Thread: I know I am late but here is a few Carnival fun facts.....

Credits

I know I am late but here is a few Carnival fun facts.....

1)During the month of February, the peak of the Carnival season … approximately 1.3 million bottles of hard liquor is sold that's enough to fill TWO OLYMPIC SIZE SWIMMING POOLS! (Happy swimming!)

2)Over Carnival the route that our band travels is 230 km. While you are jumping up, chipping down the road and taking a little 'wine' you're burning calories. Each person burns 200 calories per km. So in actual fact you burn 46,000 calories!

3)On Carnival day's masqueraders consume 3.5 drinks every hour. So, at the end of the two days it's equivalent to 2.5 bottles of rum or two cases of beer each!

4)The music trucks generate about 110 -120 decibels. For you to understand what this sounds like, stand about 200 ft. from a jumbo jet when it takes off.

5)One music truck uses 20-25 kilowatts of power. That's five times the power used by the average residential home.

6)The greatest show on earth …over 40,000 masqueraders take to the streets every year. Trinidad has a ratio of 7 women to 1 man

7)The average person gets about 14 hours sleep for the whole Carnival weekend. However a 'mas maker' only gets about 14 hrs. For THE ENTIRE WEEK before Carnival!

Dawtah of the Sun Empressdududahlin's Avatar Empressdududahlin is offline
    Credits
    Trini Prinzez 4)The music trucks generate about 110 -120 decibels. For you to understand what this sounds like, stand about 200 ft. from a jumbo jet when it takes off.
    Thank God Trini have a great Energy system, Dat would take out all de current from my small island. "CURRENT GONE!" S.P.I.C.E. Ladie, you what I'm talking about! LOL

Credits

Re: I know I am late but here is a few Carnival fun facts.....

[6)The greatest show on earth …over 40,000 masqueraders take to the streets every year.

This is so true ..................Trinidad has a ratio of 7 women to 1 man ...:)

...concrete jungle where dreams are made of...
    Credits

Re: I know I am late but here is a few Carnival fun facts.....

Originally posted by Trini Prinzez

2)Over Carnival the route that our band travels is 230 km. While you are jumping up, chipping down the road and taking a little 'wine' you're burning calories. Each person burns 200 calories per km. So in actual fact you burn 46,000 calories!
    Now THAT'S what I call a workout :chill
    "Create the highest, grandest vision possible for your life, because you become what you believe." - Oprah Winfrey

"If you keep believing in yourself and seek enthusiasm inside your soul, things will get simpler, more spontaneous." ~Paulo Coelho

"I find your lack of faith disturbing" - Darth Vader

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit
    the floor each morning the devil says:
    "Oh Crap, She's up!"