the U.S., the people have no hope and no means of bettering their situation.
    I used to live in ATL and I know that the ghettos down there are definitely far worse than anything that I've ever seen in NY. For the most part NY's projects may have a lot of crime but like you mentioned, NY projects are livable compared to there.

Credits
    Either way, there is a catch. You can either live in NY and take 10 - 15 years to save for the type of house you want in the neighborhood you would like to live in or move to another state and get more in 5 years. In both cases, you will not experience the troubles of living in a ghetto but the question is how much time and energy do you want to invest in getting what you ultimately want.

Credits
    B'more is pretty gritty...

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Honikane
    Bmore is crazy for real.

Credits
    You have to keep in mine that these cities are 10 years behind in advancement. Crimes, and social problems that originated in cities like NY are now widespread in these areas. Crack sales are not as profitable, so the market shiftz to place like B-more, D.C, V.A. Con-games, welfare fraud, etc. Social reform has made a big difference in NYC. Those Cities like Philly would make a transformation if they got a big Dose of "Rudolf Giulianni"...I hate this man with a Passion, but i do give him credit for making a lot of Brothers' get their act together.

"Sometimes when i'm D.C I feel like i'm str8 back in 85' again.LOL
    Girly boy why do you get such a kick out of dissing women? - Namey Namey

You don't act proper, you just act angry. You act like a angry racist white new york cop.-Namey Namey

Everyone knows MÉCHANT LOUP is a jackass, but a pedophile? - Namey Namey

MÉCHANT LOUP like women? The only thing MÉCHANT LOUP like more than hearing that a blackman was gunned down by cops, is a hairy man ass. - Namey Namey

MÉCHANT LOUP a battyman. - Namey Namey