Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I never realized how far san fernando is from Port of Spain

Credits

Arrow I never realized how far san fernando is from Port of Spain

until i went to Santa Flora on friday; lawd what a drive! i've never been there or San Fernando before so it was nice to experience south for the first time. I don't know HOW IN THE HELL people making that commute every day nah. One taxi ride is like 20 min and the driver only charging $8. How they making a profit with that long distance driving? first from POS to San Fernando is a 1 hr fackin drive on the highway and that cost $15(again, how is that profitable to the driver?($6 by public transportation which has improved greatly imo) i find that reallll cheap for that distance) then from san fernando to Siparia is another 20 min drive(hardly any traffic or traffic lights so 20 min is long for a straight drive) then from Siparia to Santa flora is another 20 min ride. It was cool to see all the oil pumps along the way(for some reason i thought they only pumped off shore). Its extremely quiet too, i wouldn't mind living there but the distance from port of spain is too much. I also thought there would be a predominance of indians in San Fernando but from the looks of it, it seems its evenly mixed with Blacks and Indians. The people also seem alot more friendlier than people from the north.

Credits
    It doesn't take an hour to get from POS to San Fernando...what kinna car you travelled in?

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Skilz™ View Post
    It doesn't take an hour to get from POS to San Fernando...what kinna car you travelled in?
    a minivan. i guess it also depends on how fast you are driving. The driver drove at an average speed and it took us an hr.

Credits
    goodness gracious
    STATIC RADIO - www.islandmix.com/static
    Tunein Radio - Static Radio

LR Advertising LLC

Credits
    I drove from POS to Sando and I dont think it took that long
    then again it was late at night

Credits
    aaah...a typical Trinidad 'long drive'....really taking 45 minutes...but feeling like it's a two hours

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by ~Ms. Classy Lady~ View Post
    until i went to Santa Flora on friday; lawd what a drive! i've never been there or San Fernando before so it was nice to experience south for the first time. I don't know HOW IN THE HELL people making that commute every day nah. One taxi ride is like 20 min and the driver only charging $8. How they making a profit with that long distance driving? first from POS to San Fernando is a 1 hr fackin drive on the highway and that cost $15(again, how is that profitable to the driver?($6 by public transportation which has improved greatly imo) i find that reallll cheap for that distance) then from san fernando to Siparia is another 20 min drive(hardly any traffic or traffic lights so 20 min is long for a straight drive) then from Siparia to Santa flora is another 20 min ride. It was cool to see all the oil pumps along the way(for some reason i thought they only pumped off shore). Its extremely quiet too, i wouldn't mind living there but the distance from port of spain is too much. I also thought there would be a predominance of indians in San Fernando but from the looks of it, it seems its evenly mixed with Blacks and Indians. The people also seem alot more friendlier than people from the north.
    Its really not that far..
    just that the infrastructure and highways in Trinidad are so pisspoor that it takes forever to get there.

Credits

Why u thought there would have been a predominance of indians?
    Living like Peggy, plotting like Joan

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by naughtyshawtie View Post
    Why u thought there would have been a predominance of indians?
    i really don't know nah. I just thought that most indians live in central and south.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by RotiKing2004eva View Post
    aaah...a typical Trinidad 'long drive'....really taking 45 minutes...but feeling like it's a two hours
    Quote Originally Posted by Swerve View Post
    Its really not that far..
    just that the infrastructure and highways in Trinidad are so pisspoor that it takes forever to get there.
    maybe thats it. Coming back home seemed like it was taking forever, we left santa flora a lil after 6 before the sun went down and we didn't reach pos until after 8. Coming back had a lil traffic on the road tho so thats what made it extra long.

Credits
    take di ferry if u in a rush and dont want to veiw the local scene from a maxi

Credits
    That half finished stadium is a sore sight.....

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Skilz™ View Post
    +1

i really don't know nah. I just thought that most indians live in central and south.
    gouuusssh
    Love Life!!!

Credits
    I wouldnt have mind de drive nah.. I in trini me eh care

Gladiator
    I does rarely go POS..i does mostly stay in South and it does not feel long to me..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast