Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 22

Thread: I know more than 7 people who need a job

  1. #1
    Unique woman TriniTrini's Avatar TriniTrini is offline
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Success City
    Posts
    10,588
    Credits
    1,196,499

    I know more than 7 people who need a job

    What is a friend/relative to do

    No openings on my job. I am trying to keep my ears, eyes open.

    I am thinking if they try other fields they could get a lil work.
    When You Get.. Give.... When you learn... teach (Maya Angelou)

    Be the change you wish to see in the world.
    Let us work with others to change our communities.

  2. #2
    Plays Harder cassette_craig's Avatar cassette_craig is offline
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Gyalana
    Posts
    10,160
    Credits
    1,591,598
    Quote Originally Posted by TriniTrini View Post
    What is a friend/relative to do

    No openings on my job. I am trying to keep my ears, eyes open.

    I am thinking if they try other fields they could get a lil work.
    Big up Guyana, we don't know bout recession
    joie de vivre

    carpe diem

    I can tell you a story bout my dyck but
    it would be way too long

  3. #3
    Sagattarius notorious saga's Avatar notorious saga is offline
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    OnYuhMuddaBamsie
    Posts
    10,182
    Credits
    38,181,020
    Quote Originally Posted by TriniTrini View Post
    What is a friend/relative to do

    No openings on my job. I am trying to keep my ears, eyes open.

    I am thinking if they try other fields they could get a lil work.
    McDonalds, Burger King, Walmart is forever hiring link them up.
    Man ah Barbeerian bound tuh be by de bar beer in meh hand beastly cold.

  4. #4
    Plays Harder cassette_craig's Avatar cassette_craig is offline
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Gyalana
    Posts
    10,160
    Credits
    1,591,598
    Quote Originally Posted by notorious saga View Post
    McDonalds, Burger King, Walmart is forever hiring link them up.
    joie de vivre

    carpe diem

    I can tell you a story bout my dyck but
    it would be way too long

  5. #5
    Sagattarius notorious saga's Avatar notorious saga is offline
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    OnYuhMuddaBamsie
    Posts
    10,182
    Credits
    38,181,020
    Quote Originally Posted by cassette_craig View Post
    Big up Guyana, we don't know bout recession
    LOL sure you right, if the U.S people start seeing bread 100$ ah bag lemme hear what they would say, people might start kill deh family - hell they kill them for more than that.
    Man ah Barbeerian bound tuh be by de bar beer in meh hand beastly cold.

  6. #6
    Unique woman TriniTrini's Avatar TriniTrini is offline
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Success City
    Posts
    10,588
    Credits
    1,196,499
    Quote Originally Posted by cassette_craig View Post
    Big up Guyana, we don't know bout recession
    eh heh? You see any statistics about the unemployment rate in Guyana

    I know when you have to your yard and neighbours do too, you can live off the land but utilities have to be paid.


    Quote Originally Posted by notorious saga View Post
    McDonalds, Burger King, Walmart is forever hiring link them up.
    Absolutely

    I feel some of them too limiting on what they going after plus some of them tail lucky they live with people that they don't do the extra of taking on a job at those places.

    The ones in the computer field focusing on that.
    The ones who did administrative, office assistant work focusing on jobs in that.
    When You Get.. Give.... When you learn... teach (Maya Angelou)

    Be the change you wish to see in the world.
    Let us work with others to change our communities.

  7. #7
    Sagattarius notorious saga's Avatar notorious saga is offline
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    OnYuhMuddaBamsie
    Posts
    10,182
    Credits
    38,181,020
    Quote Originally Posted by TriniTrini View Post
    eh heh? You see any statistics about the unemployment rate in Guyana

    I know when you have to your yard and neighbours do too, you can live off the land but utilities have to be paid.




    Absolutely

    I feel some of them too limiting on what they going after plus some of them tail lucky they live with people that they don't do the extra of taking on a job at those places.

    The ones in the computer field focusing on that.
    The ones who did administrative, office assistant work focusing on jobs in that.
    People will pass up jobs thinking that they too good to take it, let a real recession and a piece ah hunger hit them, those same people will gladly full out a McDonalds app, it might not be much but it's something until you get back on your feet. the only problem I could see for them is if they living beyond their means - so a MC'Don job might not even pay their cellphone bill, some fockers want big this and big that too much.
    Man ah Barbeerian bound tuh be by de bar beer in meh hand beastly cold.

  8. #8
    Plays Harder cassette_craig's Avatar cassette_craig is offline
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Gyalana
    Posts
    10,160
    Credits
    1,591,598
    Quote Originally Posted by TriniTrini View Post
    eh heh? You see any statistics about the unemployment rate in Guyana

    I know when you have to your yard and neighbours do too, you can live off the land but utilities have to be paid.
    The unemployment rate down here is basically cause of the young people wid sweet skin. Dem bannas aint want do no flimsy job cah they want spend money and buy fancy tight pants and expensive phones and suh.

    The people dem dat planting the land not getting any of these problems. There are also the people dat have like reasonable jobs that also do a little farming or have fish farms and stuff like that on the side.

    See its like you said people that qualified in a certain area are focusing on that alone and not seeing if anything can be made elsewhere. Right now we have some jobs lined up that we will need extra hands i might call on some bannas dat i good with dat i know willing and ready to wuk hard and not no sweet skin bannas cah dis is wuk when yuh dun yuh reaping the rewards like bill gates but its HARD wuk.

    I gah line up a massage daily whenever i get home
    joie de vivre

    carpe diem

    I can tell you a story bout my dyck but
    it would be way too long

  9. #9
    Plays Harder cassette_craig's Avatar cassette_craig is offline
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Gyalana
    Posts
    10,160
    Credits
    1,591,598
    Quote Originally Posted by notorious saga View Post
    People will pass up jobs thinking that they too good to take it, let a real recession and a piece ah hunger hit them, those same people will gladly full out a McDonalds app, it might not be much but it's something until you get back on your feet. the only problem I could see for them is if they living beyond their means - so a MC'Don job might not even pay their cellphone bill, some fockers want big this and big that too much.
    preach pasta saga
    joie de vivre

    carpe diem

    I can tell you a story bout my dyck but
    it would be way too long

  10. #10
    Unique woman TriniTrini's Avatar TriniTrini is offline
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Success City
    Posts
    10,588
    Credits
    1,196,499
    Quote Originally Posted by notorious saga View Post
    People will pass up jobs thinking that they too good to take it, let a real recession and a piece ah hunger hit them, those same people will gladly full out a McDonalds app, it might not be much but it's something until you get back on your feet. the only problem I could see for them is if they living beyond their means - so a MC'Don job might not even pay their cellphone bill, some fockers want big this and big that too much.
    @ bolded Exactly! for some and they did not modify their thought process to see they could do something else. One is a capenter looking for carpenter work.

    I also tell them working for people is not necessarily it. I sold water, cup cakes and other things over the years to bring in a lil cash. My thing is get up and do something at least. Yeah they sending out the resumes and trying other things to land their intended job but gosh man they could try other fields in the meantime.
    When You Get.. Give.... When you learn... teach (Maya Angelou)

    Be the change you wish to see in the world.
    Let us work with others to change our communities.

  11. #11
    Sagattarius notorious saga's Avatar notorious saga is offline
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    OnYuhMuddaBamsie
    Posts
    10,182
    Credits
    38,181,020
    Quote Originally Posted by TriniTrini View Post
    @ bolded Exactly! for some and they did not modify their thought process to see they could do something else. One is a capenter looking for carpenter work.

    I also tell them working for people is not necessarily it. I sold water, cup cakes and other things over the years to bring in a lil cash. My thing is get up and do something at least. Yeah they sending out the resumes and trying other things to land their intended job but gosh man they could try other fields in the meantime.
    Some people stay stagnant in once place and expect the phone to ring or the door knock and someone will carry them to the job.

    When I was back home in Trinidad I was a plumber by trade but I also did carpentry, Masonry and on the side I went to computer Hi Tech and got certified. In the world today if you only know one thing you will be stuck in first gear - if you know many you can change gears when ever you want - the choice is yours.
    Man ah Barbeerian bound tuh be by de bar beer in meh hand beastly cold.

  12. #12
    Unique woman TriniTrini's Avatar TriniTrini is offline
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Success City
    Posts
    10,588
    Credits
    1,196,499
    Quote Originally Posted by notorious saga View Post
    Some people stay stagnant in once place and expect the phone to ring or the door knock and someone will carry them to the job.

    When I was back home in Trinidad I was a plumber by trade but I also did carpentry, Masonry and on the side I went to computer Hi Tech and got certified. In the world today if you only know one thing you will be stuck in first gear - if you know many you can change gears when ever you want - the choice is yours.
    Some people like you to take them by the hand and carry them most of the time. They might be lead to more of the same.

    Definitely should have more than one skill so you can be self sufficient in more ways.

    The beauty of growing up home you can go to the community centers and learn a new skill like sewing, making pvc pipe chairs, making things out of leather, baking etc. Sell some things here there until you go into business out of a store.
    When You Get.. Give.... When you learn... teach (Maya Angelou)

    Be the change you wish to see in the world.
    Let us work with others to change our communities.

  13. #13
    Registered User jahblessed's Avatar jahblessed is offline
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    BKNY
    Posts
    705
    Credits
    1,025,947
    Quote Originally Posted by cassette_craig View Post
    Big up Guyana, we don't know bout recession
    Cause everybody leaves too look for work in barbados and trinidad lol

  14. #14
    Registered User jahblessed's Avatar jahblessed is offline
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    BKNY
    Posts
    705
    Credits
    1,025,947
    Quote Originally Posted by TriniTrini View Post
    eh heh? You see any statistics about the unemployment rate in Guyana

    I know when you have to your yard and neighbours do too, you can live off the land but utilities have to be paid.




    Absolutely

    I feel some of them too limiting on what they going after plus some of them tail lucky they live with people that they don't do the extra of taking on a job at those places.

    The ones in the computer field focusing on that.
    The ones who did administrative, office assistant work focusing on jobs in that.
    thats foolishness the unemployment rate is over 10% in nyc, over 30% among people under 25, over 40% among blk men in NYC. teenagers are competing with 40 yr old for a job at micky dee, whit castle and burger king . this a valid point when the job rate is under 6% , nonsense when it over 10%

  15. #15
    MJ7
    Registered User MJ7's Avatar MJ7 is offline
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    2,773
    Credits
    1,295,621

    Thumbs up

    Quote Originally Posted by TriniTrini View Post
    What is a friend/relative to do

    No openings on my job. I am trying to keep my ears, eyes open.

    I am thinking if they try other fields they could get a lil work.
    Tell your friends family...to start cooking(sell dinners). Do hair, bake cakes, sew...whatever they are good at. Did you know that many start up businesses actually began during a recession? Uh...Starbucks, anyone?


Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •